• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me why I'm an SFJ

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^

I was also talking about my Sun sign. The Sun sign changes every few hours which means even if you were born in the same day if you were born with a few hours apart you would have a different sun sign. A person who is born 6 hours before or after me could have a completely different sun sign. I thought you knew that :D. Accordingly my sun sign is Aries.

Emotionally gentle i definitely not. But as i've grown older and my Fe becomes stronger i am learning to become more gentle towards others' feelings. :D

I wouldnt call lacking emotional gentleness a lack of tact. To say it in the shorteat possible way, i consider tact to have the ability to use your cards at the right time until which holding on to them ;).

The sun sign does not change every few hours. The sun stays for a good month in each of the twelve signs. You're probably thinking about the lagna or ascendant.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ lagna it is. I thought that's what the sun sign is. My lagna is aries. May i know what yours is? Not sagitarius i assume?

I am so sorry for derailing your thread

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everything listed in the OP sound like normal human characteristics.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ lagna it is. I thought that's what the sun sign is. My lagna is aries. May i know what yours is? Not sagitarius i assume?

I am so sorry for derailing your thread

Derails are welcome. My lagna is Aquarius.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, regarding the first thing ... I will fight anyone to the death on this. But having an interest in history is NOT a product of Si. Any type can be interested in history; they just come to it with very different perspectives.

For some anecdotal evidence, take my grad school cohort. By my dubious typing skills, I'd reckon that 6 out of 28 people are SJs. That's less than a quarter.
Yes and so not primarily Si , but your had asked about SFJness, and I've seen ISFJs and history together far too many times, whether as part of an adopted profession or as part of their nature. So Si in tertiary won't go that far..not sustainably. also what you've said below

That said, maybe my own interest in history is an SFJ thing so I'll talk about it a little. I don't like history because I feel any sense of connection to the past. Especially with the remote past (which is what I study) it's actually a real struggle to develop empathy for one's historical actors. That's one of the challenges I like best though—fleshing out approximations of real living human beings with human desires and human concerns from scant—and unprepossessing—evidence (one of my favorite books is From Memory to Written Record by MT Clanchy, which tracks the rise in literacy and cultures of writing from the twelfth century onward not using attractive narrative sources like histories, philosophical tracts, etc. but the dull business of state bureaucracy—court writs, deeds of sale, receipts, other financial documents, etc. It is extraordinary how one can turn something apparently boring to something so colorful and fascinating.)

Anyway, I think of myself as part detective, part storyteller, part psychologist—or if not psychologist, at least someone who's interested in human behavior and motivations, but from a relatively detached standpoint. I like the challenge of filling in the gaps—big gaps—convincingly. It's fun. But I don't pretend to have historical lessons for our own times. All I bring with me are cautions about how not to use history to support contemporary prejudices.
here i'll venture out and say that the manner in which INTJs have an interest in history, might be seen as something an NFP might aspire towards, and therefore it might make them seem like they're SFJ. And this is what might stand a greater chance of being the case if you're pushing the possibility of SFJness.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hmm. Well, what I can tell you is that I don't see you taking the kind of risks an INFP might dare to in the right circumstance (or at least feel drawn to). Nor do I see you drawn to examining the kinds of things that pique Fi dom. I don't feel an Ne dom or aux energy from you much either; playfulness does not count. Anyone can be playful.

As far as saying you're not an Fi user, would have to think on that though. fwiw, I've never thought your self-typing as INFP was accurate, but what do I know?

You are def e4 though; no question on that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always thought you were IFP.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Well, what I can tell you is that I don't see you taking the kind of risks an INFP might dare to in the right circumstance (or at least feel drawn to). Nor do I see you drawn to examining the kinds of things that pique Fi dom. I don't feel an Ne dom or aux energy from you much either; playfulness does not count. Anyone can be playful.

As far as saying you're not an Fi user, would have to think on that though. fwiw, I've never thought your self-typing as INFP was accurate, but what do I know?

You are def e4 though; no question on that.

Could you elaborate on this, please?

(Also, FWIW, I can see why you wouldn't think I was INFP. You and I are really not very similar.)

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
tumblr_inline_nv03r5p5en1r79k32_500.gif

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
(Also, FWIW, I can see why you wouldn't think I was INFP. You and I are really not very similar.)

It's not about being similar, it's about recognizing a pattern of thinking. Which INFP on the site do you feel most resonance to?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not about being similar, it's about recognizing a pattern of thinking. Which INFP on the site do you feel most resonance to?
[MENTION=7160]Nijntje[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]. Different aspects of both.

The other people I resonate with most are either ISFPs or ENFPs.

Predictably, they're either 4s or 4-fixed.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot Ginkgo. RIP Ginkgo. :(

And [MENTION=6214]The Outsider[/MENTION] though I'm not sure if that's because I'm like him or want to be him. :ninja:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=7160]Nijntje[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]. Different aspects of both.

I forgot Ginkgo. RIP Ginkgo. :(

And [MENTION=6214]The Outsider[/MENTION] though I'm not sure if that's because I'm like him or want to be him. :ninja:

*nods* yes, I hear you. Interesting that I gave you a poke and you didn't rise in irritation to it either. How did you feel when I wrote what I did above? What (if anything) did you discern from that feeling?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*nods* yes, I hear you. Interesting that I gave you a poke and you didn't rise in irritation to it either. How did you feel when I wrote what I did above? What (if anything) did you discern from that feeling?

The first thing I felt was that you had misrepresented my meaning when you said this:

When I said "similar" in the first place, I meant patterns of thinking and resonance. But you had no way to know that from the way I phrased it initially so it would have been unfair to react based on the irritation of being misunderstood. Also a.) I'm not interested in getting caught up in interminable semantic battles which are often boring and counterproductive; b.) I believe you were trying to correct a perceived misapprehension and asking questions in good faith and had no reason not to respond in kind; c.) I'm familiar with the subtle prod as a method for getting people to open up and d.) this was an opportunity for conversation with someone whom I haven't interacted much, so why not?

Anyway, any twinge of irritation I felt at being misinterpreted was easily enough put aside since I believed there would be opportunities to clarify meaning farther down the line. Also, I'm misinterpreted often enough that I know how not to escalate (which is not to say I always exercise that knowledge ... I know full well that I can be quite reactive, especially when I feel underestimated or patronized.)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

It's also because we're AWESOME

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, just remembered some more Fe-ish stuff as I was brushing my teeth.

Can you explain us a little bit more precisely how... you brush your teeth.
Devil hides in details lady !:devil:

Try to develop that Fe and Fi points. Without it I can't help. Even with my email diamant toothpaste:smile:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you explain us a little bit more precisely how... you brush your teeth.
Devil hides in details lady !:devil:

Try to develop that Fe and Fi points. Without it I can't help. Even with my email diamant toothpaste:smile:

Oh so many things. First, I like to brush my teeth as soon as I get out of bed. Even before peeing. I don't like morning breath. :(

I know this is unconventional from my subtle investigation of other people's habits (the students who live in my dorm and share the bathroom) but I like to rinse my mouth out with water before the actual brushing process. Toothpaste on brush ... I like gels best, I actually dislike plain white paste very much as it tastes grainy to me ... and then an efficient brushing like my dentist taught me, albeit in a more abbreviated way because who wants to waste any more time than they have to???

Spit, rinse, leave.

Pet peeve: People who leave the water running while they're brushing their teeth.

You may now type me from my dental hygiene routine.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more Fi then Fe though...