• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me? (Last time)

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
Please help me out one more time. I've read into Socionics a bit and I relate most to ILI-INTp (supposedly MBTI INTJ) the most, but I can also see SLI-ISTp (ISTJ). Either analysis is fine.

Okay, so bear with me here. I'm going to list traits and behaviors and try to give my motivations behind them. I've narrowed everything down to these statements. They cover most of what makes up my personality.

* For starters, I have no real respect for tradition. I..somewhat respect authority. I'll ignore rules if I think they're pointless and I can get away with it.

* Age means nothing to me. The idea that people who are more experienced are inherently better at [insert thing here] is ridiculous to me.

* I didn't put much effort into school. I graduated with barely passable grades.

* I don't get too attached to places I live in. My dad constantly seems to reminisce about such things. I can look back at old pictures of a car I really liked and want it back though. This is usually at a time of stress. For example, my current car might be giving me trouble.

* I've always had trouble with doing things in a way that someone teaches me. Like in drawing class, instead of outlining the picture I jumped right into the details of the most interesting part. Or in math I'd figure out a different way to do the problem. Obviously I do follow instructions for building things like legos or furniture. I've messed up by not reading the instructions enough times.

* I'm extremely lazy. I'll procrastinate to the point of just not doing what I'm supposed to unless it's interesting. It isn't because of perfectionism, but boredom. I'm often bored, and I refuse to do things that perpetuate that boredom.

* I do plan a bit, but nothing strict and nothing farther than a week into the future. If it's the day of, I'll quickly estimate the time everything will take in my head, or if it's in advance I'll just have a general idea like 'I want to see this movie'.

* I don't really set goals. At least not that I'm aware of. Obviously if I pick up a new hobby I'll want to achieve competency, but that's it. I don't even know how people come up with goals.

* I'm not bossy. Controlling people is exhausting. I like to do my own thing without anyone relying on me, or me relying on them. Things get messy because I don't always communicate.

* I'm very judgmental. I can't tolerate incompetence. I only express this to people close to me though. I only do this at a distance. When I'm actually talking to the person I try to watch what I say and forget most judgments I made.

* I come off as very aloof. Most people at work don't know what to think of me and are often surprised to hear some of the things I do. They know I don't know how to take compliments though.

* I have confidence issues. I *sometimes* feel superior to others in regards to intelligence, but inferior in everything else. Social situations are especially hard for me.

* I'm not an ideas person. I have a single good idea occasionally that will come to me in a flash while I'm doing something unrelated.

* Facts are hard for me to remember unless they're within a larger framework or I have a good understanding of the subject that fact comes from. So a lot of the little things I learn just become images in my head that I can't put to words. Like I remember watching a documentary, but I can't remember the details. Just the images that related to them.

* I'm all about comfort and aesthetic. I like my space to be full of nice things and well decorated. Some have recommended that I be an interior designer. I'm good with color coordination and patterns and flow.

* I make references quite often. What will happen is one word/name someone says will trigger a reference with a somewhat similar word in it. Like if I hear the name Leroy I'll think of Lilo & Stitch because of Leroy & Stitch. From there I can start a chain of other references in relation to the previous ones if I so choose. It's fun to do. Or I'll respond in a joking way with one. Today I was asked where my new office was and I told them 'second star to the right and straight on til morning'. I watch a lot of Disney..

* I'm usually completely silent until a topic of interest comes up. Then you can't shut me up.

* I am extremely cautious and risk-averse. I'm also conflict averse when it comes to people and I'll deal with a bad
situation just to avoid confronting them.

* I am anti-physical. I don't like moving too much. I'd rather just sit around and watch something or play a video game. I like books, but I have a hard time finding one I actually want to read.

* As a kid I didn't like going to bed because I felt like I was going to miss something interesting.

* I'm good with my money, and for the most part I'm fairly responsible.

* As a kid I'd always want to do the same thing. Rent the same movie, play the same game, go to the same water park, eat the same food. A lot of that has stayed with me

* It is very possible that I have an anger problem. I've never shown it in front of other people, but I can go into a rage over small things when I'm alone. I keep my anger hidden from others to avoid conflict.

* My favorite books as a kid were A Series of Unfortunate Events because they didn't have happy endings and had odd characters. I've always liked things that are a bit unconventional or strange.

* I tend to be on the extreme end of whatever I do. Full on or off with everything. Food, work, games, interests, exercising, etc. I either don't eat all day, or I just continuously stuff my face. I either don't pursue my hobby at all, or I devote my life to it.

* I've never really liked causing trouble. I've just always been aware of the consequences to everything I do. Even in my anger I don't do anything that would have a real consequence. Save for my health. I tend not to care about that as much as I should.

* Someone told me the other day that they didn't like the project they and I were working on because it required too much thinking. I thought that was ridiculous. My favorite part of any project is figuring out how it will work. The process is the fun part, and the results are a nice bonus that boosts my ego. If I know how it will all work out, I'll likely be unmotivated to actually work on it.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't often type people online, so I could be way off, but might I suggest ISTP?

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I thought there were some Fi exhibition there as dominant auxillary function or secondaary maybe? My guess is ENFP (or ESFP, ISFP and yeah a bit of ISTP :D (but it doesn't work that way)).

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
I thought there were some Fi exhibition there as dominant auxillary function or secondaary maybe? My guess is ENFP (or ESFP, ISFP and yeah a bit of ISTP :D (but it doesn't work that way)).

Could you point out what makes you think Fi?

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
How am I supposed to say this? I'm wrong. Was half asleep and wanted to practise typing but your post was too long that one sentence there made me blab "Oh, let me slap an mbti type and so I can snooze soundly."

Anyways, my apologies. I read your post completely and I think you could be an NT if you value some accuracy (I read randomly on a site). And as what I think you might be after analysing your words... Some parts remind me of my INTP friend and some ISTP. Read their functions and see if you relate to any of them. Otherwise, I'm wrong again.

ISTP --> Ti>Se>Ni>Fe
INTP --> Ti>Ne>Si>Fe