• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me... Am i INFP or ENFP or other type?

Anto357

(Not Native English Speaker, so sorry if my english is suck.)
Hi everyone, i'm new here and i hope by joining all of you i can get an answer to my one big question : What is My Type?
I have try many tests on many websites, and mostly the result was INFP. But when i begin to know at jung's cognitive function, i'm not really sure about my type. I begin to consider myself as ENFP. Maybe it's because i'm still teenager (16 years old) so my personality doesn't really well developed yet, but surely there's one type that mostly fit to me, right?
I don't know how to start, maybe i just write some of my traits :

• I love to be alone, but i love spending time with my friends (just close ones, though). I hate talking to strangers, i hate being the center of attention, yet sometimes i act like a crazy person around my friend. I can be very talkactive.
  • I love taking risk and having fun. I love to ride a roller coaster and always wishing that someday i will skydiving or bungee jumping. (It's like Extraverted Sensor, right?)
  • I can think logically and abandoned my feelings sometimes.
  • I often stumbled through things. And it always occured when i'm in public. I'm very focus inward, and forget my surroundings.
  • I hate vacation that allows me to watch the scenery only. I love trip that makes me do something like what i said in point two. Yet i spend most of my times in my messy bedroom, doing nothing.
  • I hate being controlled or told to do something. I always wants a freedom. I love a movie about rebellion like Hunger Games.
  • I really love to have a daily schedule but even if i can make one, i never can to stick with it.
  • I love talking or thinking something like: what if WW3 occured, what if there are some people born with superpower, what if there are alien invasion. I even dreamed about it.
  • I am not innocent or pure like INFP stereotype. Unless "cursing everyday" is fall to either category.
Wow, there's a lot of it. I hope some of you is kind and patient enough to read all of it. Please help me! I really appreciate it. Anyway, thanks for reading and i hope you answer my question!
Let me know if you need more detailed information about me.

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't worry about your level of English fluency, I understood you just fine. :)

So, lots there to unpack! First, some advice. Don't worry too much about stereotypical traits, in this case, I mean INFP ones specifically. Just because you don't necessarily relate to all the points in the description doesn't mean that you aren't that type. For example, INFPs can think logically and often do, but it's simply more natural for us to use our Fi more heavily than our Te.

Being inward focused, not liking being the centre of attention, having a few close friends and spending a lot of time alone, and you have a strong imagination and a hint of stubborn rebellion against authority figures. That's Fi. And Fi doesn't necessarily equal emotional, either. A better way to phrase it would be "is this important to me. Do i think it matters?" Fi means having a strong moral compass, and an independent streak. Ask yourself whether that fits you.

From INFP to (possibly) another, i can tell you that I too, love roller coasters and am crazy talkative with my close friends. INFPs open up to people they trust and when they do, we can sound remarkably like ENFPs because of our Aux Ne.

I'd recommend you ask yourself the following:

How expressive are you? INFPs tend to have unexpressive faces because most of our emotions are internalized. ENFPs are much more physical than INFPs in terms of body movement.

What are you like when you're stressed? This is an important question because one of the best ways to differentiate between INFPs and ENFPs is through the way they act when stressed. INFPs become overly critical and nitpicky. ENFPs get stuck on details and lose the ability to make new ideas.

Look at the lower functions of the two. You said you're messy. That could mean Inferior Te. How good are you at finishing projects? Or maybe inferior Si: how do you view your past?

If you want my opinion, I'd say you're an INFP. :) Hope that helped!