• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENFP?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
I don't know my MBTI type. I thought ENFP, ENTP, ISTP, then ESTP, ENFJ, INFJ, ESTJ, ENTJ. I change my type a lot. I think my enneagram tritype is 4w3 - Xw6 - 1w9 though. I am certain about my 4w3 core. I am leaning towards ENFP in MBTI, but I really don't know anymore. Dominant Ne would explain why I keep exploring my options. I would really appreciate any kind of help!

What got you interested in Personality Type?
I was always interested in personality and discovering more about myself. What brought me to personality type forums were seeing character types. I wanted to know what all those letters meant and now I expanded my knowledge to a certain degree. I don't think I have grasped it yet, but I have decent knowledge of cognitive functions now in my opinion.

What kind of work do you do for a living?
I am still a student. I am currently switching studies. I hope to study Fashion & Design Styling next year.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I don't think I have accomplished anything yet. Although I did arrange a dog when we weren't supposed to have one and he is almost two now (9 November he turns two) and the sweetest creature on earth. If I have to pick an accomplishment, it's him. How did I achieve this? (I think that might help determine my type, to see my thinking process)
My mother was about to turn 50 and she told me she wanted a dog, I asked dad if we ever got a dog, he said: no. I asked what if mom wanted a dog, answer still: no. So what did I do? I went through all the options and knew there was one thing that could work. I hacked my father's Facebook account, where I saw some puppies my mom loved, and send their old friend Jannie and Anthony a message how we would like to take a look because 'kaat' was turning 50. I actually checked my dad's mail to see how he writes, horribly btw, no commas, no dots and no capitals. And it looked like my dad wrote it. After that, I erased all my tracks and kept messaging with them. I went through all kind of scenarios my dad could use against a dog and had an answer on every critique he had ready. So one night I told my father what I did, now I already had an appointment if we could take a look. I made a list of pro's and con's and managed to convince him, but then I really didn't plan to back down either.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
A day where I get to experience new exciting things. Like going to Asia, Greece, taste their food, take pictures to capture moments and just a lot of fun and discovering. The world is to discover and there are so many great things to see and maybe explore something nobody ever did. The world is full of mysteries and there are great things we can do. I am very idealistic and a big time daydreamer. I see possibilities everywhere. You would make me the happiest to take me somewhere I have never been before and let me bring my camera and do exciting new things. I want to see and experience it all.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
My dog and writing. I love writing. It's a way for me to get my feelings out. I don't like to share them and writing relieves. I have a dozen documents on my computer where I wrote things off my chest. I am very private, unless it has to do with home, as I really can't handle that on my own. My home situation is a mess and sometimes I feel like my feelings and views are irrational and it just really helps to have someone tell me they aren't. I only share those on a thread on a forum and with Yarden as I only trust them with them. In real life I am really closed about it. I love my dog and he always make me feel good. He is so sweet and if anyone dares to touch him, I will kick your ass. Seriously, he is precious.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Yes! So much. I have so many dreams, but I have a tendency to not always take action as some dreams are better to be dreamed than experienced. Traveling is something I really want/need to do. It's one of the very few ideas I feel like actually carrying out. I want to see what's out there, do new things, broaden my view even more. I haven't done it yet because I need to get a college degree first and save money for it so I can afford it. I am excited about a lot of things.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Oh boy, just let me skip this question. It's complex.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
Where do I start? Haha, no honestly. I embarrass myself all the time. Like one time, Natalia scared me in the school's bathroom so I had this 'brilliant' idea to do the same. So when I was waiting for her outside on the hallway I heard someone wash their hands and as it took pretty long I figured that would be Natalia. You can guess what happens next. I pull the door, get in and yell super loud, only to see a girl standing there, with a face as white as a blanket. She walked past me and didn't say a thing. Ten seconds later, Natalia walks out, laughing her ass off. I was laughing, but damn that was awkward. Poor girl. She must have thought I was crazy.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
I always take through things to say in my mind, like I have a database of what to say and how to be charming and then forget all my plans while calling.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
That is a though one. I would like any power. That would be great. Imagine the things I could do. Maybe invisibility, so I can play pranks on people. I always play pranks on people. One time at school camp, I crawled into a person's bed, at the foot under the rolled up blanket. So they turned the lights off and I grabbed her ankle. I have never seen anyone that scared. Now they text me when we are out together if I am in bed. I think I traumatized her. Being invisible would make pranking easier.

What do you value most in a friendship?
Trust and having fun, while also being able to talk seriously. I like people that can teach me something in any area. I am very open minded. My best friend, Natalia, who is an INFJ and I enjoy the good stuff and I know she isn't going behind my back. We appreciate every moment together, don't push each other to hang out, are relaxed with each other and we have the same kind of wanderlust. She is one of the few people I really talk with about my personal life.

What is your most treasured memory?
I remember going to the army compound my cousin is stationed with him. He let me take the track there (which wasn't even allowed, which made it even more fun) with him and I've seen and experienced all kind of new things. I loved the running, getting on top of that truck, discovering what they did there, putting on his army jacket, marching for fun and bonding with him. He, Pip and my little INTP brother are the persons I am closest to in my family. I liked it because it was different and we got to talk. He has the same kind of humor.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I often appear to be warm, but, I have no idea how to explain this. I suck at love. I get bored with my boyfriends like after two weeks. It's like I always think there is someone better out there. I always screw things up. I am not very huggy-feely, but apparently I am great to talk to as I tend to lighten up the mood. I always find a way to make someone laugh when he/she is having a hard time. I don't like people being sad as I know what that is like, so I'll try out all kind of ideas to make them smile.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
I would probably safe either my books or designer clothes. I think my clothes as I can loan books at the library, but that would devastate me. Some of my stuff have sentimental meaning. Now that I think about it, I would safe my pink stuffed animal dog, as it was my first and helped me through hard times. I am kinda a hoarder.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
Anyone who can make fire and provide food with me, but also is happy. I can't stand moody people. You need to make the best of it. If I had to pick one person I would say Natalia.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
Making my own perfume, sketching in front of a big mountain, order a cocktail. Honestly, anything new sounds good to me.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Traveling or shopping. I would like obtaining local souvenirs, that aren't really souvenirs. I would like something unconventional, but also something that reminds me of the place.

Who is your favorite author?
Francine Oomen. She is a dutch writes whom writes: How to survive (insert something here like freshman year or love) ? It's a book series about a girl Rosa who experiences new things and learns how to deal with them with also help of her friends. It's creatively written and I really relate to the main character (who I believe is some kind of xNFP). It also has quiet some traveling!

What is your favorite book?
Hoe overleef ik ... mezelf? (How to survive myself?), it explores Rosa's puberty and she gets into new exciting things, messes up, dies her hair and rebels. I find it the most relate-able book of all. It is a secret though, for my friends. I don't want them to read it. It's mine.

What has been your biggest challenge?
To settle down for a bit. I have changed identity over the years, trying out to see what fits me, my hair cried from all the dying I think. I almost had any color and I change it like every two months. My hair and wallet don't like it. I still find it hard not to change hairstyle, clothing style and hair color every season. I keep re-inventing myself. My friends even text me every holiday to check if I am still me. I often shock them with my sudden changes as they don't recognize me at first sight.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I like the 16th century a lot, but I would be okay with anytime, though I am not sure about dinosaurs. I like vegetarians (yess same <3), but velociraptors scare the crap out of me. Hmm I know. If I got to live in that time, I would say the 70's. I liked how they went out more and actually hung out together everyday. I miss that personal connection.

What does your life say about you?
That I am messy and random I guess. I am not sure if I can ever settle down and be who people expect me to be.

How would your friends describe you?
Scatterbrained, good kind of weird, random, contemplative, can't stick with made decisions, sometimes blunt, private and hard to guess what's going on in my mind. I often hear the word fast paced as well. They think I am hard to keep up with.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, so far I've got xNxP for sure. My first impression from your introductory thread was ENFP.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25723]RobinSkye[/MENTION] Thank you so much for your input :) I think I may be Te > Ti, as I have a better grasp of that function, I can be pretty bossy and blunt. I am not sure if this helps but when I take in new information I readily accept it and decide later if it fits into my framework. Doesn't that indicate Te > Ti. Just throwing thoughts in there :D I think I am NP as well. I settled on INFJ a while ago, but ehhhh, well just no. Why not? I am nearly not focused enough to be Ni, everything I do screams Ne (friends think I am unreliable as a result because I change plans last minute and honestly I get that. It sucks.) and Te > Ti.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, and ENP types are likely less focused, because of their Ne dominance and the fact that INxPs have a strong Ni working in the background, whereas ENxPs have a stronger shadow Te(ENTP)/Fe(ENFP). Bossy and blunt could be literally any functions at work. If you're ENFP your Te use is probably pretty immature, but you still tend to have faith in it. Te is more likely to use pre-existing frameworks to optimize, whereas Ti will either question and further optimize pre-existing one or develop their own internal understandings. The ideas and concepts coming from the external environment vs. within the mind. Ne-Te together probably makes Ne use a lot more obvious. Mine is less so, since everything gets filtered through a lens of my own rationalizations.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, and ENP types are likely less focused, because of their Ne dominance and the fact that INxPs have a strong Ni working in the background, whereas ENxPs have a stronger shadow Te(ENTP)/Fe(ENFP). Bossy and blunt could be literally any functions at work. If you're ENFP your Te use is probably pretty immature, but you still tend to have faith in it. Te is more likely to use pre-existing frameworks to optimize, whereas Ti will either question and further optimize pre-existing one or develop their own internal understandings. The ideas and concepts coming from the external environment vs. within the mind. Ne-Te together probably makes Ne use a lot more obvious. Mine is less so, since everything gets filtered through a lens of my own rationalizations.

Maybe Te when I consider my way of working at school. I tend to quote literally what a book for says. When learning I highlight and instead of molding the theory for better understanding I prefer taking it in literally. I don't need to understand it, because it is the way it is. I have been class president for 5 years now. I noticed I am not that good at planning as dominant Te users are, but I can rely on it nevertheless. In fact I thought for a while I was a dominant Te user, because I enjoy organizing my books for example and I like it when things are on alphabetic oder (although, I don't have the patience for it all the time. I organize them like once a year when it starts annoying me how they are placed). I think Te isn't that well developed, but I just can't see myself as a Ti user, I admire them for the way the build their own frameworks and theorize, but I am more of a literal learner. I thought ENTP for a while as well, but Ti doesn't seem to fit ;/ I could see tertiary Fe, but I would say Fi > Fe, I tend to talk in the me sense. I like harmony, but I think that is my strong 9 wing. I suck at harmonizing. My actions are often seen as selfish and I am pretty closed off about my feelings. What made me say Fe was that I want to be liked and feel bad when people don't, but I think that could also be my social variant stacking. Maybe I am Fe, I am not sure. I do seem to be more Fi. I don't take other people's feelings into account when making a decision. Hmm ...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually I'm getting ESXP more than ENXP, a lot of focus on pretty solid stuff, yah a bit random and indecisive... think these can be just as much for ESFP's as ENFP's though, indecisive probably more so for ESFP's tbh, Ne explores lots of options but is pretty good at pinpointing a goal. ENFP's often go through several career changes during their lifetimes... but not every five minutes. Just not feeling the N here, but really I rate S pretty highly so it's not a criticism as lots of people seem to take it that way here, and often it is meant in that way.

This I would consider classically ESFP and not ENFP...

"I tend to quote literally what a book for says. When learning I highlight and instead of molding the theory for better understanding I prefer taking it in literally. I don't need to understand it, because it is the way it is."

IMO ESFP comes across more selfish
ENFP comes across more indulgent

ESFP comes across more bossy and blunt
ENFP comes across neurotic and 'awkwardly' blunt, as if excessively so, in the wrong place, or not at all when needed

ESFP dosn't need to understand something and can accept information unquestioningly-to later dissect (as and when)
ENFP thrives of knowledge, they want to understand things inside out and the wrong way round, they suck the essence of the thing of interest dry

However in saying this, i believe you will not be interested in EFSP as your type because of the bad rep in gets and because of the useless descriptions that exist. And the party going loud and annoying stereotype ESFP's have. The only self typed ESFP's we have on this forum are ones who are very self assured and confident in themselves and also very stereotypically ESFP, to the point where they will run you if you attempt to play with them. Thankfully we do actually have some self typed ESFP's though, the forum benefits immensly.

In socionics you might be IEE though (ENFp) as SEE (ESFp) are much more bold and forceful when needed. A lot of MBTI ESFP's translate into IEE in socionics.

I also wouldn't rule out ISFP. Def go with SFP though, ruled out ESTP ...yep.

EDIT: Ultimately though it's up to you, it's who you identify with as a person.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Actually I'm getting ESXP more than ENXP, a lot of focus on pretty solid stuff, yah a bit random and indecisive... think these can be just as much for ESFP's as ENFP's though, indecisive probably more so for ESFP's tbh, Ne explores lots of options but is pretty good at pinpointing a goal. ENFP's often go through several career changes during their lifetimes... but not every five minutes. Just not feeling the N here, but really I rate S pretty highly so it's not a criticism as lots of people seem to take it that way here, and often it is meant in that way.

This I would consider classically ESFP and not ENFP...

"I tend to quote literally what a book for says. When learning I highlight and instead of molding the theory for better understanding I prefer taking it in literally. I don't need to understand it, because it is the way it is."

IMO ESFP comes across more selfish
ENFP comes across more indulgent

ESFP comes across more bossy and blunt
ENFP comes across neurotic and 'awkwardly' blunt, as if excessively so, in the wrong place, or not at all when needed

ESFP dosn't need to understand something and can accept information unquestioningly-to later dissect (as and when)
ENFP thrives of knowledge, they want to understand things inside out and the wrong way round, they suck the essence of the thing of interest dry

However in saying this, i believe you will not be interested in EFSP as your type because of the bad rep in gets and because of the useless descriptions that exist. And the party going loud and annoying stereotype ESFP's have. The only self typed ESFP's we have on this forum are ones who are very self assured and confident in themselves and also very stereotypically ESFP, to the point where they will run you if you attempt to play with them. Thankfully we do actually have some self typed ESFP's though, the forum benefits immensly.

In socionics you might be IEE though (ENFp) as SEE (ESFp) are much more bold and forceful when needed. A lot of MBTI ESFP's translate into IEE in socionics.

I also wouldn't rule out ISFP. Def go with SFP though, ruled out ESTP ...yep.

EDIT: Ultimately though it's up to you, it's who you identify with as a person.

Actually, it's funny that someone says so! I have thought ESxP for a while, longer than any other type in fact. It's just that ... I have no idea if this is my Dyspraxia or just type related but my Se doesn't feel optimal. I actually really love ESFP's. I find them a very fun versitale type, but what makes me say otherwise is my Se. I feel like I really have quiet some Se qualities, but then I am really clumsy. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia only recently so that can be interfering with Se, because on the other hand I am often impulsive, indecisive, very physical and aesthetic appreciating. I love the simple things in life. I trust my senses and am good at recalling smell and taste. What objects against this would be how I handle driving lessons. My instructor tends to get mad at me because I am not paying conscious attention to my environment and I am not quick on my feet. I am not sure if my Dyspraxia causes those issues though. I really think xSFP is possible. I think stereotypes are lame. Look at the SJ ones, they are often full of crap. I have some great SJ friends. I don't go by stereotypes anymore. Do you think I could be ESFP, but the dyspraxia is messing with the Se? I do love being active. I have trouble sitting still and I often get the urge to just run. It's like my legs don't like sitting. Thank you so much for your input. I am curious for your answer.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, it's funny that someone says so! I have thought ESxP for a while, longer than any other type in fact, it's just that ... I have no idea if this is my Dyspraxia or just type related but something seems off. I really love ESFP's, in fact I wanted to be one for a time and now I still find them a very fun versitale type, but what makes me say otherwise is my Se. I feel like I really have quiet some Se qualities, but then I am really clumsy, I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia only recently so that can be interfering with Se, because on the other hand I am often impulsive, indecisive, very physical and aesthetic appreciating. I love the simple things in life. I trust my senses and am good at recalling smell and taste. What objects against this would be how I handle driving lessons. My instructor tends to get mad at me because I am not paying conscious attention to my environment and I am not quick on my feet. I am not sure if my Dyspraxia causes those issues though. I really think xSFP is possible. I think stereotypes are lame. Look at the SJ ones, they are often full of crap. I have some great SJ friends. I don't go by stereotypes anymore. Do you think I could be ESFP, but the dyspraxia is messing with the Se in quickness? I really do love being active. I have trouble sitting still and I often get the urge to just run. It's like my legs don't like sitting. Thank you so much for your input. I am curious for your answer.

Oh certainly, dyspraxia is more about how your body fits in with the environment rather than how you see the environment (from what I know of it, which is a little but obviously very little compared to yourself). Some of what you say here could be related to Si though -bolded. Se would be more abut appreciating the here and now, the solid concrete things, and the enjoyment that can be gained by participating in them. ... which is probably where the selfish stereotype comes into play. Because ESFP's are very alive and actively taking real enjoyment and pleasure from the things they do irl. Se was prehaps the most obvious function I got from your post with Fi too, however weather you have Fi first and SE second or vice versa i'm not certain leaving ESFP and ISFP as viable options imo.

Se also has relations with the synergy between the self and the environment though, which is where you may be finding a certain rub. When combined with Fi (for both ESFP & ISFP) Se can be very good at manipulating emotions and mood... and people in general... though for good as often, if not more than, in the negative sense

And yes this place can be tough on SJ's. I have had some difficult times with ISTJ's myself but I do appreciate them, just not great at spending time together because i feel rather awkward around them. ESTJ's on the other hand I can get on with ever so well. So really it's down to individual and often type can play into it too. It's not uncommon for ENFP's to have communication difficulties with ISTJ's because they approach and handle thing so differently.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh certainly, dyspraxia is more about how your body fits in with the environment rather than how you see the environment (from what I know of it, which is a little but obviously very little compared to yourself). Some of what you say here could be related to Si though -bolded. Se would be more abut appreciating the here and now, the solid concrete things, and the enjoyment that can be gained by participating in them. ... which is probably where the selfish stereotype comes into play. Because ESFP's are very alive and actively taking real enjoyment and pleasure from the things they do irl. Se was prehaps the most obvious function I got from your post with Fi too, however weather you have Fi first and SE second or vice versa i'm not certain leaving ESFP and ISFP as viable options imo.

Se also has relations with the synergy between the self and the environment though, which is where you may be finding a certain rub. When combined with Fi (for both ESFP & ISFP) Se can be very good at manipulating emotions and mood... and people in general... though for good as often, if not more than, in the negative sense

And yes this place can be tough on SJ's. I have had some difficult times with ISTJ's myself but I do appreciate them, just not great at spending time together because i feel rather awkward around them. ESTJ's on the other hand I can get on with ever so well. So really it's down to individual and often type can play into it too. It's not uncommon for ENFP's to have communication difficulties with ISTJ's because they approach and handle thing so differently.

It would suck though, being xSFP without the Se advantages :shrug: I think my world view is very Pe. I can see either Se or Ne to be honest. What makes me doubt is my tendency to daydream, to a point where I can't really shut it off, but then Se is also highly plausible. If looking at lower stack functions, I could see tertiary Ni but not inferior. I am always considering consequences and thinking more long term than an inferior Ni user would. I could see inferior Si because of my relationship with routine and how I am sentimental with objects and regularly use the phrase: "That reminds me of ..." My senses seem pretty rooted on the other hand and I gravitate towards Se. I know I can't use both and I have to choose. I'll see what people have to say on this matter as I need to get more confident in my dominant function in order to choose. I really appreciate your help. It definitely gives me stuff to think through. So as statement, after this, you still stand behind xSFP?

Yeah, I do clash with my ESFP mother and brother and ISFJ father, but I don't think I can really say I dislike one particularly type. I think there are good and bad people for every type. I agree with you on having preferences though. I, for some reason, generally get along greatly with xxTP's and ESTJ's.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would suck though, being xSFP without the Se advantages :shrug: I think my world view is very Pe. I can see either Se or Ne to be honest. What makes me doubt is my tendency to daydream, to a point where I can't really shut it off, but then Se is also highly plausible. If looking at lower stack functions, I could see tertiary Ni but not inferior. I am always considering consequences and thinking more long term than an inferior Ni user would. I could see inferior Si because of my relationship with routine and how I am sentimental with objects and regularly use the phrase: "That reminds me of ..." My senses seem pretty rooted on the other hand and I gravitate towards Se. I know I can't use both and I have to choose. I'll see what people have to say on this matter as I need to get more confident in my dominant function in order to choose. I really appreciate your help. It definitely gives me stuff to think through. So as statement, after this, you still stand behind xSFP?

Yeah, I do clash with my ESFP mother and brother and ISFJ father, but I don't think I can really say I dislike one particularly type. I think there are good and bad people for every type. I agree with you on having preferences though. I, for some reason, generally get along greatly with xxTP's and ESTJ's.

Lol well the possibilities thing is actually a function of perceiving and not of Ne as lots of people mistakenly believe. It can be Se or Ne so SP's and NP's are pretty good at seeing lots of possibilities, it's just the types of possibilities you see and where they lead you. There really wasn't anything in your initial post which gave the impression that you are future orientated. I only really noticed the present and possibly some past... with the future represented by being able to experience it... go to new countries and taste new food and photograph it... which are all very concrete focussed. I would expect Ne to be more about understanding new countries... so maybe getting involved with the language, researching the people and interacting with them, exploring it form the inside out...rather than the outside in... if that makes sense. Getting an authentic feel and trying utmost to understand the country... often Se will say 'whats the point in that'... and tbh sometimes quite rightly... but there is no actual point, it's knowledge seeking for knowledge alone, not to 'do' something with it or show it to others.

ESFP and ENFP are very similar, so can often find themselves in the same places exploring the same things... they are both fun loving types too. and also sometimes for the same reasons, but often the reason is what differs. Tbh I have reconsidered my self typing a lot since my initial self typing of ENFP... I do think I have a lot of ESFP tenancies... though I would do because ESFP and ENFP are similar. Both love to socialise... though ESFP will usually take the lead there... as ENFP often need alone time to recharge and ESFP's often will want to be in company most of the time. ISFP's love company but are less outgoing unless in intimate or known groups and will also spend more time alone than ESFP's (generally). Both love to experience new things. Of course am generalising a lot here and nuances abound. I think it would be good to hear from some ENFP's and some ESFP's and some ISFP's to give their tuppence worth... maybe also people who are used to interacting with all three.....:smile:

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lol well the possibilities thing is actually a function of perceiving and not of Ne as lots of people mistakenly believe. It can be Se or Ne so SP's and NP's are pretty good at seeing lots of possibilities, it's just the types of possibilities you see and where they lead you. There really wasn't anything in your initial post which gave the impression that you are future orientated. I only really noticed the present and possibly some past... with the future represented by being able to experience it... go to new countries and taste new food and photograph it... which are all very concrete focussed. I would expect Ne to be more about understanding new countries... so maybe getting involved with the language, researching the people and interacting with them, exploring it form the inside out...rather than the outside in... if that makes sense. Getting an authentic feel and trying utmost to understand the country... often Se will say 'whats the point in that'... and tbh sometimes quite rightly... but there is no actual point, it's knowledge seeking for knowledge alone, not to 'do' something with it or show it to others.

ESFP and ENFP are very similar, so can often find themselves in the same places exploring the same things... they are both fun loving types too. and also sometimes for the same reasons, but often the reason is what differs. Tbh I have reconsidered my self typing a lot since my initial self typing of ENFP... I do think I have a lot of ESFP tenancies... though I would do because ESFP and ENFP are similar. Both love to socialise... though ESFP will usually take the lead there... as ENFP often need alone time to recharge and ESFP's often will want to be in company most of the time. ISFP's love company but are less outgoing unless in intimate or known groups and will also spend more time alone than ESFP's (generally). Both love to experience new things. Of course am generalising a lot here and nuances abound. I think it would be good to hear from some ENFP's and some ESFP's and some ISFP's to give their tuppence worth... maybe also people who are used to interacting with all three.....:smile:

Hmm right now, after this, I am inclined to say xSFP with some ENFP tendencies. I am more concerned with experiencing it now. I would probably be that person that goes on a world trip, does amazing things, comes back and realizes she hasn't learned much about the culture or have spoken to locals. I do really enjoy rock climbing. Does that make me a stereotype? Jk XD I am interested in what others have to say indeed. Not that you aren't helpful, in fact please stay here, but I mean getting some extra inputs from people who have experienced all three :D My reasoning seems more Se concerned. I am glad someone picked that up. I don't like walking around mistyped because people think I wouldn't like Se. Speaking of which, those debunking stereotypes articles that Charity (funkymbtifiction) posts on Tumblr do some good justice. I hope people who are prejudiced will take them in :) Thank you :hug:

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Let me answer your thread with another thread.

Well, I appreciate you giving me a laugh, but I haven't settled yet?XD You think I am asking for the obvious, right? So far there have been two opinions on here which include NP and SFP, so I am not sure that has been cut out for me just yet ;) That thread though ...

facepalm_laugh.gif

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP 4w3 eh? Just please don't be too much like [MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], the forum can only handle so much, haha. I guess the way [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] put it about differentiating Se and Ne is key. Do you want to do things for the sake of learning about them, or for the sake of simply experiencing it? What does bother me about this, is it seems like Ne is basically Se+. I suppose one discrepency could be, Se's completely indluge in the moment and live it in order to live it without any sort of other thought in mind beyond focus on the sensory experience. Ne's are constantly considering what the experience is teaching them and how it generates more future possibilities for things, and are less likely fully present in that moment. I would almost be tempted to draw a model of how Se works with other function stackings vs how Ne works with other function stackings. For instance, an ISTP could have the same thought process as an INTP until the point where they need more information. So the ISTP seeks out sensory experience that aids their flow of rationale. The INTP wouldn't necessarily need to, if their Si is developed well enough, they could recall sensory experience to support the rationale, but if not they would use Ne filtered by Ti to test new ideas in the external world. Thinking about it linearly like this really leads me to confirm - INTPs are truly the theorist/scientists. Ti-Ne-Si works in an ordering that asks a question and debates it awhile, then tests new possibilities if necessary, and calls upon past ones.
Anyway, ESFP would still maintain the tertiary Te that seems so fitting. But is that good enough reason to suppose that you use Fi as well? What are some instances in which you feel you made decisions based on your feelings?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP 4w3 eh? Just please don't be too much like [MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], the forum can only handle so much, haha. I guess the way [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] put it about differentiating Se and Ne is key. Do you want to do things for the sake of learning about them, or for the sake of simply experiencing it? What does bother me about this, is it seems like Ne is basically Se+. I suppose one discrepency could be, Se's completely indluge in the moment and live it in order to live it without any sort of other thought in mind beyond focus on the sensory experience. Ne's are constantly considering what the experience is teaching them and how it generates more future possibilities for things, and are less likely fully present in that moment. I would almost be tempted to draw a model of how Se works with other function stackings vs how Ne works with other function stackings. For instance, an ISTP could have the same thought process as an INTP until the point where they need more information. So the ISTP seeks out sensory experience that aids their flow of rationale. The INTP wouldn't necessarily need to, if their Si is developed well enough, they could recall sensory experience to support the rationale, but if not they would use Ne filtered by Ti to test new ideas in the external world. Thinking about it linearly like this really leads me to confirm - INTPs are truly the theorist/scientists. Ti-Ne-Si works in an ordering that asks a question and debates it awhile, then tests new possibilities if necessary, and calls upon past ones.
Anyway, ESFP would still maintain the tertiary Te that seems so fitting. But is that good enough reason to suppose that you use Fi as well? What are some instances in which you feel you made decisions based on your feelings?

I don't even think that Se Dominance fits me, to be honest, nor Ne Dominance. I am pretty certain that the functions which are claimed to be Inferior in me, are stronger than everyone thinks functionally speaking.

Yes, I may behave like an ESFP, but function wise, I am almost certain than I am not one, but I also think my dominant function is Extroverted, because I dwell a lot outside of the realm within my mind.

At the end of the day, Se is a nice function to use, but dominance requires the patience to totally dwell and observe/act within the given moment of time. I am good at that, and I enjoy doing it, but I'm not a professional at it.

I also take into the account my enneagram type, loops and my overall functional usage. I am beginning to conclude that I am leaning towards an equal stance within the N/S, T/F and J/P ends of the scale (due to a strong, healthy usage of my Tertiary/Inferior functions, as well as my Dom/Auxiliary ones).
[MENTION=26522]Princess Marshmallow[/MENTION], a good way of defining Ne and Se is by ideas/sensations. Do you tend to pick up ideas from any one given moment and develop them in the future, or do you pick up sensations from the given moment and experience/ do things to complete jobs/indulge in the given moment?

Cries in Spanish

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
no
[MENTION=26522]Princess Marshmallow[/MENTION] SJs full of crap? :O I dare you to find an ISTJ who;s full of crap. I dare you, I double dare you ;)

Also, after reading this, maybe ESFP. Surely ExFP.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh replies! This makes me happy :D

Haha I don't know him/her, but it can't be that bad XD I want to expierence things to add them to my database of experiences/skills, but I enjoy doing them. I think a new skill experience/skill could never hurt. Maybe I'd need it someday. That's basically how I filter what I want to do, does it come in hand later? Will it help me in life? At the main time I better live in the moment when it's there.

Ehmm honestly. This is going to sound weird, but I always thought I used a thinker functions over a feeler function, because my decisions are rarely based on my emotions. I tend to look objectively and make my decisions based on how it would affect me in the future. I always stop and think my plan out. I rarely make a big decision in the spur of the moment, maybe when I am really pissed of, but even then my mind doesn't shut off like that.

I don't even think that Se Dominance fits me, to be honest, nor Ne Dominance. I am pretty certain that the functions which are claimed to be Inferior in me, are stronger than everyone thinks functionally speaking.

Yes, I may behave like an ESFP, but function wise, I am almost certain than I am not one, but I also think my dominant function is Extroverted, because I dwell a lot outside of the realm within my mind.

At the end of the day, Se is a nice function to use, but dominance requires the patience to totally dwell and observe/act within the given moment of time. I am good at that, and I enjoy doing it, but I'm not a professional at it.

I also take into the account my enneagram type, loops and my overall functional usage. I am beginning to conclude that I am leaning towards an equal stance within the N/S, T/F and J/P ends of the scale (due to a strong, healthy usage of my Tertiary/Inferior functions, as well as my Dom/Auxiliary ones).
[MENTION=26522]Princess Marshmallow[/MENTION], a good way of defining Ne and Se is by ideas/sensations. Do you tend to pick up ideas from any one given moment and develop them in the future, or do you pick up sensations from the given moment and experience/ do things to complete jobs/indulge in the given moment?

This is hard to answer. I try to life in the moment, it takes some effort though. I do pick up ideas fast, develop them later and then forget about them, unless they are really good or mind blowing. I never follow through with my ideas though. I do have a lot WIP's on my computer and laptop oh and on my phone. I feel like my mind isn't always there when I am doing something exciting and I find it hard to turn my mind off.

[MENTION=26522]Princess Marshmallow[/MENTION] SJs full of crap? :O I dare you to find an ISTJ who;s full of crap. I dare you, I double dare you ;)

Also, after reading this, maybe ESFP. Surely ExFP.

I said the stereotypes revolving SJ's are crap, not SJ's, if you read it more carefully and think back of our early conversations you would know ;) No but honestly, I didn't say or intend that. You know I love you weirdo.

This may help determine my cognitive progress:
In a debate I focus on the possibilities for change and then I focus on the logical application of it. Like, my friends tend to get mad at me when we are discussing matters, as they think I am heartless at certain points, while you should still consider logic. Let's talk about refugees (not from Syria, the ones that came before that), a lot come to The Netherlands and we discussed a new asylum seekers home opening in Den Bosch. I'll type this like, friend 1 is A (I think isfp), friend 2 (vertified infj) is B.

A: Have you heard they are opening a new asylum seekers home in Den Bosch?
B: Really? That's great.
Me: Guys, that isn't great! Think for a second. We could have done better things for them, like getting all countries involved, big countries, erasing all borders so there is more freedom and having less governments, buy an island so they can build an utopia in peace. There is a problem arising if we don't consider all possibilities and people clearly aren't thinking right now. We are a small country, yet they all go here, when there is enough land in both France and Germany and you know why? Because the Dutch government will take great care of them, they even get more money from insurance then most poor people do and the problem won't be fixed. Instead the population will grow massively, which I would usually say would be fun, as you know, more swings, parties, big party, okay. So at one point The Netherlands will be super crowded and people have to sleep on top of each other, which can be super fun, but no, we need to think. The government is single minded and don't go through the possibilities for the country and the asylum seekers and is making a huge mistake sticking to the 80's approach, not thinking about any consequences.
A: You must vote for Geert Wilders *angry glare*
Me: No, you are not listening! I do understand why people vote for him as he can make a small change with enough votes just to make them think! Why not build an island, why not make them a town of paper where there is land, why not fix the problem? Why not really look at who needs to stay specifically here and who can go to other countries. They are stubbornly sticking to what has always been done, building homes for those people, but not getting involved in the underlying problem or thinking of other options to improve this country.
B: Okay, okay, just shut up. You don't even seem to care about those people's feelings. It works this way.

*thinking: I was just exploring options passionately*

Me: Okay, just stick to the familiar, go watch the country flood and ignore it. You are just as bad as the government.

While my INTP brother gets this and we make up crazy ideas, but at least we are thinking, rather then just let the people be as they might get hurt when other options are explored. It's bullshit. They can come after. Okay, I am getting frustrated even writing this. This was actually a tuned down version, just imagine.

To me, a political issue should be solved like this: exploring possibilities & letting go of what worked in the past (it's called the past for a reason) > narrowing those down eventually > logical application > making it reality > hearing how people feel about this > maybe adjust some things, but don't be influenced too much or change when a better possibility comes to mind, improving.

Also me brainstorming:
k9xp94.png

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Adding new gathered data. I bolded what does apply to me in the xSFP and ENFP 'How to tell someone isn't ...' articles:

funkymbtifiction said:
ISFP
1. They are oblivious to their environment and its potential for action.
(Like all high-up Se users, ISFPs are tied directly to what is happening around them and see in that environment opportunities not only to act for their benefit, but ways to get others to interact as well. They enjoy coming up with exciting, adrenaline-driven activities and having others introduce them to new physical experiences.)

2. They devalue the experience itself in favor of its meaning.
(No, this is intuition dominating sensing; the ISFP values the experience itself as unique and wonderful but may or may not seek deeper internalized meaning from it. They speak in very straightforward terms, often valuing the sensations of an experience. ISFP writers may be overly descriptive because they want their reader to be fully immersed sensory-wise in their imaginary world.)

3. They never try out new things.
(Nope. ISFPs like to be in motion and live for new experiences. Many of them are naturally athletic and enjoy testing their body’s endurance through sports, gymnastics, ballet, etc. They will do something for awhile until it is no longer a challenge and then abandon it in favor of something else that holds their attention and engages their need for newness.)

4. They show their emotions to everyone and talk about their feelings.
(Uh-uh. If you do this or have an ISFP who does this, you’re dealing with an IXFJ. Fi-doms can control whether or not others see their feelings and choose whether or not to express them; the need to “vent,” talk to others about their feelings, or seek reassurance on decisions is more in the realm of Fe. ISFPs act on their emotions and share their grievances through Te-bluntness.)

5. Are not free-spirited.
(Rigidity, rules, or condemning other people’s freedom of choice is not something ISFPs do; they are fun-loving, open to any shift in their environment or unexpected development, and do not spend much time worrying about the future. They live fully in the moment because after all, tomorrow is another day.)

Many ISFPs are artistically-inclined and their natural sense of fashion and style lends itself easily to becoming professional designers. When competing against other personality types on Project Runway, ISFPs often win due to their ability to avoid repetition in design while keeping a cohesive overall sense of their unique personality and vision (Fi-Ni) apparent in their fashion lines.

2/5 points do apply to me from the signs that someone isn't ISFP, with that only being 2 I think there is still a chance I am ISFP.

funkymbtifiction said:
ESFP
1. They think constantly about the future.
(No. ESFPs live fully in the present. What matters the most to them is what they are doing and feeling right now. The only time the future preoccupies them is when they feel strongly that something is going to happen or want something so much that they cannot obsessing about how to make it happen. Se-doms have such great confidence in their ability to handle anything that typically the future doesn’t worry them much.)

2. They moralize to others or stand up for everyone / everything.
(This is more in the realm of Fe, which argues for the common good and social morality just so people can get along. ESFPs have specific causes, people, and things they care passionately about and only become truly energized in defending those things.Unless those things are challenged or they are asked to do something that violates their personal moral code, the ESFP will not moralize against or chastise others for their decisions.)

3. They value the past and try to preserve it.
(Nope. That’s an ESXJ. ESFPs have a detached and objective view of the past, not tinted through personalization in the way a Si-user sees the past. All that matters is this moment and what might happen next. The past is dead and unchanging, so not much emphasis is placed on it.)

4. They do not believe in acting on their feelings.
(Wrong. This would indicate a higher Te than the ESFP utilizes. Their natural philosophy of life is to be impulsive and in the moment, and to act on their emotions. You will not hear about their feelings at length so much as you will see them in action through the choices they make: what they pursue, what causes they champion, who they defend, what stance they take on what issues.)

5. They cannot “see and do.”
(ESFPs are quick to learn and are good at reproducing things. They are so attentive to their environment that they notice everything about it. Opportunities leap out at them and they have no problem leaping on them. My ESFP sister can look at an artistic element and duplicate it. High Se makes her this way.)

6. They are not decisive.
(Indecision accompanies Ne-users more than Se-users, because Se is paired with Ni — the desire to reach a firm truth based inside oneself or a specific path into the future to accomplish a visualized outcome. ESFPs are decisive because of their high Te. They know what they want and set out to get it.)

ESFPs are colorful personalities, always eager to try out new things, to test their physical limits, and often extremely artistic and creative. They test limits, push others out of their comfort zones, and are good at snappy comebacks.

5/6 points that indicate someone isn't ESFP do apply to me. I think ESFP is doubtable.

funkymbtifiction said:
ENFP
1. Other people’s moral choices bother them.
(Nope. Being non-judgmental and open minded is a hallmark of ENFPs, who believe everyone has reasons for their behavior and a right to choose what makes them happy. If anything, they will go out of their way to avoid passing moral judgment on other people’s personal decisions. For example, a friend married to an ENFP said that she was the only person at the table not to pipe up with a “wow, what a jackass!” condemnation when talking about the actions of someone else. Ne-Fi sees so many possible explanations for behavior it doesn’t want to pass judgment.)

2. They love to see their ideas through from concept to actualization.
(This is a strong indicator of type; it’s the J’s who care most about actually implementing their ideas in the real world. For a Ne-dom, the brainstorming process, the excitement of the IDEA of doing something, the visualization of what something COULD BE, is the most fun. Once they get into the details of the project, and all the boring, tedious responsibilities that come along with starting a business or revitalizing a company, the ENFP loses interest … because that’s dull. Details are not their thing. They want to be engaging and sharing their ideas, not researching or handing in tax forms.)

3. Switching topics or a sudden change in circumstances frustrates them.
(Hahaha, nope. The ENFP will be the one LEADING this sudden shift in conversation as their Ne takes them in unexpected directions. They do not mind abandoning the subject or derailing it to explore other side thoughts or abstractions. Think every conversation anyone has ever had with Lorelai Gilmore. They’re multi-taskers, last-minute people, and usually have a dozen different things going on at the same time.)

4. They get into everything for the long term.
(Nope. People, places, hobbies, and ideas hold value only as long as their Ne sees the potential for ideas, growth, abstractions, and meaning in it; once that is gone, or they see that the case is hopeless and the object unchanging, Ne is done with it. It’s fun while it lasts but once they’ve explored and exhausted it, it’s natural for an ENFP to drop it and move on to the next thing that catches their fancy.)

5. They make their decisions based on other people’s desires.
(Fi-users do not do this; they do what they believe is right and think that, because they would rather ignore or avoid something they don’t like that other types should do this as well. If you do not like their art, their writing, their behavior, or their beliefs, you can choose to walk away from it. They will not adapt or soften themselves to make you happy.)

ENFPs are highly creative, animated and engaging personalities, an explosion of ideas that are novel but often unrealistic. Not that they mind — the conception of an idea and the discussion of it, the mere idea of doing it, is more than enough to make them happy.

0/5 apply to me, which indicates I do not posses any qualities to not consider ENFP.

After this ENFP is most likely, ISFP could also be, but doubtable and ESFP is highly doubtable after this. I think I don't grasp Se as well to be a high Se user. My INTP brother and most of friends say high Se doesn't fit me and they don't see it. My brother used the words : "You are not bad ass at all, you pee your pants when you go on a roller coaster of me, you are not a doer, you hate working with your hands and getting them dirty. You aren't reckless either. You are way too pussy for ESFP." Like thanks man, I love you as well. My friend from France laughed at it and said I don't even use Se from what he has observed. Thanks for cheering me guys XD Those arguments are really the nicest ever *insert sarcastic tone here*. If 99% of my closest friends don't see it, I think xSFP is doubtable. I am still open to arguments and suggestions. I am not settled on ENFP either. I am just getting even more clueless. I have been researching every single piece of information I could find for almost a year now and I can't even type myself. It sucks.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Adding new gathered data. I bolded what does apply to me in the xSFP and ENFP 'How to tell someone isn't ...' articles:

2/5 points do apply to me from the signs that someone isn't ISFP, with that only being 2 I think there is still a chance I am ISFP.

5/6 points that indicate someone isn't ESFP do apply to me. I think ESFP is doubtable.

0/5 apply to me, which indicates I do not posses any qualities to not consider ENFP.

After this ENFP is most likely, ISFP could also be, but doubtable and ESFP is highly doubtable after this. I think I don't grasp Se as well to be a high Se user. My INTP brother and most of friends say high Se doesn't fit me and they don't see it. My brother used the words : "You are not bad ass at all, you pee your pants when you go on a roller coaster of me, you are not a doer, you hate working with your hands and getting them dirty. You aren't reckless either. You are way too pussy for ESFP." Like thanks man, I love you as well. My friend from France laughed at it and said I don't even use Se from what he has observed. Thanks for cheering me guys XD Those arguments are really the nicest ever *insert sarcastic tone here*. If 99% of my closest friends don't see it, I think xSFP is doubtable. I am still open to arguments and suggestions. I am not settled on ENFP either. I am just getting even more clueless. I have been researching every single piece of information I could find for almost a year now and I can't even type myself. It sucks.

Ok, but the things that you didn't see with ESFP I did see in your first posts and very strongly. You even talked about them and how you related so I'm a bit confused. I thought it was one of the most obvious cases for Se I have noted on this forum, which is why I offered the suggestion. I mostly just go with what people believe themselves to be as I don't really want to cause friction and after all people know themselves best.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, but the things that you didn't see with ESFP I did see in your first posts and very strongly. You even talked about them and how you related so I'm a bit confused. I thought it was one of the most obvious cases for Se I have noted on this forum, which is why I offered the suggestion. I mostly just go with what people believe themselves to be as I don't really want to cause friction and after all people know themselves best.

I am confused as well. I just ... I identified with being ESTP for seven months. I could see high Se, it bothers me that the people who know me best say otherwise. I am sure of ExFP. Maybe my questionnaire don't represent me well. I have no clue. Negus said my questionnaire screamed ExFP, but he could not see Se, even after arguments. He says that if I did use Se it would be inferior. He is writing a post now to convince me I couldn't be higher Se. Someone is pretty determined ... I wonder what [MENTION=26521]Cries in Spanish[/MENTION] has to say after giving it a night as we talk a lot as well. It is not that the idea of ESFP is off putting, in facts ESxP's are my favorite type of people. If my friends could see it, I would just change my type to ESFP. That and that tell sign list are the only things stopping me from doing that. My INTP brother has known me for 15 years now and he has recently gotten into Jung's functions (yay) and he can't see ESxP either and it's confusing me. Hdjdassdjasadjsdmjdsmmddms *sigh*.