• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've given up on it, but take any further discussion on my type here

DreamBeliever's type

• ESFP

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ISFP

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • INFJ

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ENTP

• INTP

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• ENTJ

• INTJ

• Type 1

• Type 2

• Type 3

• Type 4

• Type 5

• Type 6

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Type 7

• Type 8

• Type 9

• Total voters

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
I'm not so sure, though. Aren't Fi users more fixed in their identity? A lot of times I feel like I have a different personality around different people. I once tried explaining that concept to an infp, & they acted like I was speaking a foreign language. lol
The bolded part: do you think that "changing personalities" is natural and easy for you or is it something you have learned doing and find it eventually draining?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I should call on some Fi users to give their 2 cents. [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] You're either an Fi dom or aux, do you feel like who you are/your personality is more static or malleable?

I think it's malleable in that I'm able to make change and achieve personal growth within myself. I can stretch my comfort zone. But there's some core of my true nature that will always be there. I'll always be me, but I can improve and nourish that me to be even better.

I'm able to act differently in different situations, not because I'm fake, but because sometimes the situation calls for it. I don't act the same way around young children as I do around my friends. I wouldn't act the same in a job interview as I would lounging around at home. I'm most myself when I'm alone or with friends--basically, a casual and familiar setting. I get more uncomfortable and less myself when I'm, say, greeting a much older person I don't know. All the restrained social niceties I have to settle with is pretty tiring. Because I'm not able to let loose into my own skin.

I'm perfectly capable of being the social chameleon--I attribute that to the 3 wing and so-dominant instinct. But I don't. Usually I make friends because they love who I am. My unique self seems to endear people of all different kinds, so I don't feel I need to be someone else. Besides, I'm the only me there is. I should grow in to the skin I was given, not try to weld it in to someone else's.

Does that help? :)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think you use Se and are a feeler. I haven't seen any Ne leaps in you (at least from forum behavior). I used to think E, but you could be I as well. I would consider 2, 6, 7, or 9.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] I do feel like I'm not myself after being with some friends for awhile. It's why I need to learn to avoid negative people. It's like they're energies start to rub off on me.

I wish I was better at typing people, man. Maybe you are Fe. All I can say with confidence is that you're a feeler. :)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I've been muddling over 6w7 2w3 8w? for my tritype lately. I can see 2ish qualities in me, but probably not as my core. 6 makes a lot of sense, & I'm probably more on the cp side, but I'm not sure I seek security. 7 fits me, accept that I'm not sure if I'm as optimistic as 7s are portrayed to be. I see 9ish qualities in me, too, but I think I'm too reactive, I don't really need harmony above all else, & I'm sometimes anything but afraid of confrontation. Just my analysis of myself. I most think waayyy too much.

6 probably fits...7 wing as well. Maybe 6w5s are more serious and can seem sp-dominant. If you're seeing 9 traits but are more reactive, maybe consider 9w8 or 8w9. 2w3 over 2w1 probably.

Sweeping generalization: xSFP 6w7 - 2w3 - 8w9/9w8 sx/so

I've tried to give as many analyses as possible on your type (Enneagram, MBTI, instinctual variant). :) Hopefully I've helped you out a little.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, I've posted in this thread before! Or have I?

I've never seen you as an Fi type, [MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION]. I think you're some kind Si, Ne, Fe, Ti type.

BUT I'm gonna look at what all I've missed 'cause I don't even remember where I got the above impression from.

Agree wholeheartedly with 6w7.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
[MENTION=23239]MyCupOfTea[/MENTION] Did you have any thoughts for my type? Was my response helpful?
Hmm. Things that feel natural to you might give you tips concerning your type.

I would have answered to my question that while I can and somewhat do alter my behavior and presence between situations it's learned social skill for me rather than natural state. And the same time there is "me" beneath it, all the time. If I lose the touch with myself, it causes some kind of identity crisis (and that happens every now and then, I guess that's also part of me in a some quirky kind of way).

I don't know, you could be Fe after all. Or maybe at least not Fi dom.

If you asked the ones who really know you the best describe you with a few words what is that they say?

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
I'm able to act differently in different situations, not because I'm fake, but because sometimes the situation calls for it. I don't act the same way around young children as I do around my friends. I wouldn't act the same in a job interview as I would lounging around at home. I'm most myself when I'm alone or with friends--basically, a casual and familiar setting. I get more uncomfortable and less myself when I'm, say, greeting a much older person I don't know. All the restrained social niceties I have to settle with is pretty tiring. Because I'm not able to let loose into my own skin.
I feel the same.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could buy ESFP. In a Socionics sense, you seem to be focused on what you want and can acquire (aka all these threads you've made seem to be an effort to squeeze a definitive type for yourself out of the community). Plus I feel like you're already leanings towards ESFP and just want other people to confirm it for you so you might as well go with that. :shrug:

6w7 works. I don't buy you as a sexual 6 though. Or even with just the sexual-first type, I don't see the fatal attraction towards people or concepts. And you don't seem to intimately engage people on here either. And if it is there I don't see it being the one stressor that dictates the way your life is run. Sexual 6 counterphobia can also feel like full-frontal assault, forcing potential threats into submission so they can never pose danger to its sense of security. And that would only be emphasized even more if you are 8-fixed. With you I get a sense of flip-flopping between backing down and standing up for yourself.

What I do see concern for is mapping your way through communities and trying to find the place where you stand. And take this as non-offensively as possible, some of your videos in the past have seem more like performances where you try to play your given part rather than a free-flow stream of thoughts (I've said the same thing to [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] who, coincidentally, also happens to identify as social-dom). Looking back on your first video challenge, the fact that you had music running in the background which connected smoothly with the question "do you like loud or soft music" seemed at least semi-consciously planned and served towards the goal of projecting an image you want to create to others. And to me it seems like that could be because you want your social 'role' to be set in stone with whoever sees it so you can establish for yourself where you lie with others. Think of it like a "you are here" point on a map that provides you with the security of knowing where you are and where to go.

^I also think all of that could also be why you seem SFJ to both me and others sometimes.

Since you identify with sx more than sp, 6w7 so/sx.