• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Do You Think?

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hya, I'm just wondering what type you guys think I am before I post saying I'm x type, only to find out later I'm actually y. The first time I ever took the MBTI test I typed INFJ. Subsequent tests say I'm INFP. I relate to both a lot but it's hard to really see myself for what I am, without the filter of how I want to be seen/who I want to be. That, and social anxiety makes it really hard to know if I am an Fi dom or repressed Fe user. I'm torn between wanting to be social and wanting to be a hermit, between biting my tongue and wanting to be express how I feel even in circumstances where I know the other persons feelings will be hurt.

Anyway, so yeah.. Q&A!

I. What do you generally focus on? (Duties aside)
Probably the way people perceive me...

What I want to be when I "grow up" (even though I'm over the drinking age)...

What something I see means.. (lots of things have meaning... trees have meaning............)

...and anything that can be misconstrued as magical, haha.
Like the night sky. It makes me feel calm, and now that I think about it, the night sky is one of the few things that can completely stop the chatter in my mind. That is a miracle by itself! I feel connected to the moon and sky. I'm also obsessed with astrology. I love symbols. Symbols convey so much more than words. The moon represents water and the sky represents air. I, too, am water and air.

I focus a lot on the cause of things. What caused x? What will x cause? Down the rabbit hole I go...

Every day I think about what I want the future to be like, and how it can get there. I daydream about a very specific utopia. I adamantly believe we can get there, if it's meant to be. Everything will work out as it should, even if it's a fiery apocalypse. From the ashes a new Eden will be sown.

II. When looking at a painting, or any type of styled object, what demands your attention the most?
I would have to say color....I love color! Especially bright, vivid, intense, rich, saturated, high chroma colors. The kind of colors that make you think your eyes are going to pop out. It's almost like an adrenaline rush for me. I can literally feel these colors. And because I often like to visualize/think of my own emotions in terms of color (and dance moves, hehe) instead of words, the most attention grabbing colors leave the greatest impression on me.

That's not to say I don't like pastels or earth tones or other, more subdued shades. They have their usefulness, too! I love all colors. Every color is expressive.

III. What quality do you dislike about some people that is something to be desired in yourself?
I wish I was better at small talk..

IV. What quality in you do people find annoying?
Probably my laziness or passive-aggressiveness or silent..ness......

V. Describe your general decision making process.
It usually goes something like this...

Hmmm...I should eat... But what do I want to eat? I don't feel like getting up...But I should really eat...I'm too skinny...I NEED to eat...I can't lose any more weight...I wish there was someone I could pay to bring me food...I can't pay them, though. I'd have to pay them with something besides money. There's nothing here I want to eat...Doesn't matter I need to eat something...anything...I'm skin and bones...(Subconsciously I'm thinking, if I picture a PB&J sandwich long enough, I'll want one bad enough to get up and make one).

And this goes on until I get up without realizing it or some outside force pulls me into the kitchen.

VI. What stresses you most?
Having a lot of errands to take care... Actually, having just one errand can do me in. I hate to even make phone calls. Just thinking about "stuff to do" makes my skin crawl. Plans are frightening to me, but I understand their usefulness.

VII. How do you gauge the value or worth of something?
By its usefulness, how aesthetically pleasing it is, or if it has a nostalgic or sentimental feel to it.

eta:
So after typing all that I'm fairly certain I have Te and maybe even Se and Ni. I have this "it's all starting to make sense" feeling, which happens a lot in my life. This sounds kind of ISFPish which is the craziest revelation ever for me. :|a But not wholly surprising because I love novelty sensations like weird food and getting caught in the rain.. My goodness, I can't express how much I love the feel and smell of rain. My heart just swelled thinking about the droplets falling on my arm.. Sometimes I think I am more awake when it rains.. But I also kind of romanticize those things? Like, I love the idea of rain. The meaning behind it. Rain is cleansing, purifying. Rain is sadness, but I kind of like sadness?

I also can't stand when people play loud music I dislike, which is also Se, from my understanding...

I also love theories and the supernatural and everything you can pluck from the imagination. I often feel like real life is drab in comparison..

I wish there was an actual, physical test I can do to determine this.. Or a series of videos of myself I could watch and assess.

nemiki

Enneagram
6w7
Hello! :bye:

I sense a very high Se. I absolutely see no Si. But maybe thats because there is too little information. Personally I don't think you are an INFP. And I can't see Te. Maybe a very undeveloped one but I don't think so. Te is all about truth and facts. My sister is a high Te user and she is completely uninterested in mystical things because there is no evidence -> so it is unrealistic -> not worth thinking about it.

There is too little information to know if you use Fi or Fe or Ni or Ne.

What makes you think that you're an INFP and use such a high Ne and Fi?
You should not rely on tests. You should rely on the cognitive functions.

Try these tests and tell me the results.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

:)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You strike me as an IXFP. A bit on the Se side, maybe.

Which sounds more like you?

Se: You focus on the here and now, the excitement and options that the present brings.
Ne: You focus on the connections and possibilities that the environment suggests.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi hi, here you go. :3

http://i.imgur.com/tjTRt1n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p1KVFNX.jpg

(Why am I up so late :D;)

I don't know what to make of this because I agree with you on Si. My memory is just bad. XD;
And I've always been pegged as intelligent and smart, to the point where I developed a complex because little did anyone know I did a lot of guessing in school. I'm a little surprised to see my T functions so low but not really.

What makes you think that you're an INFP and use such a high Ne and Fi?
I am doubtful about Ne, but I've always gotten INFx. In life, I just kind of go with the flow most of the time, which kind of amounts to me being lazy.. And I LOVE music and art. ..pretty much the only consistent thing about me as a person is my love for those two things. And nature. I even tried to be vegan.. What if I actually am a dom Ti. :O

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You strike me as an IXFP. A bit on the Se side, maybe.

Which sounds more like you?

Se: You focus on the here and now, the excitement and options that the present brings.
Ne: You focus on the connections and possibilities that the environment suggests.

When I am at my happiest, I am focused on the here and now, because I'm not thinking at all, I'm just absorbing the comfort of my surroundings, or feeling at one with myself.. yes, my self. :) but only certain things do this for me, like the moon, and rain, and hot baths, and music, and color. I pay attention to what I like. Maybe that's why I feel like an Fi dom?

But I do worry about the future a lot, and I don't know if it's a preference or just something I'm used to doing.

Maybe not, cause sometimes I do want to live in my bath tub.
But then again, everything I love is suggestive to me.
[MENTION=31192]nemiki[/MENTION]
I did reply to your post, but a mod has to approve it? Anyway here's this. :3

http://i.imgur.com/p1KVFNX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tjTRt1n.jpg

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see a lot of Ni (tying meaning to everything) and Se (wanting to experience things in the moment). However, none of your answers really gave any indication of your judging functions.

I don't know how old you are, but it sounds to me like your lack of desire to plan things or take care of yourself might be simply related to your anxiety and where you're at in life. (As someone in my early 20's, I know it's pretty common to have no motivation to feed yourself and to hate planning. I also have social anxiety and that seems to feed into those behaviors.) Meaning, those behaviors might not have anything to do with your MBTI type.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do I indicate what my judging functions are? :|a I answered a few more questions I think will help.
I am 25, btw..

1-what makes you angry?
Being accused of something I didn't do; being misunderstood, misjudged. I can take criticism when it is playful or constructive, but if the criticiser can't see that I'm trying I get upset. I guess you could say I get angry when I feel personally attacked.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I love how open and warm and accepting and loving and happy and free some people are.
I dislike traditionalism... :mad: Actually, it's okay if said traditional views are not being pushed on me. I believe people should have the freedom to do what they want. I mean of course I don't want people to fight, and less violent avenues should be pursued first, but sometimes that's just how people work things out.

3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals because they are soft and cute!
And you don't even have to have an intelligent conversation with them.
You can pet them or ignore them.
Pets are just there for you.

1. What is your MBTI type, Enneagram, Socionics, Temperament, etc.? How did you arrive at them--tests, introspection, "trying it on".. ? How confident are you that they fit--how well do they describe you, and what about them doesn't fit? What other types have you "tried on" or thought you were?
Not sure about MBTI, but I'm pretty confident I am a 4w5. The first thing I do is take a test, then I "try on" each function of the result by researching them. If it feels like it fits it fits.

I'm actually testing out a function right now: Te. Trying to order my thoughts externally and reading it back to myself helps me objectify my thoughts and it feels natural to me. It's not something I can or even want to do for long stretches of time, though, so I don't think it's high in my stack. It's definitely something I have to put effort into.

This is my first time trying ISFP and it feels almost perfect.

What throws me off is that I feel I also have high Ni.

But I think social anxiety can have a sufficient enough impact on Se to make me a Fi-Ni looping hermit, lol.

2. Why are you here? Why do you study typology? (Maybe some inspiration from here...)
I want to understand my type.. I tried to type my boyfriend and was hoping that would understand myself better but I can't type him, so I'm here, hoping for insight and to find my tribe.

3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog?
It's hard to put into words, but basically the meeting between the natural beauty of earth and the works of art people create to emulate it. (I wanted to be a landscape architect, but I hate math.) In dialog I love when people are passionate about whatever it is their talking about. If I can relate emotionally I'm happy. Pure, cold, detached logic is boring and leaves me wondering "how does this relate to me?"

4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
I'm often reserved, only speaking up when I feel I have something of value to add. I've even been called stoic before. I try to present as a nice, approachable, calm person but I don't know if I come off that way. I think most people see me as kind of mean and standoff-ish which makes me sad.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do I indicate what my judging functions are? :|a I answered a few more questions I think will help.
I am 25, btw..

1-what makes you angry?
Being accused of something I didn't do; being misunderstood, misjudged. I can take criticism when it is playful or constructive, but if the criticiser can't see that I'm trying I get upset. I guess you could say I get angry when I feel personally attacked.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I love how open and warm and accepting and loving and happy and free some people are.
I dislike traditionalism... :mad: Actually, it's okay if said traditional views are not being pushed on me. I believe people should have the freedom to do what they want. I mean of course I don't want people to fight, and less violent avenues should be pursued first, but sometimes that's just how people work things out.

3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals because they are soft and cute!
And you don't even have to have an intelligent conversation with them.
You can pet them or ignore them.
Pets are just there for you.

1. What is your MBTI type, Enneagram, Socionics, Temperament, etc.? How did you arrive at them--tests, introspection, "trying it on".. ? How confident are you that they fit--how well do they describe you, and what about them doesn't fit? What other types have you "tried on" or thought you were?
Not sure about MBTI, but I'm pretty confident I am a 4w5. The first thing I do is take a test, then I "try on" each function of the result by researching them. If it feels like it fits it fits.

I'm actually testing out a function right now: Te. Trying to order my thoughts externally and reading it back to myself helps me objectify my thoughts and it feels natural to me. It's not something I can or even want to do for long stretches of time, though, so I don't think it's high in my stack. It's definitely something I have to put effort into.

This is my first time trying ISFP and it feels almost perfect.

What throws me off is that I feel I also have high Ni.

But I think social anxiety can have a sufficient enough impact on Se to make me a Fi-Ni looping hermit, lol.

2. Why are you here? Why do you study typology? (Maybe some inspiration from here...)
I want to understand my type.. I tried to type my boyfriend and was hoping that would understand myself better but I can't type him, so I'm here, hoping for insight and to find my tribe.

3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog?
It's hard to put into words, but basically the meeting between the natural beauty of earth and the works of art people create to emulate it. (I wanted to be a landscape architect, but I hate math.) In dialog I love when people are passionate about whatever it is their talking about. If I can relate emotionally I'm happy. Pure, cold, detached logic is boring and leaves me wondering "how does this relate to me?"

4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
I'm often reserved, only speaking up when I feel I have something of value to add. I've even been called stoic before. I try to present as a nice, approachable, calm person but I don't know if I come off that way. I think most people see me as kind of mean and standoff-ish which makes me sad.

I'm leaning ISFP for you. When I took another look at the op, I saw so much Ni that I even thought INFJ, but I didn't see any Fe or Te. Si was visible as well as you focused on the impression of things as well but I think Se comes up ahead. The Fi is quite apparent. I can definitely relate to the Social Anxiety, the fear represses your natural Se inclinations. Again I can see Fi and Se (your valuing of the world's beauty and the inner passion of people). You drive to be an architect sounds Fi+Se as well and the reasons for avoiding it sounds lower T.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Mayflower. There's definitely Fi, Se, and Ni. I almost thought you were an INFJ in your first questionnaire as well because there was so much Ni, but you don't seem to use Fe or Ti at all. I think your analysis that you often loop Fi-Ni is probably accurate, which is why your Ni can seem so apparent. I'd nestle into ISFP for now and question it again later if it feels off :)

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom tested as INFJ. I don't know how accurate that is but if it is her true preference that could explain why my Ni is so high.
She has this kind of control over me..:unsure: I try too hard to be the way she wants me to be, out of love and respect.
But it just lead me to be a zombie. Literally. (I'm not even joking.)

Well at least I developed a nifty function from it, lmao. XD
Thanks for the input everyone. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"...and anything that can be misconstrued as magical, haha.
Like the night sky. It makes me feel calm, and now that I think about it, the night sky is one of the few things that can completely stop the chatter in my mind. That is a miracle by itself! I feel connected to the moon and sky. I'm also obsessed with astrology. I love symbols. Symbols convey so much more than words. The moon represents water and the sky represents air. I, too, am water and air.

I focus a lot on the cause of things. What caused x? What will x cause? Down the rabbit hole I go..."

You don't need to take tests. Your type is INFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"...and anything that can be misconstrued as magical, haha.

I focus a lot on the cause of things. What caused x? What will x cause? Down the rabbit hole I go..."

You don't need to take tests. Your type is INFJ.

Ok ok you all have made me change my mind. You're the ISFP with a strong Ni tertiary.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think a problem with the J/P nomenclature is it judges an introvert based on their auxiliary function. I see no reason why you should need to have Fe or Te as a strong function just because Ni would happen to be the dominant. The J/P should really be based on the dominant function, as this is the function which defines the type.

So, I wouldn't be ruling out Ni as the dominant function, you would just in that case be an INFJ (i.e. Ni dominant Feeler) with low Fe/Te.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a problem with the J/P nomenclature is it judges an introverted based on their auxiliary function. I see no reason why you should need to have Fe or Te as a strong function just because Ni would happen to be the dominant. The J/P should really be based on the dominant function, as this is the function which defines the type.

So, I wouldn't be ruling out Ni as the dominant function, you would just in that case be an INFJ (i.e. Ni dominant Feeler) with low Fe/Te.

I'll say INFJ then.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been discussing this with a member of the forum and I'm fairly certain I'm ISFP with INFJ tendencies because everyone in my family were extraverted feelers; not to mention my mom, the only parent who raised me, was INFJ. But Fe in any capacity is just paralyzing to me, because I cannot, will not, ever sacrifice my integrity to fit in with any group. Heck, I could have been goth or punk or emo but noo, I don't like being forced to listen to one type of music or the thought of having to act or even dress a certain way to be accepted. Honestly I just like the aesthetics of subcultures (hello Se). Fe, I can do Fe, but it feels like I'm wearing a straitjacket. I really, honestly, rather die than pretend I'm something I'm not.

And as for thinking... Let's just say I pretty much made it through school on Ni and Fi (me taking tests literally consisted of me both having a feeling in my upper chest and seeing answers in my minds eye). There's no wonder my Ni is high. It was either that or Te and I almost failed math soo..

Also I suppressed my thinking quite a bit growing up because people would call me smart or say I thought logically which was annoying because on the inside I knew that wasn't true and I didn't see myself that way at all. I mean yeah I can figure out lots of things once you throw all the pieces in front of me as if it were a puzzle but I am usually improvising my ass of lol and it just works in my favor.