• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP and ESTP Mixup? I CAN HELP!

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So real quick. I’ve learned things. ENTPs and ESTPs? People mistake us for each other all the time. Because apparently, if you don’t do sports, you MUST be an ENTP, right? Or if you have an interest in sports, you’re suddenly walking the possibility of being an ESTP. All in all, it’s a bunch of bullshit, so I’m here to lay down behavioral differences I’ve noticed in ENTPs and ESTPs.

1- Pettiness is the driving force of every decision an ESTP makes. Well, almost always. This is how we get into such comedically bad situations. ENTPs are no stranger to being petty, but are so in such a way that such behavior is reflected on a much smaller and more reasonable scale.

2- Both personalities have the potential to be nice people. I’m not here to convince you that ESTPs are assholes (despite the fact that we are). However, ESTPs have a noticeably shorter fuse than ENTPs. It’s suggested by the few who have actually gotten to study us that we’re not actually angry, but just notably intense people, seeming to be angry to those around us. Not that intense? Probably an ENTP.

3- ESTPs can be very intelligent people who go beyond frat boys. Just because you’re creative and intelligent does not automatically place you as an ENTP. The frat boy, though, is the most common version of us in the world. Both types are crafty and witty though, which is what causes us to be mistaken for the other. The ESTP, for better or for worse, will be easily more fast-paced and energetic, commonly doing before thinking.

4- Last But not least, ESTPs are simply far more confrontational. If we see something, we’re going to say something. While it IS for a good cause (commonly, hopefully), many individuals are intimidated by us for a reason. We’re brash, we love to challenge bullshitters, and we tend to be very aggressive about it, especially since we tend to be overprotective of the underdog of the group (a typically unknown ESTP trait). ENTPs can be confrontational (naturally), but will most likely do so in a less direct manner unless first provoked.

I hope this helps to let people see the difference between ENTPs and ESTPs. It was kind of all over the place, but hey, that’s what I’m good at, right? Screw planning.

rav3n

ESTPs are in your face provocative and ENTPs are more covert and sneaky about it, looking for soft spots to push since it's 'fun' for them to provoke reactions.

Even though two of my most fave people are ENTPs, I prefer the ESTP style since they can take what they dish out. ENTPs can't.

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESTPs are in your face provocative and ENTPs are more covert and sneaky about it, looking for soft spots to push since it's 'fun' for them to provoke reactions.

^^^^ What they said.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ESTP -> generate some superstition about some person -> wants to proof their theory in psychopathic way
ENTP -> generate some theory about some person -> has always a door for a change.

ENTP -> enormous risk takers about everything you can imagine and theoretic.
ESTP -> the most realistic type and insecure a lot more, calculating as well. Everything what they do is guided by impulses.

ENTP -> Right, who cares about security... :D
ESTP -> Who cares about be insightful as long as I have a lot of fun ... :shrug:

ESTP -> think they are ENTJ.
ENTP -> think they are INTP

ENTP doesn't like stubbornness of ESTP and probably will be pissed off.

ESTP doesn't like ENTP's cowardice and probably will be pissed off.

So we are talk about ENTP and ESTP with high IQ

ENTP will think about possibility that he is introvert at least 10 times per day.
ESTP won't.

ESTP will take every challenge no matter how stupid it is.
ENTP won't

ESTP will be probably more grounded - industrial. Looks like dom Te because of his/her leadership tendencies. probably 8w7 (key genius -> Se himself as center)
ENTP will be more into science , inventor , ethical , independent and global achiever - for humanity. he will be probably 7w6 (key genius -> Ne bigger then himself)

ENTP will look weird (introverted) , shoes problem included :D (my problem also) , he/she doesn't cere about about his/her appearance at all. :shrug:
ESTP will look like just any normal guy/girl , not shoes problem , very clean and business mind like. :encore:

ENTP will hate this this world but still work for global achievement. Ne thing (not realistic -> global optimistic)
ESTP will hate this world and brake the law for achieve whatever he/she sets in mind Se thing (realistic -> personal optimistic) :)

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Even though two of my most fave people are ENTPs, I prefer the ESTP style since they can take what they dish out. ENTPs can't.

:laugh:

so true.

ENTPs love to poke everyone and are the first to pout when they get poked back.

ESTPs poke too and if you poke back are more like to take it as, aha, we have a contender.

enjoy interacting with both types but ENTPs can often pull that i want my cake and eat it too card too often.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah... most of this really doesn't apply to me :shrug:

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah... most of this really doesn't apply to me :shrug:

Unsurprising it's the usual mix of personal anecdotes dressed as objective observation. Except for Norexans which are renin dictomies slapped together with I think is Sergei's VI stuff......... which is also a convoluted form of personal anecdotes. Bonus points for using intense without instinctual variants though. I can't say I have ever seen anyone play the fear and loathing in Los Vegas disposition without it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

aw, why thank you