• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Curious to know

SilentWave

MBTI Type
I?F?
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I'm not entirely certain whether I'm in line with the site's etiquette, but I'll bite the bullet.

I have been interested in these personality type tests when a few friends from High-school introduced me to a website called 16personalities, in which I typed as INFP. I wouldn't normally reach out to other people, as I am usually embarrassed to reveal myself, but I have already spent a good chunk of hours researching the types and taking tests, and this is the fourth time I am obsessing about this situation. I have been told I resembled an INFJ, I usually come out to be an INFP when taking tests, sometimes INFJ, and today twice INTJ.

Screenshot from 2016-02-06 17:06:36.jpgScreenshot from 2016-02-06 17:06:46.jpgScreenshot from 2016-02-06 18:23:17.jpg

I like logical thinking and structuring, I like finding the connections between people and creating useful stuff that speeds up processes. I can't stand forms (like applications) especially if I have missing files. I am biased to think that most of the social jobs related to serving or arts should not exist or not viable; they should be automated or be done as extra hobbies, which is why I want to be an engineer, as I love pursuing mathematical concepts and creating new things. I'd prefer a society where everyone is helped as much as possible, equality of opportunity is more important than the freedom to advantage your offspring. I love talking about philosophy and can't stand most small talk, I don't follow celebrities or gossip but I do like to learn trivial things about science or interesting statistics about people. I also like reading short stories, poetry, and researching religions (I'm agnostic). Even though I like trying to figure out new endeavors in mathematics and improving technical skills, I believe they are fun things and tools in themselves and should be used to improve the human condition. I also prefer to help people help themselves rather than depending on me, and I don't enjoy getting to the spotlight. I am usually delighted to watch people grow, but my motivation for helping isn't usually idealistic, it is because I am bothered and feel responsible for a situation, so I feel obligated to solve it (this is true for other people, not things like games). When I should be doing something and putting it off (just like now!), it's because I find it very boring to continue and feel tired when I force myself to engage it. However, if it's something I enjoy but nevertheless quite challenging (like puzzles) I don't give up easily and can persevere for days before giving up. I'm also very cautious when I'm writing something that represents myself or an idea, but not so cautious when walking across the street. When taking tests, I tend to check my answers several times, and when writing I usually rewrite sentences to better represent what is going on, but the result is usually a confusing mess. Oh finally, I also like arguing with people for the sake of "extracting" their thoughts, as I can immediately change my position when I want to figure out what that person is thinking, and I rarely reveal what my true thoughts are (and even sometimes, I'm undecided what they are).

Appreciate all feedback and comments, thank you!

SilentWave

MBTI Type
I?F?
After learning more about differences in Socionics and MBTI, (they basically mirror the introverted p/f s), I think I am an INFP/INFj. I took this cool INFP/INFJ test on celebritytypes, which yielded the following:
Screenshot from 2016-02-07 12:33:38.jpg

The thing is, I feel very warm towards Ni, it feels like it explains more what I do, because most of the times, I have an "aha" moment after an interaction and not during or before it. I delve into the past and connect social situations more like logical pieces of a grand picture, like I see this past suffering as good because it allowed me to become this. In the end, I might just be an INFP who is striving to become someone with a philosopher mindset who detaches himself from other people to find his true self. This may be due to the way I have been raised; I was taught not to trust other people easily and my past bad relationships with other people may have created this disposition as well. In the end, I am more curious about the grand truth I can find, which is why spiritual things interest me even though I don't believe them, but perhaps they carry a key to something else. I have no idea what that makes me, but I'll stick with the data and not my gut this time and call it an INFP.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I normally don't read these, especially formatted as you've done, but I decided to take a stab at it.

I only got this far, "I am biased to think that most of the social jobs related to serving or arts should not exist or not viable; they should be automated or be done as extra hobbies".

Like, wha

SilentWave

MBTI Type
I?F?
Ok, let me try this again, and if you think I should edit the first post, please do tell.

Values:
-I look for honesty and integrity
-Help the underdog/the beaten down
-Freedom over tradition
-Happy to try out new things
-UNLESS I am strongly against it (I won't try smoking to see how it is, I especially avoid bad-habit building)

Interaction:
-I am afraid of making eye contact, but I am forcing myself lately to get used to it
-I prefer to respond to people, they should take initiative, because I can't approach them
-I am usually bored, unless we are talking about something deeply personal or personally interesting to me
-I don't like gossiping
-I prefer to talk with few people whom I can trust, and I can talk with them for hours if I know they are interested

At home or left alone:
-I have spontaneous ideas, for example, poetry pieces or story ideas, and I write them down immediately
-After working for a few minutes/hours, I am done with the piece and save it or post it
-I solve math problems, random puzzles, strategy flash games
-I prefer playing co-op missions and solve something with someone else
-I am content staying this way, without interacting for days
-But sometimes, I feel too lonely and look for a friend to talk and listen to
-I dream big and most of my dreams I never follow
-Unless one thing gets my attention, than I can obsess for days

At school/work/event:
-I usually complain or point out faults with procedures (homework, small talk, etc. is stupid!) but I comply nevertheless, because I'm not comfortable sticking out
-But, if I am debating something and there is no code of conduct or social norm, I can become fierce
-I like thinking over things that interest me, and I try to finish things I hate asap or avoid them entirely

At vacation:
-I hate going to the same place for more than three days
-I prefer internet or my book over a nice scene or casual swimming
-But I love trying out new extreme sports, until they get boring

Interests:
-I like math, philosophy, poetry, gaming, sociology
-I dislike parties and discos, history, biology

Biases:
-I am biased against traditional and religious people who refuse to listen to others
-I am biased against art degrees, and I believe that I won't make a living if I try to pursue a "silly vocation" (this is a silly belief, but something I can't shake off)
-I usually have an inferiority complex that people will ridicule me when they hear my ideas (which has happened in the past)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It hits me several times that you are an INTJ, you sound a lot like my mother