• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I'm pretty good at figuring things out right away

Just out of curiosity, do you mean you're good at knowing exactly what is bothering you right away- as in, you know precisely what the external trigger is- or you're good at knowing exactly why it's bothering you, why the person shouldn't be doing it/why it should be pointed out?

This has actually come up in conversation before (there's endless discussion of INFJs bouncing their thought processes of each other in this forum*), and we tend to know immediately what the external trigger is- but figuring out exactly why it's a problem/causing a sudden strong emotional reaction or 'red flag' feeling, in a way that can be put into words to make others understand and without sounding the least bit histrionic, is the thing that's difficult. It really helps to have a person to bounce the raw reality off of, to bleed off the emotional charge and distill the issue down to a logical core. But we tend to really be unwilling to get remotely confrontational about an issue before the emotional charge (which informed us it was an issue) has mostly been neutralized. It's like we don't trust our own notion of what's causing the emotional charge until we've had the opportunity to see it without the emotional charge, until it feels like we've gleamed an objective enough view of the issue. (Again, something we've been criticized for. :laugh: )

*When you wrote above "trying to constantly untangle my web and figure out who I am and why I am the way I am and how I can improve"...that actually sounds as much or more INFJ to me- not sure if you were kidding about it being more INTJ like. At least, in this forum, we bounce our thinking process off each other all the time here to better understand it. I'm sure INTJs have their own version. That would make an interesting thread actually, asking INFJs and INTJs to describe how that statement I quoted applies to them. But anyway.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Just out of curiosity, do you mean you're good at knowing exactly what is bothering you right away- as in, you know precisely what the external trigger is- or you're good at knowing exactly why it's bothering you, why the person shouldn't be doing it/why it should be pointed out?

This has actually come up in conversation before (there's endless discussion of INFJs bouncing their thought processes of each other in this forum*), and we tend to know immediately what the external trigger is- but figuring out exactly why it's a problem/causing a sudden strong emotional reaction or 'red flag' feeling, in a way that can be put into words to make others understand and without sounding the least bit histrionic, is the thing that's difficult. It really helps to have a person to bounce the raw reality off of, to bleed off the emotional charge and distill the issue down to a logical core. But we tend to really be unwilling to get remotely confrontational about an issue before the emotional charge (which informed us it was an issue) has mostly been neutralized. It's like we don't trust our own notion of what's causing the emotional charge until we've had the opportunity to see it without the emotional charge, until it feels like we've gleamed an objective enough view of the issue. (Again, something we've been criticized for. :laugh: )

*When you wrote above "trying to constantly untangle my web and figure out who I am and why I am the way I am and how I can improve"...that actually sounds as much or more INFJ to me- not sure if you were kidding about it being more INTJ like. At least, in this forum, we bounce our thinking process off each other all the time here to better understand it. I'm sure INTJs have their own version. That would make an interesting thread actually, asking INFJs and INTJs to describe how that statement I quoted applies to them. But anyway.

I'm actually good at knowing what the external trigger is. I know when people or situations bother me. I know exactly what it is that's under my skin but I usually dig to try to understand why it is a trigger. It becomes consuming to understand or get to the bottom of it. I live in my head A LOT. Which being on my depression/anxiety medication has helped with.

In the case of evaluating people around me, I can understand exactly what the problem is, but I obsess over trying to find out why that problem exists. For instance, my best friend was in an abusive relationship for 6.5 years. I knew the second I met the guy that something wasn't right. I was immediately heightened to him not being an honest or trustworthy person. For years I worked as a counselor in a way, to convince my best friend to get out of the relationship. Each time they broke up, she went back. It was a very rough 6.5 years for me because each time they broke up, I would exhaust myself in trying to make her understand why she shouldn't go back. When she'd go back, I would feel so confused. I couldn't understand why she didn't see the situation exactly as it was. I would spend hours reading articles on why people can't leave abusive relationships and why someone would continuously pursue it. I literally took her problems and made them my own. It eventually was taking me away from my husband, my sanity and I told her that if she went back, I could longer hear about him or their breakups. They ended up breaking up and it was weeks before she told me. I knew they had, I could tell by her voice and behavior, but I didn't actually want to hear the words and get sucked back in.

Finally she admitted it to me and I became more hands off in my counseling. I took a more supportive role rather than a controlling role and she ended up staying away after that. It took 6 years to walk away and never look back. Needless to say, that shot me into another period of evaluating my tactics.

Starry

Not INTJ. Not 8.

I worked as a graphic designer for a small company and there was a female manager who I'll call Betty. She was a high energy, loud and often offensive person. She would frequently make vulgar remarks. One time she repeatedly called a male co-worker on our speaker system and was asking him about how men urinate. Yeah, I know...Anyway...

I don't have time for a long post but doubt I would provide one here even if I did have the time with so many knowledgeable people responding. I just felt like saying the above is so Fe to me (and truth be told why I'm convinced Jefferson was INTJ as opposed to INFJ but that's a different thread altogether.) That "Yeah, I know"... kinda hits me like how prison doors hit...metal on metal when they slam...and then lock... :wink:

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm actually good at knowing what the external trigger is. I know when people or situations bother me. I know exactly what it is that's under my skin but I usually dig to try to understand why it is a trigger. It becomes consuming to understand or get to the bottom of it. I live in my head A LOT. Which being on my depression/anxiety medication has helped with.

Ha-ha, yeah. That's what I meant, when I said the distillation process can be an excrutiating bitch. In light of the rest of the above post, the things that sounded potentially INTJ before suddenly make sense. My vote has definitely changed to INFJ.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
So I was just reading about this - I can definitely see your point. Now let me ask, as a newbie...when it comes to enneagram, do you identify with what feels like you? Or what your results are? Because I took a test and my top 3 numbers were 862 and my variant thing was sospsx- I'm still new to these.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For whatever reason, the only test results I've gotten personality type-wise that have been incorrect were instinct variants. The tests I took for enneagram gave me an e5 result, and almost all the descriptions I've read have been a near perfect fit. I can definitely relate to some aspects of other enneagram types, some very much so (like, both 4 and 6). And there are some traits of e5 that I don't relate to- like I don't really need to feel like the smartest person in the room, or get angry if someone questions my competence (I get angry if it seems like some kind of power play, but that's slightly different). But a couple of the traits listed for e5 are things I had actually already noticed about myself- like, for years, I had been wondering why it is that I felt like I had to mentally hyper-prepare for things that other people only need to mildly prepare for, if not just dive into (and even though I noticed it, I didn't know how to get out of doing it)- and so reading e5 descriptions often felt like "Holy shit, I'm not the only one AND there's a whole 'type' of person out there who does it too?!" That's why I feel like e5 is the best fit.

With instinct variant though, the so/sp I originally got- I could kinda see it if I looked for how it could fit, but (after getting some opinions from others that it didn't seem right) I read the descriptions and originally settled on sp/sx. It took maybe a year of stumbling on various descriptions here and there that I changed it to sx/sp, and that seems to be the best fit. But it took over a year of stumbling into discussions about it here and reading various descriptions before it felt like a fit.

Sometimes finding one's 'type' is like that- there are people who have been here for years before something 'clicks' and they realize they're more like another type than the one they'd been identifying as. I think the reason I originally thought I was sp/sx is because e5s are just naturally aloof- and quite a few e5s who originally identify as sp dominant because of it. Likewise, there have been a few INTPs who identify as e5, because that's what most INTPs are- then something 'clicks' and they realize they're actually e9s. And there have been a couple ENxPs who identified as e7, because being ENxP gives them that energetic vibe, but they ended up realizing they're also e9s. So sometimes it just takes being exposed to information about it for a while before something 'clicks'. :shrug:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, that^ sounds waaa-a-a-ay more INFJishy. (Though now I have to admit, I'm doubting the e8, lol? Only because it's just so hard for me to wrap my head around that combination. But if that's what feels right to you, you should definitely stick to it. :shrug: )
Why do you think e8 is inherently incompatible with INFJ? How about ENFJ? I had a supervisor briefly who I'm fairly sure was ENFJ and e8. He thought he was ENTJ, but it was obvious he was leading everything with Fe. His thinking style, by contrast, was Ti.

That totally makes sense. I feel like I'm pretty good at figuring things out right away, but SAYING or CONFRONTING it right away is different. I usually simmer on things until I can no longer simmer. Someone pointed out a strong Ti and I think that could be. I consider myself a pretty analytic thinker in a lot of ways but definitely am guided in my emotions about things. I becoming emotionally invested in problems which is why I can quickly become drained. Too much draining = rising anger and frustration = e8. Or at least that's how I'm calculating that result. Personalities are so complex. It's really become a big interest of mine lately and I'm trying to constantly untangle my web and figure out who I am and why I am the way I am and how I can improve. (very INTJ of me, I know). I always told people that I felt INFJ fit me very well except the communication style. I probably would think INTJ were more fitting if it wasn't for my obsessive need to help people with their problems and being so concerned about what people think of me and really concerned with companionship. I feel like the lone wolf is what I've become due to circumstances in my life. Not by my own doing. I don't like being "alone". I like to have a small group of friends. Right now, my best friend of 13 years (INFJ) is the only person I've clung to. And she always calls me her soul mate. So maybe we're lucky in finding one another. Thanks for your reply!
You are right in that identifying your type is not as clear-cut is it is for some people. Still, I favor INFJ on balance. INTJs don't usually hesitate to confront others over bad situations, though we do pick our battles, and tend to object more on grounds of effectiveness than fairness. I at least will decide when something objectionable happens whether it is worth the confrontation or not. If it is, I don't delay in having it out. Otherwise, I let it go and don't look back - unless it becomes a pattern and needs to be revisited. Also, IME INTJs are less likely to be bothered by being considered insensitive. We may, in fact, disagree that what we are displaying is in fact insensitivity. Finally, I think many INTJs are quite used to being the lone wolf, and in fact may even prefer it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have to mirror what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] is saying - that you are likely INFJ with enneagram 1w2 or 2w1. Actually, as I read your posts, I feel almost as if I am reading something I have written. Your tone is very "conversational" and a little flat (unless I'm just reading it in my own tone... which I am of course, but you know what I mean). Is your humor dry too? I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Could it be possible that you are actually less angry than you think? What I mean is that perhaps you are a bit of an angry person, or maybe you're actually more of an irritable, reactive person??? Maybe a little impatient?? And perhaps you are being extra hard on yourself for the following reasons:

1. You truly feel bad about your behavior because you recognize how it affects others and this causes you shame and guilt.
2. You were raised by a toxic parent who succeeded in making you internalize blame in general.
3. You are a mom, and no one is harder on themselves than moms, especially the good moms (if you feel like you're not a good mom, you probably are).

Additionally, don't confuse depression or others issues (like ADHD, anxiety, stress, fatigue, etc) with being an angry person. In my experience, truly angry people don't tend to care much about their anger, at least not outwardly. They may shift blame to other people or try to justify their behavior. People who get angry but don't want to be angry (as in it's not really a part of who they are) tend to feel bad about their anger and want to do something about it. Are you comfortable in expressing anger? - Is it just another emotion for you? Or do you tend to feel bad about being angry? If it's the latter, that is textbook enneagram 1. Enneagram 1 also has a tendency to look very Fi. To me, you are a clear Fe user, you just have a strong sense of right and wrong and it irks you (and rightfully so!) when others lack this morality. I also speak up in certain situations and legitimately GIVE ZERO FUCKS if I perceive the other person to be immoral or inconsiderate, but this is actually Fe because what is upsetting me is their disregard for others... it's an extensive feeling (branching out to and concerned with the effect on others) rather than an intensive feeling (branching inward and upsetting mainly you). Fe can still feel like Fi because your morals and triggers are so personal, but look at the motivations and how global they are (Fe is global, Fi is centric or likes to focus on specific groups - like children, the disabled, animals, etc.).

I hope I am explaining this well as some of it is sort of regurgitated from an article I just read on INFPs, and the rest is my own slowly evolving interpretation of Fe vs Fi. To me, you have very strong Ni, obvious Ti, and morally guided Fe.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think e8 is inherently incompatible with INFJ? How about ENFJ? I had a supervisor briefly who I'm fairly sure was ENFJ and e8. He thought he was ENTJ, but it was obvious he was leading everything with Fe. His thinking style, by contrast, was Ti.

Maybe someone else will answer this. I keep stopping by the forum as a drive-by distraction, answering this satisfactorily would require more time and energy than I currently have to spare.

About Fe doms, I have no idea.

Starry

So I was just reading about this - I can definitely see your point. Now let me ask, as a newbie...when it comes to enneagram, do you identify with what feels like you? Or what your results are? Because I took a test and my top 3 numbers were 862 and my variant thing was sospsx- I'm still new to these.

Whoops Blacksheep you may have been directing this towards me and I didn't know. When you say you were "just reading about this..." were you saying you were just reading about e1w2 and e2w1?

Enneagram is too complex imo for tests that produce relatively accurate results...and yet when I look at your top 3 + variant I think wow...whatever test you took hit its mark. The only adjustment I would make would be to bring e2 to the front for it is your core...

2w1 so/sp tritype 286

^A quick explanation that might not make all that much sense to you right now... You are scoring high on e8 because e2 is connected to e8 by way of its stress point pathway and the sense of "right and wrong" from an e1 wing has a tendency to exaggerate that/draw that 8 out (my Mom is an ENFJ 2w1 so/sp with strong 8) and e8 is part of your tritype.

Starry

Maybe someone else will answer this. I keep stopping by the forum as a drive-by distraction, answering this satisfactorily would require more time and energy than I currently have to spare.

About Fe doms, I have no idea.

I think most ENFJs are connected to e8. INFJs...eh...no.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs...eh...no.

Feel like hazarding an attempt to explain why?

(I won't be home for at least several days, so I don't have my enneagram books handy, and even if I did it would require, like, spending half a day looking through them and formulating an answer. I just kinda *know* it, from previously have read about it and having formed the opinion (e8 being my 'point of integration'), but can't recall the details off the top of my head. If you can't do it off the top of your head either, then nevermind, obvs. :D )

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Coming to this party late, but I definitely see the NFJ patterns, not the NTJ patterns.

However, given that one of the hallmarks of INFJs is slow reaction times, perhaps this is a case of a ENFJ instead of a INFJ or INTJ.

I can definitely relate to what the OP has written. I am not sure about the e8, but, her Fe seems to be leading more than in support mode.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Are you the same person or what? I feel like you have described me very well. I do tend to have a flat tone. I'm actually critical of myself over it. When people tell me something negative about myself, I tend to take it as hard truth and then try to fix it. My dad used to make fun of my voice and tone.

I don't like being angry. I feel guilty over being angry. Probably for a combination of the 3 reasons you listed. It feels like anger is a forbidden emotion. I do agree that maybe it's not actual anger and it is just my irritability and impatience showing. My mother was very on top of putting me in check and punishing me for showing many signs of being upset.

Geez. A fucked up childhood causes lifelong issues and lifelong therapy it feels like. I often feel like I can describe myself as the offspring of Chandler Bing and Monica Gellar (if they had biological children). I'm sarcastic, told that I'm funny by some, but OCD and controlling. That's the best way I can describe me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Are you the same person or what? I feel like you have described me very well. I do tend to have a flat tone. I'm actually critical of myself over it. When people tell me something negative about myself, I tend to take it as hard truth and then try to fix it. My dad used to make fun of my voice and tone.

I don't like being angry. I feel guilty over being angry. Probably for a combination of the 3 reasons you listed. It feels like anger is a forbidden emotion. I do agree that maybe it's not actual anger and it is just my irritability and impatience showing. My mother was very on top of putting me in check and punishing me for showing many signs of being upset.

Geez. A fucked up childhood causes lifelong issues and lifelong therapy it feels like. I often feel like I can describe myself as the offspring of Chandler Bing and Monica Gellar (if they had biological children). I'm sarcastic, told that I'm funny by some, but OCD and controlling. That's the best way I can describe me.

Don't fret (or at least not for too long), I had a shitty childhood too and so did a lot of others. It's perfectly okay to be kind of fucked up. I propose INFJ with a lot of e1 somewhere (could just be a strong wing from your e2), or I supposed I could see the ENFJ with some e8, but I'm not so sure just because of how much I relate to you. I have heard that depressed ENFJs often confuse themselves as INFJ though, but it's pretty easy to figure out which you are, imo. What is your strongest function? Is it Ni? (I think I remember you saying you are always in your head... classic Ni-dom statement) Or are you primarily concerned with helping and showing affection and understanding to others? That doesn't really sound like you though, based on what I'm reading. Another thing: a strong e5 presence somewhere (like if your e6 has a 5 wing) could also give you that sort of stoic, detached vibe.

One thing that I was (am still sometimes am) prone to doing as I was first getting into typology was that I was very focused on my flaws and negatives. Honestly, I didn't even see the warmer side of my nature. I gave myself such little credit that I kept getting test results that just made me feel like a shitty person (not to knock people who ARE the types that I was getting, but it made me feel shitty cuz it didn't accurately depict my strengths, so all I saw was negatives). I tested as a counterphobic e6 with Sp instinctual variant, but I wasn't aware that I was in crisis mode following some major life changes and heartache, so while it was probably an extremely accurate depiction of me at the time, it wasn't me, not at my core at least. I had to shift out of that mental space and reconnect with my heart, and in doing this I discovered that I am actually an e4. I had to get REALLY honest with myself about my fears and negatives though, and that took some time for me (I consider myself a late bloomer in the self-awareness department, and that is actually quite a Fe thing).

Typing is a journey, and a personal one at that, so take your time, take breaks here and there, listen to others but take their opinions with a grain of salt (yes, even mine). Once you know your type, you can focus on strengthening your auxiliary function and tapping into your inferior function in healthy ways. Alternatively, you can look into "loops" and see how you think you act when you aren't doing so well, and maybe see how you have under- or over-indulged in your inferior functions. For INFJs, they get stuck in Ni Ti loops (being stuck in your head and thinking obsessively about whatever is bothering you, and totally skipping the Fe function by not talking to others to get their opinion or getting those feelings out of you somehow). I used to over-indulge in Se (inferior function) by drinking too much alcohol, or even watching too much porn (sorry if TMI), or sometimes just listening to too much loud music for too long... all of these were an attempt to escape. Under-indulging might look like not eating and losing 15% of your body weight in 3 months, which I also did. I did all of these things at the same time because I just couldn't cope. I also had a somewhat limited awareness of what I was putting myself through and I only have clarity from hindsight now (again, this hints to Fe because Fi would be more aware of what is going on inside of you emotionally).

I hope I'm not dumping too much information on you at once. Take your time to sift through and learn and digest at your own pace. And welcome to the forum! Should you choose to stay, I hope you find value and a spark for growth here :)

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Whoops Blacksheep you may have been directing this towards me and I didn't know. When you say you were "just reading about this..." were you saying you were just reading about e1w2 and e2w1?

Enneagram is too complex imo for tests that produce relatively accurate results...and yet when I look at your top 3 + variant I think wow...whatever test you took hit its mark. The only adjustment I would make would be to bring e2 to the front for it is your core...

2w1 so/sp tritype 286

^A quick explanation that might not make all that much sense to you right now... You are scoring high on e8 because e2 is connected to e8 by way of its stress point pathway and the sense of "right and wrong" from an e1 wing has a tendency to exaggerate that/draw that 8 out (my Mom is an ENFJ 2w1 so/sp with strong 8) and e8 is part of your tritype.

Holy shit...you're good.
I actually went back to the same site where I took this test the first time (similarminds.com) and decided to redo it. Just because so many people mentioned e8 being weird, I wanted to see how similar my results would be if I took it again. I know that 50% of people who retake MBTI are likely to get another result the 2nd time. So...this was the result I got this time:

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 34%

Your main type is Type 2
Your variant stacking is so/sp/sx

So, it was pretty much the same result, but the 2 and the 8 flipped, as you suggested it should! I applaud your analysis! Now, since I'm new to this - I'm going to dive deeper into the wings. I read both 1 and 3 and I agree that 1 is definitely my stronger wing. You also felt that the variant stacking made sense and again, I got the same one. So I'm going to close the book on that one for now. Thank you so so so very much!

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
To follow-up on my previous post and your last one, it sounds like you have inferior Ti.

Read this thread and see if it sounds familiar: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nitive-functions/79446-abyss-inferior-ti.html

I think you're making a reasonable connection. I was reading just now here:
How Functions Work: Inferior Ti (ESFJ/ENFJ) - Cognitive Function Theory

And it seems very similar in that I've relied on my dominant function while trying to suppress the inferior one and it's manifested in some unhealthy ways. Definitely going to explore this more! Thanks for the response!

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Don't fret (or at least not for too long), I had a shitty childhood too and so did a lot of others. It's perfectly okay to be kind of fucked up. I propose INFJ with a lot of e1 somewhere (could just be a strong wing from your e2), or I supposed I could see the ENFJ with some e8, but I'm not so sure just because of how much I relate to you. I have heard that depressed ENFJs often confuse themselves as INFJ though, but it's pretty easy to figure out which you are, imo. What is your strongest function? Is it Ni? (I think I remember you saying you are always in your head... classic Ni-dom statement) Or are you primarily concerned with helping and showing affection and understanding to others? That doesn't really sound like you though, based on what I'm reading. Another thing: a strong e5 presence somewhere (like if your e6 has a 5 wing) could also give you that sort of stoic, detached vibe.

One thing that I was (am still sometimes am) prone to doing as I was first getting into typology was that I was very focused on my flaws and negatives. Honestly, I didn't even see the warmer side of my nature. I gave myself such little credit that I kept getting test results that just made me feel like a shitty person (not to knock people who ARE the types that I was getting, but it made me feel shitty cuz it didn't accurately depict my strengths, so all I saw was negatives). I tested as a counterphobic e6 with Sp instinctual variant, but I wasn't aware that I was in crisis mode following some major life changes and heartache, so while it was probably an extremely accurate depiction of me at the time, it wasn't me, not at my core at least. I had to shift out of that mental space and reconnect with my heart, and in doing this I discovered that I am actually an e4. I had to get REALLY honest with myself about my fears and negatives though, and that took some time for me (I consider myself a late bloomer in the self-awareness department, and that is actually quite a Fe thing).

Typing is a journey, and a personal one at that, so take your time, take breaks here and there, listen to others but take their opinions with a grain of salt (yes, even mine). Once you know your type, you can focus on strengthening your auxiliary function and tapping into your inferior function in healthy ways. Alternatively, you can look into "loops" and see how you think you act when you aren't doing so well, and maybe see how you have under- or over-indulged in your inferior functions. For INFJs, they get stuck in Ni Ti loops (being stuck in your head and thinking obsessively about whatever is bothering you, and totally skipping the Fe function by not talking to others to get their opinion or getting those feelings out of you somehow). I used to over-indulge in Se (inferior function) by drinking too much alcohol, or even watching too much porn (sorry if TMI), or sometimes just listening to too much loud music for too long... all of these were an attempt to escape. Under-indulging might look like not eating and losing 15% of your body weight in 3 months, which I also did. I did all of these things at the same time because I just couldn't cope. I also had a somewhat limited awareness of what I was putting myself through and I only have clarity from hindsight now (again, this hints to Fe because Fi would be more aware of what is going on inside of you emotionally).

I hope I'm not dumping too much information on you at once. Take your time to sift through and learn and digest at your own pace. And welcome to the forum! Should you choose to stay, I hope you find value and a spark for growth here :)

Yeah, I believe my dominate would be Ni. Good catch on the e2w1 thing too! I'm sure you've seen that I replied about the 2nd round of test results I got. I'm very impressed with everyone's knowledge on typing and teaching me so much not only about typing in general but about myself too. It feels almost liberating to feel like I understand ME better!

I'm definitely going to be a lurker on the boards and absorbing as much as I can from others. I definitely do want to develop in healthier ways and feel like I'm the best version of myself. I was on a "mothering/baby" forum and I couldn't believe the way some of the women were treating others who simply were just looking for answers and support. I sorta believed that the same mentality was going to happen here and everyone who has responded has been so great! I cannot thank everyone enough for helping me understand myself and typing more and I'm very excited to continue learning!