• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What My Personality Type?

TreDawg3

I'm new to the site, but I would be very grateful to gain other perspectives on what my personality type would be. On personality tests I usually score INFP or INFJ; however, one of my friends who's quite knowledgeable about typology says that personality tests have little accuracy. He posits that you must identify the cognitive functions you use in order to pinpoint your personality. Here's some things about me in order to help pinpoint which functions you believe I use.
1) I identify as an introvert. I feel energeized by some conversations especially about history, music, and literature. I also love having political and cultural debates with others, but I definitely wouldn't call myself an extrovert. I am most comfortable with my ideas and being in my own space. My thoughts more than anything energize me and I usually dislike and feel apprehensive about crowds although I enjoy being recognized for my achievements.
2. I believe in the interconnectedness of ideas. Since I was young, I was good at identifying unifying themes and relationships between ideas that had seemingly little to do with each other. I believe that a basic idea can be expressed in myriad ways.
3. For most of my youth, I've been very idealistic about people and was often seen as naive. Sometimes criticized for being a bleeding heart. I've always had a desire to help people and felt a special connection with those who've been ostracized for being themselves. That's something I can relate to very much.
4. One of my strengths and weaknesses is my tendacy to overanalyze most things. Overthinking has often been a hindrance as it stops me from acting, but it also stops me from making rash decisions. I like getting myriad viewpoints when making a decision I feel is significant.
5. I often sacrifice my own wants and desires for others in order to keep the peace. I dislike upsetting others and until recently this strongly bothered me. Even now, I still like to promote positive environments although I do enjoy contention when it comes to debates. I like controversial statements and ideas as it provokes dialogue. I sometimes imagine what people would think of me saying something controversial.
6. I have a strong propensity for written communication. Expression through the writing has been something I've not only excelled at, but enjoyed. I often feel more comfortable writing than talking.
7. One of my weaknesses is that I'm terrible under pressure and dislike when something is thrust upon me when I have no notice. There are exceptions and I can be quite spontaneous, but I'm not good with impromptu. I like having some idea of what's coming, especially in social settings.
8. I struggle with being neat even though I dislike excessive clutter as it can interfere with my thinking.
9. Have a passion for music and unconsciously associate certain songs or parts of songs with various things throughout my life.
9. Have a love for history and have had it since childhood. The lives of men and women from the past has always fascinated me. The people themselves and the ideas they exposures is quite intriguing.
10. I am not athletic (although I'm fair at tennis). I lack coordination, which is often frustrating. Nevertheless, I have a high amount of energy and often like to move around.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Introvert
2. Any intuitive type really
3. INFP / ENFJ / ESFJ / ISFP
4. Any type with Ti really (Fi for emotions)
5. Fe any type
6. Introvert
7. More J than P
8. P type
9. Si type
10. Just lack of Se more so Si/Ni/Ne

Good grief. This isn't coherent.

So you're ISFJ by averaging them out. Yay!

Welcome to Typology Central