• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need help figuring my type

Golden Heart

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I'm unsure about being extrovert/introvert and also am having trouble figuring out Se/Ne and Si/Ni.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I yearn to discover my path in life and the freedom to pursue it. I'm a high believer in fate and destiny. I'm rather spiritual. I just want to figure out myself and help others with theirs. It's like the bloody Holy Grail, though.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. I was surrounded by great friends and indulging in things that I love. I'm drawn to things like books (fantasy in particular) and comics. Anything that let's me indulge my imagination is when i'm happiest and most myself. I love hanging around people who are kindred spirits in that way.
4) What makes you feel inferior? Not having a say in my life. Lack of control over my life. When I'm belittled. I'm severely critical of myself and belittlement and even blunt criticism at times can make me quite inferior. It's like conformation of all my worst fears about myself.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) Mostly how I feel about it and then how it would affect the people around me.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I would like to have control of the outcome. If it's a group project I seek harmony for the group, if not I use it as a way to express myself.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? That would be role playing (LARPing). I love embracing my imagination. I love bonding with people through it too. My memory is wonky. I remember emotions more than events.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? I glance at rules/instructions and then I figure it out myself. I'm not a details person, give me the gist and I'll take it from there. I fix so much stuff around my home and people ask me how I do it and I'm just, like, I winged it. I go with what looks logical and feels right.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as? I was thinking about this today and thought disorganized chaos was the best way to describe my system. I do prefer to be organized but I'm not high strung over some disorganization. As long as it doesn't go to complete chaos, then it's time for some cleaning. I'm someone who cleans when they're stressed and feeling a lack of control so things don't stay disheveled for too long.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? Probably info that supports it. I'm pretty open-minded, though, and I go with my gut on how this would help me in the grand scheme of things.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? I try to do both but will probably end up yielding for group harmony. I just don't want to put up with any drama llamas.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I try to think before I speak but if I'm passionate about something then I get very foot in mouth. The voice in my head will be saying 'shut up' but my mouth won't take the hint. I prefer one-on-one. I'm more open and enthusiastic. Very extroverted when not in a group.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I prefer to know before leaping. Both actions and words can be used to manipulate since I don't know the true motives and people don't know mine. I'll say actions just a wee bit more than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? If it's my favorite show then they knew better not to bug me. If you meet me you know in mere seconds I master in fangirling. I'm more of a homebody anyway. I get sensory overload easily. I'm not a night on the town person. I would rather watch a movie about nightclubs than go to one.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out? Retail therapy and cleaning. Cleaning is cheaper but I'm known for blowing money on crap I could have waited for but I needed that shopping fix.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? I love sarcasm, it's my way of dealing with the world, but I really can't stand sarcastic a-holes. People with anger issues. I will shut down and go ice queen on you and you don't want that. If I go into my cold seething rage then you need to be afraid because I know the right words to emotionally cripple you. I get good readings on people rather quickly, I don't need to know you long to figure you out.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? Destiny and pop culture. I'm kind of known for bouncing from subject to subject. I can be talking about Jane Austen one minute and then talking philosophy the next minute.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? My surroundings. My body is pretty much a wall magnet. I've hit my head repeatedly just getting out of bed. If there's a crack in the cement my foot will get caught. I'm that person that gravity just hates or loves too much. It's a daily thing, man, a daily thing since I could walk.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ? They perceive me as optimistic and strong. I think they get my friendly nature mixed up with optimism. I'm more a hopeful realist. They think I'm rather funny and I am. They would never say I'm dull or ordinary, that's for sure. Mundane living is not for me. I want more, to know more, and to be more.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? Shop, read more books, brainstorm writing ideas, work on improving my writing skills. Talk to friends online and watch Netflix. Then before bed I'd work on my blog.

Golden Heart

Kind of shocked I got infp on the Keys 2 Cognition but here are the results:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.9)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38)
excellent use

I relate more to the The Four Temperaments results
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Stabilizer; then Theorist; and lastly, Improviser.
People of the Catalystâ„¢ Temperament . . .
Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. Tend to be idealistic and visionary, wanting to make the world a better place. Look to the future. Trust their intuition, imagination, and impressions. Focus on developing potential, fostering and facilitating growth through coaching, teaching, counseling, and communicating. Generally are enthusiastic. Think in terms of integration and similarities and look for universals. Often are gifted in the use of metaphors to bridge different perspectives. Usually are diplomatic. Frequently are drawn to work that inspires and develops people and relationships.

This fits me perfectly.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You believe in destiny and faith and consider yourself highly spiritual. Not very detail oriented, but you like to have control over your life and projects you work on. - Introverted Perception mixed with extroverted judging function.

You desrcibe yourself as someone who values group harmony, positive emotions, role playing etc... Fe>Fi. Intense feelings, loves or hates too much, also Fe>Fi. Fi is more calm and stable than that. You like bonding with others and your emotions go clearly towards others not withdrawing from them, so definitely Fe>Fi.

You dislike it when you feel overwhelmed by sensory stimulation and tend to space out from your surrundings. That means weak Se, but not necessary weak Si. Though the way you anwered the questions it's clear you percieve yourself as N>S,

INFJ, ISFJ as my second guess.

Golden Heart

I knew I wasn't high Se. I knew that much. I can bits of Si and I don't understand Ni enough yet to notice it. But I knew between my ability to find a way to get hurt or nearly hurt and spacing out that Se was not a dominant function. I though maybe ISFJ with developed Ne. I know I'm someone who's not in the present. People constantly have to snap their fingers at me to get me out of spacing out and it's kind of known in the family to watch what you say to me since it activate my imagination. It's like a knee jerk reaction that I've yet to control. I was helping my father with his dogs and he called them 'bouncing mermaids' and I started picturing it vividly and started laughing. My dad said he regretted his words instantly because of my 'overactive imagination'. I knew I wasn't Te with how I handle instructions. I don't see Te as something that accurately wings things. I could be wrong.

I know the Si I have is not healthy. Forming patterns of negative experience and somewhat reluctant to try new things, though this is more about new foods, eating out, I'm more open on things that I feel can be of use to me today and in the future. I'm concerned about not actively pursuing long term goals that Ni seems to. I'm known for my tunnel vision once I set my sights on a goal or something, but I don't know enough about Ni to know if that's why.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What you're describing above seems like lower S, which is indicative of ENxP or INxJ, INxJ for your case. Definitely INFJ.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your "Four Temperaments" results sound like an ENFj to me.

:shrug:

Golden Heart

What you're describing above seems like lower S, which is indicative of ENxP or INxJ, INxJ for your case. Definitely INFJ.

I asked my dad as confirmation and he said that I definitely suffer from sensory overload. From sounds to lights. He agreed that I don't pay enough to my surroundings and was a big time klutz :D. He did say I was rather sentimental. I just wonder about the Ni since I never seem to finish anything and constantly leap to something new. Can Ni do that if they're in a loop or something?

Golden Heart

Your "Four Temperaments" results sound like an ENFj to me.

:shrug:

I've never saw myself as an extrovert but for the past few years I've gotten really talkative around people. I just ramble and ramble. After 45 minutes I'm tired of being around people and want to be left alone.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28256]Golden Heart[/MENTION] - You seem like an IEI to me, not EII. Not all IEI and LSE conflict, especially in a professional setting.

Golden Heart

[MENTION=28256]Golden Heart[/MENTION] - You seem like an IEI to me, not EII. Not all IEI and LSE conflict, especially in a professional setting.

Socionics confuses me but I did the test and was amused with the results. I had to look up what IEI was, that's how little I know of the subject. I definitely agree more with IEI than EII, especially these snippets:

They are often highly reflective and imaginative, and the fantastic tendencies of IEIs are often vivid and complex. Many IEIs find an inner calling to express their unique perspectives, and often find ways to make use of a myriad of expressive forms, sometimes including poetry, novels, storytelling, photography, or other media.

Often IEIs exhibit a dreamy and gentle demeanor. They can come across as fickle, indecisive and vapid, and their fantasies can be often esoteric; they often may seem idealistic and focused on unrealistic or other-worldly utopias. They also can demonstrate a lack of attentiveness to daily affairs, and sometimes a generally withdrawn, inactive deportment. At the same time, they sometimes can be prophetic, prescient, and profound in their visions, and sometimes reflect a far more rebellious, aggressive, or outspoken demeanor.

What would that mean for my MBTI type? Does it mean I'm infp or something else?

If you're into enneagram do you think I show more 6w7, 4w3, or 3w2? I've gotten those results and some even tie.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionics confuses me but I did the test and was amused with the results. I had to look up what IEI was, that's how little I know of the subject. I definitely agree more with IEI than EII, especially these snippets:

They are often highly reflective and imaginative, and the fantastic tendencies of IEIs are often vivid and complex. Many IEIs find an inner calling to express their unique perspectives, and often find ways to make use of a myriad of expressive forms, sometimes including poetry, novels, storytelling, photography, or other media.

Often IEIs exhibit a dreamy and gentle demeanor. They can come across as fickle, indecisive and vapid, and their fantasies can be often esoteric; they often may seem idealistic and focused on unrealistic or other-worldly utopias. They also can demonstrate a lack of attentiveness to daily affairs, and sometimes a generally withdrawn, inactive deportment. At the same time, they sometimes can be prophetic, prescient, and profound in their visions, and sometimes reflect a far more rebellious, aggressive, or outspoken demeanor.

What would that mean for my MBTI type? Does it mean I'm infp or something else?

If you're into enneagram do you think I show more 6w7, 4w3, or 3w2? I've gotten those results and some even tie.

I am currently typing people in a thread I made a few days ago. You can ignore the police stuff, as that's unrelated to me typing people: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/socionics/84404-accurate-socionics-test.html

Please follow the instructions in the first post and I would be happy to tell you everything you want to know. :)

IEI usually translates to INFJ, Golden Heart.

Yes, I'd say 6w7 very much fits you; even I was surprised at how loyal of a person you are!

Golden Heart

I am currently typing people in a thread I made a few days ago. You can ignore the police stuff, as that's unrelated to me typing people: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/socionics/84404-accurate-socionics-test.html

Please follow the instructions in the first post and I would be happy to tell you everything you want to know. :)

IEI usually translates to INFJ, Golden Heart.

Yes, I'd say 6w7 very much fits you; even I was surprised at how loyal of a person you are!

Thank you! My father feels I'm too loyal. I see it but I don't leave people easily, even when I should.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you! My father feels I'm too loyal. I see it but I don't leave people easily, even when I should.

Well, if you already have a child with someone and are still in love, then knowing you're not in the best relationship is by no means grounds to break up a perfectly functional couple. Because I am also in the same situation as you are.

Unless of course the decide to split up was mutual and not under any duress.