• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wanna help me type my Auxiliary Function ? IXFP

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am having difficulties typing my Aux. Function.

S wise growing up I played football and lacrosse, rode dirtbikes, play(ed) guitar and Trained in Muay Thai and I love to snowboard which is 1 of my favorite things to do though I rarely do it. I remember playing in the mud as a youngin because of the feeling - I use to wrestle whenever I could I loved wwe and all that came with it video games and make believe with friends and when I could get my dad to do it -Also on that note I use to get my dad to play what we called fantasy football which All i remember was we would play against each other and lightly tackle each other because I always desired to be able to tackle and to experience being tackled because it made things feel real and I like the feeling of tackling some1 the sensations and it was fun, but later I realized I don't want to hit anybody like that no honor (fi stuff) but inside I still know that it is really fun to do it. I have always been fast and surprisingly strong for my size. When Ever I got or get into the Zone I can't put my finger on whether it is Depersonalization where I feel like the wind (Se) or a Numbing where I only feel my self (Si) but either way I always feel like I can make, do, or create anything I want happen in the present moment and I get extremely playful while doing so because I appreciate a sense of style. I enjoy numbers i think they can be fun actually even though I have complained about them because math class is always pretty boring but solving things can be fun for me like yeah I solved it and I know because I can check the answer. Sometimes getting the basic Idea allows me to solve a bunch of similar equations (Ni) but also the more equations I am expose to I can be like oh this reminds me of that equation (Si)

Clothing wise I have always dressed according to what I'm interested in which changes so in middle school I was really into west coast apparel then I got really into lacrosse and I started dressing myself in that aesthetic style of clothing. Then i got really into river phoenix and jeff buckley and into an earthy style of dress and it goes on.

On the note my changing interests. I played lacrosse from 6th grade to 12th. Football from 3-8th. I rode DirtBikes from age 3-8th grade. I have played guitar since I was 13ish. I acted after high school And I am now 22. I consciously decided to stop these things because I felt I had reached a level of experience points and I knew what it would take to level up and I said no to that because I wasn't enjoying it anymore and did not desire to work to level up. <- input on whether you think that is Ni/Se or Ne/Si would be great because I just came up with that and that is how I think a lot of the time. Also I feel like I saw the archetype of that interest and I didn't want to be that.

A recent thought I had which I don't know wether it is Se/Ni or Si/Ne is actually about them.
I feel like Ne is a pair of boots that finds its self in a field of platforms and it picks a platform and it walks all around it leaving its foot prints everywhere finding connections and possibities opportuinites ect until it can't find any space without its footprints and then it jumps to a new platform and on it goes.

I feel like Ni is like a drill that drills down into a cylindrical concrete object and it will drill for a little bit and then stop and wait for you to put more gas into it (subjective ideas) and then it starts drilling again until it hits the bottom. After it hits bottom it lifts ups and looks for a new cylinder to drill

Also I notice when people change something in their appearance like a haircut or new clothes ect. which feels (Se) to me but I also will be like you remind me of some1 I know that whole (Si)
Sometimes I want to walk around the whole room and touch everything and pick up everything like what's this and what is it like and play off my impulses (Se) or I just realize how this room reminds a previous room and I'll ramble off on some tangent (Si)

When I look at pictures

Lastly, I love to experience all types of things. I love to experience new things as long as Fi allows and I love to just experience in general. I don't know if this is Ne or Se. When I'm out of my mind and just in the moment that is where I feel like me the most- the moment not actually me and making things happen that rush is amazing and it
I am just going to finish this because I feel their is ample data here to dissect and ask me ANY questions I really want to get down to the bottom of this.

Thanks

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se. Your expression is concrete and you describe your identity in terms of first-hand experience.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Ne wants to experience meanings, Se isn't concerned with meanings and just wants to experience tangible things. Ne when going on adventures looks for possibilities (a light that can shoot death rays? cool I want to find it!) and will want to see all the possible outcomes to the subject (what if the light can burn the sun, or can be attached to a gun as a city destroying amplifier?) Se looks for sensations ( a light that can shoot death rays? count me in! I want to see what it feels like to touch it and I wouldn't mind the sight seeing along the way) and Se would be more focused on one thing (this death ray can probably be used to my advantage) you seem way more Se than Ne. You seem to be more interested in sensations than testing out ideas and discovering meanings. I think the change what you wear based on your ever changing interests is more of an example of Fi than Ne as well. Any dom or aux Pe user can vary in interests and paths for the sake of novelty. Both are adventure seeking, both want novelty. The main difference is that Ne is possibilities, ideas, and meanings and Se is sensation and raw experiences. A Ne user would enjoy fighting for the possibility or heroic elements of being victorious and a Se user would love every minute of it. Se loves the moment itself, while Ne loves the context of the moment and the near future possibilities. Ultimately, nothing we say about you is going to determine you type. All we can do is make a hypothesis based on your behavior and the way you communicate. You are the only one that can make an accurate conclusion of your type once you understand the functions and how they work. Good luck and if you are still confused, I would watch the16types videos for the ISFP and the INFP, and they should shed some greater insight than I can. They will talk with you about all four functions, including the last two, and sometimes the only way to determine you auxiliary function is to determine your tertiary function. I can give you a quick description of Si and Ni to start with:
Ni wants a predictable understanding of the future and wants to synthesize that into a single worldview or vision. Ni has a certain drive to accomplish goals, and that is probably the belief that it essential for the future to unfold to accomplish that goal. Ni enjoys having it's most likely prediction being right and is probably the most abstract function. as a tertiary function, I would imagine Ni being a recreational engagement rather than a necessity for well being. An ISFP would probably view Ni as a way to get insights for their creations and won't regard it with the utmost importance. Si on the other hand is way more concrete, and is oriented to the past rather than the long term future. Si trusts past experiences as a guide of how to live, to improve themselves, and to prepare for what lies ahead. As a tertiary function, I would imagine it being regard as just another way to utilize information rather than as the ultimate guide. INFPs would enjoy thinking about their past memories good or bad, but wouldn't care much for it in everyday decisions, viewing it as too mundane and predictable. I hope this helped.

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you OrangeAppled for both of your posts. Your simple statement really hit home with me. I made a bit of a bias post towards Se but my idea was for after people reading my post they would be like Yes you are describing Se experiences in your life, but in an Ne-Si way or yes that is Se at work.

So I'm curious you being an INFP how do you describe your identity?

j colour

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you Flybylikeahurricane I like the death ray analogy. I would rather experience using it first and see what it looks like, who made it where it come from how does it work and what is it going to be used for and then how can we use it to our advantage (with fi defining what advantage is)