• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I Really An ISTP? (Questionaire Included)

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Well, currently, no. I'm mostly healthy, mentally and emotionally. Mostly, being the operative word in this case, because I won't lie. Life has not been very easy for me, so if I have a few functions unhealthy, feel free to point that out to me.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I would have to pick the first one? I like the feel of vastness the picture conveys, reminds me of just how limitless the world is, and the sunset in the background is also really a nice touch to it. Looks like that perfect time of the day where the beach is just about to become windy and the water washes up onto the shore.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I am a very fast learner, I am usually able to learn something after seeing it once from someone else, I am a hard worker, I'm very assertive and tend to jump into immediately solving a task as soon as possible before I move on to the next one. Usually, I become a bit restless if there is nothing to do on the job and find myself constantly searching for different tasks, because of this, I am usually put in jobs where I am given a variety of different positions temporarily. While I don't often fully master the specifics of them, I generally figure out how they work pretty fast and if I don't know I frequently ask questions to make sure I understand completely.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

If I had to say, I wish I was more of a driven motivated person, with a sense of where to go and what to do. I focus too much on short term goals that I take faster action towards. I don't think of my future too much as I feel probably should, and it kind of reflects in my priorities. Most people have a plan or something to fall back on, a focus or a direction to go while I'm mostly concerned about whatever food I want to eat or item I want to buy in particular. I am slowly working my way to be someone whom plans a bit more than usual, and also, I sort of wish I was able to have a more normal pattern of thoughts or interest, ofcourse not too much, as I like my own brand uniqueness despite the problems it can bring me at times. ^^;

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Well, yes. I said it before, but I tend to view myself as a more antisocial person mostly because I rarely come across people I find myself actually interested in talking to, weirdly or not the more interesting people tend to be online, but I am usually polite and affable to people, just a bit stand offish. At least, from my perspective. The people I talked to, my friends, think of me as more of a jokester or a silly person because around them I joke around more. I seem more to extroverted to them, because while I say I do not like talking to people because of it due to conversations not really going anywhere or are things I am interested in, I also don't really feel anxiety talking to people, it's more or less about me trying to maintain interest and stopping myself from being bored.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why?

I personally believe that a lot of people focus too much on accomplishing tasks, and statuses. If that makes people happy, it is fine and I can understand, but I live life to enjoy it. I personally don't really understand the purpose of living a life of accomplishments without having the experiences of enjoyment in life to back it up? I think it is important to experience different things and learn from it. I also believe it is important to be open-minded and much prefer a newer progressive state of mind and cannot stand old traditions or values unless they work well enough. I value everything in moderation, ironic because I don't think this way about food apparently, but I value people with their own outlooks, motivations, and individual outlooks in life. It's easy to stand in line and be the same and want the same things as other people, but I want to know what pushes specific people to do what they do. So, I believe in being yourself and doing what you want.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

It usually varies from what it is. I'm always spontaneously learning new information from people expecting me to be ready for it, and rather than panic I just sort of grumble, say "whatever" and deal with it. Its' not possible to plan for stuff for me.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Usually, when I become stressed out, I become a bit bossy, confrontational, and agitated. I sometimes go on long rants, but as I said before, it usually ends as fast as it begins.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Usually I am having fun with my friends, making jokes, playing games, and talking. I realize it is because I generally enjoy being around my friends, and also just because I like to make people laugh. What this makes me notice is how different I tend to act depending on my surroundings. At work I am super focused and solely about solving tasks and getting things done while being serious or quiet, but in other settings I am usually laid back and cheerful, talkative, and can easily pass for either an extrovert or an introvert really. So basically, I act in a manner depending on my environment.

I like going places, but I enjoy the "journey" so to speak more than I do getting to the destination. I like the feel of the wind, listening to music on my headphones, enjoying the beauty I can find in my environment.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I like a good conversation specifically about something I care about, I like intelligence in others, and open-mindedness, I am usually willing to give a conversation a try, but I am also aware of the fact that there is a good possibility that I won't get much of anything out of the discussion much to my dismay. Usually, I am very picky about the people I hang around with or socialize with.

I don’t mind one-on-one or group interaction if it’s interesting.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I tend to have a very detached, yet interested outlook on society. I often feel as if I am a character in a play interacting with other actors, and I learn more about them through my interaction. I notice there is an odd established behavior that is expected to have and a collective group following the same morals and it just feels disingenuous to me.

I tend to find individuals to be more interesting than people as a whole, because I realize people are a lot more interesting in their natural states. I dislike traditions, norms, culture, and anything that prevents us from moving forward as a group and especially culture, but I can spare that rant entirely. People I tend to observe and attach genuine curiosity to a person and detached observational curiosity towards people in general. Still trying to understand why people can act the same have the same values or believes and not find it weird?

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I don't really think about authority as much. I realized that laws cannot actually stop me from doing things, so really it's more about me guiding myself from my own internal compass. I don't particularly think of cops or authority with any specific dislike or disdain. I know I don't really see them as anything beyond people, and usually I do what I want and am understanding of the consequences.. Usually.

I know I prefer doing things on my own terms.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Again, it mostly depends on my environment. My room, is chaos, stuff is everywhere. Yet when I am everywhere else, I am constantly fixing stuff or keeping things orderly, but I probably defer more to the side of chaos more.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I often have a fear that I am considered aimless? I look so little towards my future that it becomes uncertain to me at times as to what I will do further down the road. It manifests in my by means of me constantly doing different jobs to earn money and hoping I'll find something to devote my time to.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

My desire is a future where I can travel to a variety of places to see various sights, and have a lot of fun. So mainly, happiness and experiences and a life where I could share it with someone.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)
Taking long walks, listening to music, talking to people and hanging out with friends and discussing interests we have a passion for. Practicing martial arts. Specifically, talking to others the most, is what seems to energize me the most.

b) Talking to people with shallow interests, political discussions, doing things I don't want to do for a prolonged amount of time, forced conversation. Basically, moments in life where I don't have much freedom.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I am not sure really. On one forum group I was typed ESFP, but I read the descriptions and they never really felt too fitting. No idea if I did something wrong or if I was misreading anything. Then I took tests and got ENFP, so I thought I was ENFP. I later thought I was ISTP because of my own views of finding myself to be Introverted, but I can appear extroverted too, apparently due to fitting perfectly in the ambivert spectrum. There is not really a personality type that I can think of that appeals to me? In some ways, I could see ESFP, on the account of well.. nevermind.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Not outside of the things I've posted of previously in other threads particularly.Any help would be highly appreciated.

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
:hi:
I am absolutely sure you have a high Se. As for Ni, I don't know how old you are so I don't know if you just haven't developed your Ni yet or you have a very weak Ni (inferior).
As for Ti/Te Fi/Fe I am not so sure. I don't really see Te but a high Ti neither.
To which of these do you relate the most?

Fi vs Fe

• Fe always begins by using other people as a point of reference first.
  • Fe is concerned with group harmony so it is concerned with principles like cooperativeness and unity.
  • Fe is prone to reflexively smoothing out conflicts and trying to be inclusive but, in doing so, it can sometimes inadvertently ignore people’s individual needs for the sake of the greater good.
  • Fe is not in touch with its own state of being due to being focused on others and tends to ignore itself for the sake of group harmony.
  • Fe takes much longer to become aware of inner turmoil than Fi.
  • When frustrated, high Fe tends to locate the source of the problem in other people first and blame outwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from other people being disruptive to group harmony.
  • Fe loyalty comes from a place of duty or reciprocation (”I should do this for the sake of maintaining the relationship bond”)
  • Fe loyalty tends to be somewhat “emotionless” or principle-based
  • When making a sacrifice, Fe tends to “calculate” the result of the sacrifice beforehand (not always consciously however)
  • Fe is more in tune with negative social consequences so it will pause or hesitate unless the circumstances are very ethically straightforward
  • Fe tries to accurately read the other person’s emotional state and then has to make a rational decision about whether or not to act, often employing Ti to do a hasty cost-benefit analysis.

• Fi always uses oneself as the first point of reference.
  • Fi is concerned with inner harmony so it is concerned with internal signals of discord/turmoil as a way to gauge whether everything is okay.
  • Fi is prone to displaying sensitivity to individuals and alleviating internal conflict/turmoil for self and others but, in doing so, it sometimes has to act on behalf of individuals in a way that inadvertently disrupts the greater good.
  • Fi is in touch with its own state of being out of necessity for maintaining inner harmony.
  • Fi is much quicker to become aware of inner turmoil than Fe.
  • When frustrated, high Fi tends to locate the source of the problem in oneself first and blame inwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from one’s own issues/missteps and then show signs of being uncertain or insecure about whether one is doing the right thing.
  • Fi loyalty comes from one’s own conscience (”I should do this because I know in my bones it’s right/moral”).
  • Fi loyalty tends to swell into fullness with inner “gut feeling” as one acts in accordance with one’s own values.
  • Fi tends to sacrifice without thinking much about what will happen next
  • Fi jumps into action much more quickly because conscience compels it to, that is, there is no need to first “check” if it is okay to act. However, unhealthy or immature Fi tends to be extremely self-centered and will place personal needs ahead of others’, whereas mature Fi can instantly place itself directly in another person’s shoes through transferring one’s own personal experience to another and then immediately understand the necessity of acting/sacrificing, often employing Te to form a hasty plan of action.

Everyone experiences inner turmoil occasionally but, the lower Fe or Fi is in the functional stack, the more difficult it will be for the person to handle it well because it threatens the higher Thinking function’s focus on maintaining a sense of competency. Generally speaking, lower Fi senses that the turmoil is there and tries to push it away until it becomes unmanageable, whereas lower Fe doesn’t know the turmoil is there until it grows and manifests in a negative, desperate, extreme, or destructive behavior.

Feeling vs Thinking

• relies on detached impersonal analysis
  • analyzes principles of cause-effect
  • impartiality/fairness > individual needs
  • confident about decisions once analyzed
  • difficulty with exceptions, context
  • uses critical analysis to solve problems
  • implements decisions firmly to get results

OR

• relies on personal, moral, or social values
  • analyzes impact on human welfare
  • human needs > following rules
  • difficulty deciding when interests conflict
  • confident in negotiation, compromise
  • incorporates diverse views for consensus
  • uses soft power to gain agreement

Te vs Ti

• Te wants to know how to integrate successfully into the external world so it focuses on using existing objective standards or principles to guide behavior (”x seems to always get the same result in the world”)
  • Te is concerned with finding the objective standards or principles that can achieve the best results, so it does not necessarily care about the standards or principles in themselves but, rather, prefers to focus mostly on the outcome that they produce
  • Te tends to reason very quickly due to only needing just enough information to secure the result that it is looking for
  • Te is prone to reflexively applying the best principle that it knows but, in doing so, it can sometimes overgeneralize and come to the wrong conclusion because of overlooking important contextual details/factors.
  • Te-Fi types are always in danger of believing that what they think is true will also be true for everyone because the principle is perceived as objective and applicable in all times and places.
  • Te organizes information using objective standards of measurement in the external world
  • Te is satisfied just to know what the most useful cause and effect principle is so that it can get on with achieving the outcome it wants
  • Te makes up for this by having a better grasp of actionable pragmatic standards that yield immediate results, quickly nipping problems in the bud as soon as they arise
  • Te makes up for this by being more sensitive and responsive to negative consequences so that behavior can be readjusted quickly when necessary
  • Te can be better at responding quickly to mistakes
  • Te hits a wall when it cannot let go of an “objective” standard or principle that is no longer applicable because of context or because conditions have changed

OR

• Ti wants to know how to act consistently with one’s own understanding so it focuses on refining personal knowledge of rules through subjective analysis (”x seems true according to my calculations”).
  • Ti is concerned with systematically analyzing rules of cause and effect to construct a holistic theory that can adequately explain how an entire system works and then know exactly which parts of the system to adjust for better results
  • Ti needs to spend more time analyzing the reasons behind cause and effect and piecing the rules together into a coherent structure.
  • Ti invests so much time and energy into analysis, it is prone to deeply internalizing the rules that it concludes are true but, in doing so, it can sometimes fail to remember that the conclusions were derived from subjective analysis and therefore subject to change as perspectives shift in the external world.
  • Ti-Fe types are always in danger of believing in their own subjective truths without considering how another person in a different position might come to a different conclusion that is equally valid from their subjective vantage point.
  • Ti organizes information to be internally consistent within one’s own mind
  • Ti wants to know the mechanisms that underlie cause and effect sometimes even just for the sake of knowing
  • Ti usually tries to avoid or prevent problems because of being able to calculate probabilities better than Te due to having depth of systematic knowledge
  • Ti is more prone to procrastination because of requiring more information and time to test conclusions but the conclusions tend to be more accurate
  • Ti can be better at avoiding mistakes
  • Ti hits a wall when it enacts a rule without thinking enough about how the impact will be perceived from a vantage point that is not one’s own

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:hi:
I am absolutely sure you have a high Se. As for Ni, I don't know how old you are so I don't know if you just haven't developed your Ni yet or you have a very weak Ni (inferior).
As for Ti/Te Fi/Fe I am not so sure. I don't really see Te but a high Ti neither.
To which of these do you relate the most?

Fi vs Fe

• Fe always begins by using other people as a point of reference first.
  • Fe is concerned with group harmony so it is concerned with principles like cooperativeness and unity.
  • Fe is prone to reflexively smoothing out conflicts and trying to be inclusive but, in doing so, it can sometimes inadvertently ignore people’s individual needs for the sake of the greater good.
  • Fe is not in touch with its own state of being due to being focused on others and tends to ignore itself for the sake of group harmony.
  • Fe takes much longer to become aware of inner turmoil than Fi.
  • When frustrated, high Fe tends to locate the source of the problem in other people first and blame outwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from other people being disruptive to group harmony.
  • Fe loyalty comes from a place of duty or reciprocation (”I should do this for the sake of maintaining the relationship bond”)
  • Fe loyalty tends to be somewhat “emotionless” or principle-based
  • When making a sacrifice, Fe tends to “calculate” the result of the sacrifice beforehand (not always consciously however)
  • Fe is more in tune with negative social consequences so it will pause or hesitate unless the circumstances are very ethically straightforward
  • Fe tries to accurately read the other person’s emotional state and then has to make a rational decision about whether or not to act, often employing Ti to do a hasty cost-benefit analysis.

• Fi always uses oneself as the first point of reference.
  • Fi is concerned with inner harmony so it is concerned with internal signals of discord/turmoil as a way to gauge whether everything is okay.
  • Fi is prone to displaying sensitivity to individuals and alleviating internal conflict/turmoil for self and others but, in doing so, it sometimes has to act on behalf of individuals in a way that inadvertently disrupts the greater good.
  • Fi is in touch with its own state of being out of necessity for maintaining inner harmony.
  • Fi is much quicker to become aware of inner turmoil than Fe.
  • When frustrated, high Fi tends to locate the source of the problem in oneself first and blame inwardly because it will instinctively believe that the source of the problem comes from one’s own issues/missteps and then show signs of being uncertain or insecure about whether one is doing the right thing.
  • Fi loyalty comes from one’s own conscience (”I should do this because I know in my bones it’s right/moral”).
  • Fi loyalty tends to swell into fullness with inner “gut feeling” as one acts in accordance with one’s own values.
  • Fi tends to sacrifice without thinking much about what will happen next
  • Fi jumps into action much more quickly because conscience compels it to, that is, there is no need to first “check” if it is okay to act. However, unhealthy or immature Fi tends to be extremely self-centered and will place personal needs ahead of others’, whereas mature Fi can instantly place itself directly in another person’s shoes through transferring one’s own personal experience to another and then immediately understand the necessity of acting/sacrificing, often employing Te to form a hasty plan of action.

Everyone experiences inner turmoil occasionally but, the lower Fe or Fi is in the functional stack, the more difficult it will be for the person to handle it well because it threatens the higher Thinking function’s focus on maintaining a sense of competency. Generally speaking, lower Fi senses that the turmoil is there and tries to push it away until it becomes unmanageable, whereas lower Fe doesn’t know the turmoil is there until it grows and manifests in a negative, desperate, extreme, or destructive behavior.

Feeling vs Thinking

• relies on detached impersonal analysis
  • analyzes principles of cause-effect
  • impartiality/fairness > individual needs
  • confident about decisions once analyzed
  • difficulty with exceptions, context
  • uses critical analysis to solve problems
  • implements decisions firmly to get results

OR

• relies on personal, moral, or social values
  • analyzes impact on human welfare
  • human needs > following rules
  • difficulty deciding when interests conflict
  • confident in negotiation, compromise
  • incorporates diverse views for consensus
  • uses soft power to gain agreement

Te vs Ti

• Te wants to know how to integrate successfully into the external world so it focuses on using existing objective standards or principles to guide behavior (”x seems to always get the same result in the world”)
  • Te is concerned with finding the objective standards or principles that can achieve the best results, so it does not necessarily care about the standards or principles in themselves but, rather, prefers to focus mostly on the outcome that they produce
  • Te tends to reason very quickly due to only needing just enough information to secure the result that it is looking for
  • Te is prone to reflexively applying the best principle that it knows but, in doing so, it can sometimes overgeneralize and come to the wrong conclusion because of overlooking important contextual details/factors.
  • Te-Fi types are always in danger of believing that what they think is true will also be true for everyone because the principle is perceived as objective and applicable in all times and places.
  • Te organizes information using objective standards of measurement in the external world
  • Te is satisfied just to know what the most useful cause and effect principle is so that it can get on with achieving the outcome it wants
  • Te makes up for this by having a better grasp of actionable pragmatic standards that yield immediate results, quickly nipping problems in the bud as soon as they arise
  • Te makes up for this by being more sensitive and responsive to negative consequences so that behavior can be readjusted quickly when necessary
  • Te can be better at responding quickly to mistakes
  • Te hits a wall when it cannot let go of an “objective” standard or principle that is no longer applicable because of context or because conditions have changed

OR

• Ti wants to know how to act consistently with one’s own understanding so it focuses on refining personal knowledge of rules through subjective analysis (”x seems true according to my calculations”).
  • Ti is concerned with systematically analyzing rules of cause and effect to construct a holistic theory that can adequately explain how an entire system works and then know exactly which parts of the system to adjust for better results
  • Ti needs to spend more time analyzing the reasons behind cause and effect and piecing the rules together into a coherent structure.
  • Ti invests so much time and energy into analysis, it is prone to deeply internalizing the rules that it concludes are true but, in doing so, it can sometimes fail to remember that the conclusions were derived from subjective analysis and therefore subject to change as perspectives shift in the external world.
  • Ti-Fe types are always in danger of believing in their own subjective truths without considering how another person in a different position might come to a different conclusion that is equally valid from their subjective vantage point.
  • Ti organizes information to be internally consistent within one’s own mind
  • Ti wants to know the mechanisms that underlie cause and effect sometimes even just for the sake of knowing
  • Ti usually tries to avoid or prevent problems because of being able to calculate probabilities better than Te due to having depth of systematic knowledge
  • Ti is more prone to procrastination because of requiring more information and time to test conclusions but the conclusions tend to be more accurate
  • Ti can be better at avoiding mistakes
  • Ti hits a wall when it enacts a rule without thinking enough about how the impact will be perceived from a vantage point that is not one’s own

I definitely relate more to Ti and Fe. I am aware my Ti is stronger than my Fe. Ni is never sure for me, a lot of my stories talk about Ni a bit, I often say, my best ideas tend to strike me randomly.

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
Okay so if you have a strong Ti and Se and a very low Ni and Fe you are either an ISTP or ESTP. I may be wrong and it may be because I can't see high Ti indicators in your description and a high Se but I do think you are rather an ESTP than an ISTP. What do you think? Is your Ni higher in your function stack or your Fe?

Introversion vs Extraversion:

Introverted functions need more time/energy to inwardly process/plan:

to compare and sort through personally relevant details (Si)
to build awareness of personally meaningful intuitions (Ni)
to analyze data and construct personalized formulaic knowledge (Ti)
to analyze the depth of personal experiences and reactions (Fi)

Extraverted functions feel the urge to act immediately on the world:

to actively pursue and engage in new/stimulating experiences (Se)
to actively pursue progress or actualize a new idea/possibility (Ne)
to actively solve a problem, make a correction, or achieve a goal (Te)
to actively smooth conflict or strengthen bonds among people (Fe)

ISTP/ESTP (Ti-Se v. Se-Ti):

ISTPs feel less of a desire to pursue novel physical stimulation than ESTPs.

ISTPs are more independent and idiosyncratic in what interests/activities they choose to enjoy, and they want to achieve a personal feeling of mastery over a skill. They like new experiences not for the novelty but to achieve a technical understanding.

ESTPs tend to enjoy a wider variety of activities and feel a stronger need to display their mastery of a skill to others; as a result, they tend to be more sociable and are more adept at building good rapport and camaraderie with people. They will seek out new experiences simply to satisfy the enjoyment of adventure.

One of the easiest ways to determine whether you are introverted or extraverted is to examine the negative/darker aspects of the inferior function. What is your behavior when you are feeling extremely stressed? Being in the grip of the inferior function is about completely losing control over yourself and behaving in ways that are very out of character because you are overwhelmed by too many negative emotions or problems.

When extraverts lose control over themselves and life, they will withdraw (introvert) because they no longer know what actions to take and feel overwhelmed by inner confusion.

When introverts lose control over themselves and life, they will act out (extravert) because they no longer have the mental energy to process information or contain their turmoil within. If you can successfully identify your inferior function, E/I confusion will be resolved.

Cognitive Function Theory this is where i gain my information from. Great site.

:)

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay so if you have a strong Ti and Se and a very low Ni and Fe you are either an ISTP or ESTP. I may be wrong and it may be because I can't see high Ti indicators in your description and a high Se but I do think you are rather an ESTP than an ISTP. What do you think? Is your Ni higher in your function stack or your Fe?

Introversion vs Extraversion:

Introverted functions need more time/energy to inwardly process/plan:

to compare and sort through personally relevant details (Si)
to build awareness of personally meaningful intuitions (Ni)
to analyze data and construct personalized formulaic knowledge (Ti)
to analyze the depth of personal experiences and reactions (Fi)

Extraverted functions feel the urge to act immediately on the world:

to actively pursue and engage in new/stimulating experiences (Se)
to actively pursue progress or actualize a new idea/possibility (Ne)
to actively solve a problem, make a correction, or achieve a goal (Te)
to actively smooth conflict or strengthen bonds among people (Fe)

ISTP/ESTP (Ti-Se v. Se-Ti):

ISTPs feel less of a desire to pursue novel physical stimulation than ESTPs.

ISTPs are more independent and idiosyncratic in what interests/activities they choose to enjoy, and they want to achieve a personal feeling of mastery over a skill. They like new experiences not for the novelty but to achieve a technical understanding.

ESTPs tend to enjoy a wider variety of activities and feel a stronger need to display their mastery of a skill to others; as a result, they tend to be more sociable and are more adept at building good rapport and camaraderie with people. They will seek out new experiences simply to satisfy the enjoyment of adventure.

One of the easiest ways to determine whether you are introverted or extraverted is to examine the negative/darker aspects of the inferior function. What is your behavior when you are feeling extremely stressed? Being in the grip of the inferior function is about completely losing control over yourself and behaving in ways that are very out of character because you are overwhelmed by too many negative emotions or problems.

When extraverts lose control over themselves and life, they will withdraw (introvert) because they no longer know what actions to take and feel overwhelmed by inner confusion.

When introverts lose control over themselves and life, they will act out (extravert) because they no longer have the mental energy to process information or contain their turmoil within. If you can successfully identify your inferior function, E/I confusion will be resolved.

Cognitive Function Theory this is where i gain my information from. Great site.

:)

I can admit, I am more of an ambivert, so I share traits from both. However, going by this, I probably lean a bit more to the side of Introvert. ISTP seems more fitting to me. I never feel compelled to seek new experiences and when I do, I want the technical understanding. I will admit, I do sometimes seek out new experiences just for the adventure. However, that's one trait out of the many I share with ISTP.

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
Yes your adventurous side is due to your aux Se. :) So in summary: Yes you are an ISTP. :D

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't know you were on this forum too so, Hello. I replied to your other thread, but it's not much different from what @Nemiki said. I hope it helped.