• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ woman?

Forestgnome88

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hello all, this is my first post! :bye: I don't know whether or not I am an INTJ or an INFJ....sometimes I get one when I take the test, sometimes another. Perhaps some of you have some ideas...

I took the MBTI for the first time when I was 12 or 13 and I got INTJ. I have always been very good at teaching myself languages, art, music, you name it. In school I was always good at math and science but I lost interest when I was in high school because I became obsessed with music and art. I have always loved reading and studying by myself and now in adulthood I am beginning to become more interested in web development, sound engineering/recording, etc. I believe that I could honestly teach myself anything and do a better job of it then if I went to school for it. I am a musician and am learning two new music software programs, am teaching myself how to use new equipment, etc. It is endlessly fascinating to me. I am always learning something.

As a musician I am very technical in what I do and music theory has always come very easily to me. Some musicians can just pick up an instrument and play without understanding what they're doing and I have never been able to do that. I have to have a detailed understanding of how something works before I can do anything with it. My brain is very methodical.

I am 27 and have never had an interest in dating anyone and have rejected pretty much every guy who has tried to date me because I have a very clear idea of what I'm looking for and I haven't met anyone who has those qualities yet. I would rather be alone than settle which I think is pretty uncommon for most people, especially women sadly. I have read that a lot of INTJ women spend long amounts of time being single because dating is annoying and a waste of time to them and men don't get them. That is pretty much how I feel. People are shocked that I care so little about guys but it's true! I care more about developing my career and making my little mark in the world.

I do have a strong feeling side though. I care a lot about inequality in society and trying to do something to change it. For example, I am a guitarist and am interested in teaching guitar to girls in order to improve their sense of self esteem as well as to help break down the gender divide in the music business which in my opinion perpetuates harmful stereotypes of what women are and aren't capable of. I don't like that very much :( I am also interested in the plight of foster children and helping them reach their potential.

I have less than stellar social skills and people tend to not like me very much. I am much better at expressing myself in writing than in person. My social skills have gotten better but that is the biggest "flaw" if you will, in my personality. This is why I don't think I am an INFJ. Aren't INFJ's good at connecting with other people? It is nearly impossible for me to make friends. I don't feel a strong connection to most people. Men or women, it doesn't really matter. I have always had a difficult time relating to other people and their concerns. I have had to learn how to listen to others and be accepting of their limitations because that is not something I am naturally inclined to do. If I think about it though, I would want someone to do the same for me so I have become less judgmental over the years. I have also had to practice happy facial expressions that I force myself to use so that people will be able to relate to me more. It works!

I have a very low opinion of people who don't think for themselves and who follow the status quo without questioning it. I also have a quirky sense of humor and INTJ's are typically painted as being very serious, aren't they?

Anyhow, for anyone who has had a difficult time identifying their own type, what finally made you realize what you were? I think it would help me greatly in maximizing my strengths.

Thanks!

Forestgnome

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll vote INTJ too.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introverted Gamma. ISFP/INTJ axis. Slightly leaning towards ISFP. Y'know what, my final verdict is ISFP. Yes, ISFP is satisfactory!

̶e̶d̶i̶t̶:̶ ̶o̶k̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶l̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶N̶T̶J̶.̶

Please expand your Great Wall of Text. : ) Helpful it would be.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
where is the ni?

SHOW ME. i hafta SEE it.

bigdavesellers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
IMHO... based on your excellent description it would be more valuable to recognise an excellent description of an Enneagram 5 and grow through that journey if you wish to understand and overcome your 'perceived' social awkwardness. As far as F or T it seems pretty clear you are borderline and/or have high flex in that 'muscle' and/or are responding differently in different contexts. I know a few women who are 'very selective' about their men and have spent years finding one that comes up to their standards and they are NF. 'Values' are really intense for NF and they have big passion about certain issues and standards... like how their men behave. On the other hand NTs live in a non-tangible world of (their strange) connections and patterns and not everyone 'gets it'... regards INTP; Enneagram 6 with a 5 wing.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=26857]Forestgnome88[/MENTION] I will also lean toward INTJ, but I think you are awesome and I love what you're doing with the girls and the guitar lessons! I seek to do the same thing through martial arts. I also have been largely self-taught. You and I share several things in common. I think it is just an Ni thing that we will learn, no matter what.

I'm an artist, too, and a writer. I do perform with a music group and play amateur guitar. I also love languages and have a natural affinity toward them and yes, it is far better to be alone than to settle or trap yourself into a commitment you didn't fully understand in the first place.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ with highly I over E

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Natural disposition for languages is an Ne quality.

I'm going to vote for INTP. For now.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say INFJ or INTP. That is the vibe I get from what you have said.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26857]Forestgnome88[/MENTION] Can you answer these questions?

*What characteristic best describes you?
a. I am adaptable
b. I am consistent
c. I am humane
d. I am analytical

*Which statement best describes you?
a. I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
b. I am hard working and dependable
c. I am enthusiastic and creative
d. I am competent and inventive

*It is most important for me to be:
a. Adaptable
b. Respectable
c. Authentic
d. Resolute

*It is most important for me to
a. Be lively and unrestrained
b. Do things that will produce good
c. Help others and be charitable
d. Be autonomous

*I yearn for
a. Impact
b. Belonging
c. Romance
d. Achievement

*I most value being
a. Excited
b. Concerned
c. Enthusiastic
d. Calm

The best word to describe me would be that I am:
a. Practical
b. Dutiful
c. Altruistic
d. Pragmatic

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm voting INTJ.

Usually when someone wants to know if they're INFJ or INTJ- it's practically always INFJ (provided they're INJ). But this op sounds rather clearly more INTJ to me. So, that's a first.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on your answers to those questions, you definitely seem to demonstrate NT temperament.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm voting INTJ.

Usually when someone wants to know if they're INFJ or INTJ- it's practically always INFJ (provided they're INJ). But this op sounds rather clearly more INTJ to me. So, that's a first.

That was my observations also. I didn't see much there for Fe. Interesting to pose type as a question... I wonder if it is all part of a long term plan!?!

Forestgnome88

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hey everyone, thanks for all the responses. Due to some of you suggesting I might be an INTP I went and looked at the descriptions and it wasn't too far off! The only thing is that I hate when things aren't organized and it puts me in a really bad mood. I hate being late, it makes me really mad when I am and I get stressed out. I hate when people change plans last minute and cancel right before we are about to go out, etc. I stop being their friends. I need to have my house clean, I have a schedule for myself when it comes to practicing music and if I don't follow it I feel guilty..the thing is that these things don't come naturally to me. They are things that I have had to work on and develop over time because I found that I was not living as functional of a life as I wanted to when everything was a mess and I didn't have lists and schedules, etc.

And Ene, that's cool that you do martial arts. I actually used to do martial arts too although I never was super consistent with it. Perhaps one day it would be cool to take it up again!

I don't think that I am an S. As awkward as I am in social situations I am very much able to read between the lines and I know what people are thinking. It's really weird. I am like the perpetual observer. I am very good at reading people's intentions and when people are trying to fool me or manipulate me or others around me I always know that something is wrong. I have a finely tuned evildoer radar. I might sound ridiculous to some but I remember some aspects of past lives, etc. Things like that....

Ok, so there was a questionaire thingy that highlander posted, here are my answers:

1. D analytical
2. D competent and inventive
3. D Resolute
4. B Do things that will produce good
5. A Impact
6. C Enthusiastic
7. B Dutiful

A lot of these things seem equally important to me though. Some of the options don't seem mutually exclusive which is my issue when taking these tests. I tried to answer to the best of my ability.

Have a Merry Christmas! :smile:

Forestgnome