• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure Of My Type

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI is so confusing for me, so often. Here's a questionnaire I copied from another thread, and I answered it myself. Hopefully this helps whoever wants to help type me.
I'm sure that I'm not an ENFP or an ISFJ. Other than that, I don't know.

1. If you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
Dragon, they are cool and powerful. They could protect you from anything. You would always feel safe with one of them around.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
More sure of who I am and what I am. Currently I have no idea.

3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
Watermelon, there is so much juice inside of me.

4. What is your favorite beverage?
It's really hard to choose just one.
Root Beer, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Lemon-Lime Gatorade, or Lemonade

5. You're having a cookout... what do you make?
Hamburgers or hot dogs, whichever is more popular.
I would ask everybody which they would prefer before I just go to the grill.

6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
I'm sure it was fascinating but I forget.

7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best?
Something that inspires hope because reality is so depressing.

8. You're on death row... what's your last meal?
Well... I've always wanted to try authentic Cajun jambalaya or gumbo made by somebody that has lived in Louisiana all their life.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I have no idea. I feel like such a screw-up. I don't know who I am or what I am.
I'm always judging myself so harshly. Nobody has any idea the kind of agony I live in on a regular basis. I'm always trying to be a good friend but I never know who I can trust to be open and vulnerable with. I don't have many friends, and especially not many good friends, and this is why, I'm sure of it.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Where I feel like I know who I am and what I am, and I'm actually able to do something productive all by myself without any help.

Is there something that you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Writing, the words are so hard to find. I end up writing a lot less than I feel or think. It's terrible and I want help to figure out how to write more.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
More love and support from my family. Less judgment from everybody I ever knew.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
Once in elementary school, I forgot to wipe my butt after defecating in the boys' room stall. I didn't realize until I was in the middle of the hall-way and I screamed "I forgot to wipe!" it was so embarrassing and everybody laughed at me.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
No, because it never really works anyway. Things always go a lot better in my mind than they do in reality. I guess fantasy is better for me than reality. Ugh, reality sucks.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?Knowing myself

What do you value most in a friendship?
I can't just list one thing, I want two every time: loyalty and being able to cheer me up

What is your most treasured memory?
I feel like I don't have many good memories. Most of my memories are so depressing.
This causes me to feel a lot of shame almost all the time. It hurts so bad.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Giving love to others is easy. Getting love from others, I feel like it almost never happens. When people say they love me or try to show it, I'm always so skeptical. I'm not sure if they really love me, or they're just trying to manipulate me. I've been wounded from so many relationships in my life, so I have a lot of trust issues. All of this is the same with affection.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My flash drives of everything I've ever written or started to write. I want to be remembered for what I write more than anything else. What I write, that's me. It's not easy for me to express who I really am, but I feel like it shows up best in writing.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
As long as they love me, they don't talk too much, they are capable of depth, and they can make me feel better no matter what happens... I don't really care about anything else.
Well, I hope they're not actually some kind of crazy killer or anything.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
Be done with college, pay off all my student debt, get a car, a driver's licence, driver's insurance, start a successful career in writing, and become financially independent.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Find some way to escape reality and use that same method to help me focus to write full novels instead of just short manuscripts.

Who is your favorite author?
I've never read much from the same writer, but Jules Verne is the only exception.

What is your favorite book?
Boy A by Jonathan Trigell
I feel like I could actually relate and identify with the main character, which is really difficult. I mean, it's easy for me to relate to people, especially in fiction, much more than in real life. But I felt like the main character, he was feeling everything I have ever felt. Different lives but the same feelings.

What has been your biggest challenge?
Being myself, getting along with people, dealing with my emotions, and trusting people.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Pleistocene Epoch, so I could see the woolly mammoth in person.

What does your life say about you?
That I'm weird and alone.

How would your friends describe you?
Sensitive, moral, and really nice. It's hard to believe this, though.
I feel like I tend to be such a cold, empty, and really mean d*ick.

I'm pretty sure that I'm an introvert and a perceiver, but I could be wrong.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I was going to reply on your previous thread, but you said you settled on istp. I really don't like this questionnaire as It doesn't really get to the heart of the matter (prefer the PerC), but I see some F. Infp possibly? Are you more prone to organize things based on efficiency and result (Te) but make sure the method is compliant to your inner values and wants (Fi)? Or are you more drawn to maintain group cohesion and value (Fe), all the while checking if it is logically sound (Ti)?

As for S/N , are you prone to observe the present through past experience (Si) and derive patterns from that (Ne)? Or do you usually attempt to see what's ahead (Ni) based on current circumstance (Se)?

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The OP is clearly on the Fe-Ti axis. Leaning Ne-Si, as well.

Could very easily see this as being some sort of xNTP.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I was going to reply on your previous thread, but you said you settled on istp. I really don't like this questionnaire as It doesn't really get to the heart of the matter (prefer the PerC), but I see some F. Infp possibly? Are you more prone to organize things based on efficiency and result (Te) but make sure the method is compliant to your inner values and wants (Fi)? Or are you more drawn to maintain group cohesion and value (Fe), all the while checking if it is logically sound (Ti)?

As for S/N , are you prone to observe the present through past experience (Si) and derive patterns from that (Ne)? Or do you usually attempt to see what's ahead (Ni) based on current circumstance (Se)?

Hello, and thank you for helping :)

I tend to look more to the past than the future. I don't really live in the moment. I'm not really skilled with my body or anything physical. I tend to feel that who I am is completely separate from my physical body. I don't really know how to really connect both of them and find a good balance. Thus, my confusion.
I'm not really sure how much I relate to Te, Ti, Fe, or Fi based on your descriptions, though. I focus a lot on my own feelings, and when I voice them others tend to perceive them either as morals or rules. To me, though, they're just thoughts or ideas. I'm not bound to them.
Going back to the perception functions, I'm usually better at Si/Ne. I usually only see the near future, not the distant future.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The OP is clearly on the Fe-Ti axis. Leaning Ne-Si, as well.

Could very easily see this as being some sort of xNTP.

Interesting, do you see more Ne than Si, or was there no planned order when you typed that?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello, and thank you for helping :)

I tend to look more to the past than the future. I don't really live in the moment. I'm not really skilled with my body or anything physical. I tend to feel that who I am is completely separate from my physical body. I don't really know how to really connect both of them and find a good balance. Thus, my confusion.
I'm not really sure how much I relate to Te, Ti, Fe, or Fi based on your descriptions, though. I focus a lot on my own feelings, and when I voice them others tend to perceive them either as morals or rules. To me, though, they're just thoughts or ideas. I'm not bound to them.
Going back to the perception functions, I'm usually better at Si/Ne. I usually only see the near future, not the distant future.

Hmm. You sound Fi. Remember, Feeling is not emotion, but assigning value to something. Everyone likes something, but F functions rationalize it. Fi says something is good or pretty because oneself reasons it to be so. Fe gives more weight to outer opinions (not necessarily society). Good and pretty to Fe, is reasoned by outer standards like popularity, ratings, magazines, etc. I said Fi because I didn't really see any outer referencing. The jury is still out on your S/N.:dry: There's a good test on the homepage that can help center your type. Keirsey/Jung Personality Test

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm. You sound Fi. Remember, Feeling is not emotion, but assigning value to something. Everyone likes something, but F functions rationalize it. Fi says something is good or pretty because oneself reasons it to be so. Fe gives more weight to outer opinions (not necessarily society). Good and pretty to Fe, is reasoned by outer standards like popularity, ratings, magazines, etc. I said Fi because I didn't really see any outer referencing. The jury is still out on your S/N.:dry: There's a good test on the homepage that can help center your type. Keirsey/Jung Personality Test

Fi > Ne > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Se > Ti

It said INFP :O

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fi > Ne > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Se > Ti

It said INFP :O

No test is perfect, but this has a better than most track record. The function order is almost textbook infp, but who knows? Well... you do.:)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No test is perfect, but this has a better than most track record. The function order is almost textbook infp, but who knows? Well... you do.:)

LOL yeah I guess you're right and that I do :D