• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats My Type?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my most intelligent children (if not the most intelligent) is apparently an ISTP.

Intelligent is so complex. I scored in the 120s on online IQ tests when I was younger, but I feel I can hold my own with those who have IQs higher than me, and that I am smarter in ways that are as yet undefinable.

Intelligence in the scheme of life and salvation means little though. God gave us a human brain so that we can know and love him. Period. If we use not our brain for that, it is all a waste, essentially. Being dumb by worldly standards and fearing and loving God is better than being an atheist with a PhD.

Estps and I connect pretty easily. It is interesting. But we also clash because we both like to be in charge. :smile:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I am not sure about MBTI, but you stand out very clearly as a type 3 to me. Wing is debatable. You can read more about type 3 here.

I wouldn't worry about IQ correlation. From reading your original post, I am feeling some ESTP vibes, but I don't know if I have sufficient evidence to back that up.

Eastwood

ENFJ and ESTP share the same functions..... Fe Ni Se Ti vs. Se Ti Fe Ni. So, eventually, a mature ESTP will seem much more like a ENFJ/ESTP combo. No type is automatically more intelligent than another. There is only modest correlation at best between type and IQ.

Well, for the record I view MBTI as vast categorization of 16 intelligence's. However, I do find that interesting that both sides have the same functions. I've had people say that I care about people and that I'm kind to others. Not to say that ESTP's cant do the same. My friends view me as ENTP, but I never really thought I was, because I had viewed myself as not being intelligent enough, lol

Eastwood

One of my most intelligent children (if not the most intelligent) is apparently an ISTP.

Intelligent is so complex. I scored in the 120s on online IQ tests when I was younger, but I feel I can hold my own with those who have IQs higher than me, and that I am smarter in ways that are as yet undefinable.

Intelligence in the scheme of life and salvation means little though. God gave us a human brain so that we can know and love him. Period. If we use not our brain for that, it is all a waste, essentially. Being dumb by worldly standards and fearing and loving God is better than being an atheist with a PhD.

Estps and I connect pretty easily. It is interesting. But we also clash because we both like to be in charge. :smile:

I think I scored maybe 109 on my IQ test. So pretty low, if not average. I really hate going to school! Yea I like the knowledge and can debate with theories and have intellectual conversations, but then I'm the first to want to leave the class room. Also, I find myself procrastinating doing homework, like right now I should be doing my homework, but I have a bit of HW anxiety and just want to do this, simply because its more interesting! lol

Eastwood

I am not sure about MBTI, but you stand out very clearly as a type 3 to me. Wing is debatable. You can read more about type 3 here.

I wouldn't worry about IQ correlation. From reading your original post, I am feeling some ESTP vibes, but I don't know if I have sufficient evidence to back that up.

Yea, I could be type 3, I wouldn't rule it out. I feel like I'm really bad at following through with my goals though. I'm great at starting, but not finishing. I think I rather play first, than work! lol, I know I'm contradicting all my posts by saying this, But I may not be as goal oriented as I really want to be.

I will say that these post have helped me allot on how I identify myself. I think I've always been the person who views the world and then wonder where I fit into it. Like a scientist, but a scientist about life, obviously sounds like I love psychology, but I think I'm looking more so for where my strengths are and how to use my own form of persona.

What do you think my wing is?

Eastwood

On another note, my friends will always ask me a question about my day or something about a event that happened.... I always respond with "Its a long story"... when really its not that long. Then Ill go into a hour long explanation, when really somebody else could have explained the whole thing in a matter of maybe one minute. (lol) What function am I using by going into every detail about my story's or events? I thought sensors were more blunt and straight to the point? and that intuitive's are more vague, there for only needing to give out little information. Or maybe I'm using one of the judging functions when explaining something? lol

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Yea, I could be type 3, I wouldn't rule it out. I feel like I'm really bad at following through with my goals though. I'm great at starting, but not finishing. I think I rather play first, than work! lol, I know I'm contradicting all my posts by saying this, But I may not be as goal oriented as I really want to be.

I will say that these post have helped me allot on how I identify myself. I think I've always been the person who views the world and then wonder where I fit into it. Like a scientist, but a scientist about life, obviously sounds like I love psychology, but I think I'm looking more so for where my strengths are and how to use my own form of persona.

What do you think my wing is?

I can't really say. Do you relate more to 2 characteristics or 4 characteristics? What is your reasoning for each?

Eastwood

I can't really say. Do you relate more to 2 characteristics or 4 characteristics? What is your reasoning for each?

I don't fully understand the question, I'm not to familiar with enneagram typing. (I barely know what wing means, lol)
unless your referring to MBTI?
If you want to give me examples, I can answer those too.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I don't fully understand the question, I'm not to familiar with enneagram typing. (I barely know what wing means, lol)
unless your referring to MBTI?
If you want to give me examples, I can answer those too.

Here's a test that I find helpful. You could start there. And here's some basic info on the Enneagram itself. :)

Eastwood

so..... I got enneagram type 8, wing 7

after reading this, I agree allot with 8, besides the anger part. I get angry just like anybody else, I'm not a dangerous person, lol!
Also, I'am vary independent which is why I've quit so many jobs and have been viewed as something of a entrepreneur. (Even though I not, at-least not yet)
I found wing 7 interesting as well.

After reading the descriptions, (by relating it to MBTI) I could be ESTP or ENTP. But I understand that engram and MBTI are different from each other.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My second was 7
what do you think?

Well then, you might have a tritype consisting of 8, 7, and 3 in some order.

In Enneagram, there are three centers. The heart center (types 2, 3, and 4), the head center (types 5, 6, and 7), and the gut center (types 8, 9, and 1). Tritype theory suggests that every person has one type from each center--while still having one dominant type.

For instance, I think my father is a 1w2, but he has 6w5 as a head center and 4w3 as a heart center. Of the three, 4w3 would be his least strongest, making his tritype 1w2 - 6w5 - 4w3.