• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J vs P

Kas

Fabula rasa
Hello! I’m not sure which MTBI type I am, cannot decide between J and P. I didn’t have access to books about personality types yet, so I read as much as I found online. The fact that I can’t define myself is giving me a headache so I appreciate help :)

Please don’t mind my mistakes, I’m not native speaker.

The questionnaire to let you know sth about me:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
J/P

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Understanding of the world and myself ;), good relations (friendship, family, love), learning new things and ideas, being good in what I do, independence, doing sth I consider important, helping others, traveling, being creative. I ‘m a dreamer, often I yearn to much.
Why these things? Hmmm they make me happy, give me the drive.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Having many things to do, having some purpose I suppose, making sth I’m proud of

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I show my lack of knowledge about something- I often feel like a fool. People treating me in disrespectful way, attacking what I believe or simply me (honestly I may be oversensitive sometimes).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always make full research about everything, think about pro-cons etc otherwise I don’t feel that I’m able to make the decision. But in the end my feelings often are more important than facts. And yes peoples opinion is very important to me (mainly people close to me), but I make opinion based on what I think even if it bothers me what they may think of me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I take charge only when there is no one else to do it ( I prefer to stay in the background), but I like to have some significant contribution to the job. I mean that if I do a project with somebody and I make like 30%, I don’t feel that the project is mine.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Many things are fun. Traveling mostly. Time I spent with my friends. I think I use to idealize my memories a bit.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I prefer to learn new things alone. Then I like to discuss them with others.
I learn best reading things or just in practice (depending on what I’m learning about). Learning by listening, for example lectures, is interesting but I don’t remember so much this way. And I need to understand before I memorize otherwise I forget everything at once.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Hmm... I think I’m not very organized, but it depends. I have calendar and put there things which must be done before I forget ;) I like to do spontaneously things for fun, but if it’s about job I prefer to have a deadline (it’s easier to motivate myself). I make strict plans rarely, only when I really have much work, but when I make one I stick to it.
My room is usually one big mess in which usually (paradox) I can find things with ease. On the other hand I have books put on shelves by subject and authors, clothes are in perfect order, there is no mess in my computer and in my e-mail box.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it. That’s all the fun :)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Both, which occasionally can be a problem. If I need to choose being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speak and prefer communication one-on-one or in small groups. I don’t like speaking in front of many people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Often I want to know, but sometimes I just jump. Actions speaks more than words. I usually have difficulty with talking about feelings so I just let actions speak.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I go out with my friends. I can watch the show later.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Outside I’m calm, inside I’m panicking.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are aloof and intolerant, people who likes conflicts.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like talking with all kinds of people, people I know or I just met. I enjoy discussing about books, plays, music, movies, sport. Even more I like talking about ideas and believes but rather with people I know very well.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I would say money, but recently I found out that independence and having hobbies actually costs money( I know quite a discovery). Anyway I may be impractical sometimes.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
As cheerful, caring,funny, helpful person, good listener and some see me as a stoic. The last isn’t true, but I don’t show negative emotions until that is too much and then there is a burst. No many have seen, no many knows.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Reading, meeting my friends, having a walk or running. Going to the theater or to the concert (best rock or jazz) would be great :)

Wow what a confession I made… So what do you think?
I’m pretty certain about INFx , I lean towards P, but well… not sure about that one.

BTW any books that you recommend to the freshman?

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=24824]Kas[/MENTION] here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

What is "sth"?

The reason that you cannot decide between J and P is because you see yourself as having strong beliefs that you are not willing to compromise, while at the same time you do not see yourself as someone that makes decisions easily.
Is the above statement true? Please elaborate.

Tell us about your personal values.

Do you gain energy by being around people and lose it when you are by yourself, or do you lose energy when around people and gain it back when you are by yourself?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Understanding of the world and myself , good relations (friendship, family, love), learning new things and ideas, being good in what I do, independence, doing sth I consider important, helping others, traveling, being creative. I ‘m a dreamer, often I yearn to much.
Why these things? Hmmm they make me happy, give me the drive.
What are the new things and ideas that you like learning? You say that you are a dreamer, what do you dream about?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Having many things to do, having some purpose I suppose, making sth I’m proud of
What kind of purpose are you referring to?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Does this mean that you want to be true to your own beliefs?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like talking with all kinds of people, people I know or I just met. I enjoy discussing about books, plays, music, movies, sport. Even more I like talking about ideas and believes but rather with people I know very well.
Tell us about the ideas and beliefs that you like talking about with people that you know well.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Thank you for answer :)

Sth means something , well maybe it’s abbreviation used only in textbooks…

The reason that you cannot decide between J and P is because you see yourself as having strong beliefs that you are not willing to compromise, while at the same time you do not see yourself as someone that makes decisions easily.
Generally it’s true. It is important to me to be true to what I think and I don’t like when people try to manipulate me and I can be stubborn. On the other hand I think many of my opinions are still not settled and I’m open to rethink them. I don’t really fight for what I believe as well (I don’t like conflicts) when somebody doesn’t respect my opinion, I tend to just leave it and avoid the topic. And yes, It's difficult for me to make decision.

Tell us about your personal values.
I value loyalty, people (friendship, love, family), knowledge, tolerance, happiness, health

Do you gain energy by being around people and lose it when you are by yourself, or do you lose energy when around people and gain it back when you are by yourself?
I like to spend time with people but after that (even when I had great time)I’m tired and need some time to myself.

What are the new things and ideas that you like learning?
Anything interesting. I always liked science. My favourite subject at school was mathematic. It was very logical and there was something I really liked in describing everything in numbers. My second favourite was chemistry. Something I was always interested in is astronomy, I wanted to be astronaut when I was a kid, now maybe not astronaut ;) but still I like to learn about universe. It’s beautiful for me. The other interest of mine are philosophy, and literature. If it is about philosophy I cannot tell there is one I agree with but I enjoy reading about different philosophies. It is both logical and creative. I like also learning about different cultures and that is probably one of the reasons I like to travel.
I also like learning some more practical skills like playing guitar, crocheting, cooking :). I like creative things like playing music, writing, drawing too, but honestly I’m not very good at it. It helps me to relax though.

You say that you are a dreamer, what do you dream about?
The dreaming can be my escape. I have rather vivid imagination, when I’m tired of my day there is always in my mind this place where I have a script for next episode of the favorite series or scenario of what could happen in this book I’m reading if main character would do this and that...
The second thing is that I like to think about the future, where can I go, what can I do, the possibilities. Sometimes these are just possible things that might happen in future, some of them are rather imposibe…

I think I used too big word ;) I like something to be happening in my life. I liked it when I took part in some helping people project ( it made me feel useful ) and also I liked some projects connected to art- like theatre (I miss that very much).

Does this mean that you want to be true to your own beliefs?
Yes

Tell us about the ideas and beliefs that you like talking about with people that you know well.
How they see the world, are they happy, what is important for them, what they want to do in the future, how might they do it, what they think is right and wrong, what could be changed for better. I think I’m more serious with people I know better.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP.

You have some INTP traits and some ENFP traits as well.
I say INFP, but theoretically, you could be anything NP.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here is my assessment of your type.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I show my lack of knowledge about something- I often feel like a fool. People treating me in disrespectful way, attacking what I believe or simply me (honestly I may be oversensitive sometimes).
Seems F.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always make full research about everything, think about pro-cons etc otherwise I don’t feel that I’m able to make the decision. But in the end my feelings often are more important than facts. And yes peoples opinion is very important to me (mainly people close to me), but I make opinion based on what I think even if it bothers me what they may think of me.
Seems F.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I prefer to learn new things alone. Then I like to discuss them with others.
I learn best reading things or just in practice (depending on what I’m learning about). Learning by listening, for example lectures, is interesting but I don’t remember so much this way. And I need to understand before I memorize otherwise I forget everything at once.
Seems I.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it. That’s all the fun
Seems T.

Seems FP.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speak and prefer communication one-on-one or in small groups. I don’t like speaking in front of many people.
Seems I.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are aloof and intolerant, people who likes conflicts.
Seems F.

Generally it’s true. It is important to me to be true to what I think and I don’t like when people try to manipulate me and I can be stubborn. On the other hand I think many of my opinions are still not settled and I’m open to rethink them. I don’t really fight for what I believe as well (I don’t like conflicts) when somebody doesn’t respect my opinion, I tend to just leave it and avoid the topic. And yes, It's difficult for me to make decision.
Seems FP.

I like to spend time with people but after that (even when I had great time)I’m tired and need some time to myself.
Seems I.

What are the new things and ideas that you like learning?
Anything interesting. I always liked science. My favourite subject at school was mathematic. It was very logical and there was something I really liked in describing everything in numbers. My second favourite was chemistry. Something I was always interested in is astronomy, I wanted to be astronaut when I was a kid, now maybe not astronaut but still I like to learn about universe. It’s beautiful for me. The other interest of mine are philosophy, and literature. If it is about philosophy I cannot tell there is one I agree with but I enjoy reading about different philosophies. It is both logical and creative. I like also learning about different cultures and that is probably one of the reasons I like to travel.
I also like learning some more practical skills like playing guitar, crocheting, cooking . I like creative things like playing music, writing, drawing too, but honestly I’m not very good at it. It helps me to relax though.
Seems T and seems N.

I think I used too big word I like something to be happening in my life. I liked it when I took part in some helping people project ( it made me feel useful ) and also I liked some projects connected to art- like theatre (I miss that very much).
Seems F.

I believe you are IFP. The N vs S preference is not that obvious, but since you are fairly certain about INFx, I would say that your type is INFP.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I'm sure I'm IN. The tests confused me a bit because I kept getting INFJ while I saw myself more as a perceptive type.
That is true I can identify with some INTP traits, but taking it all together I think INFP is most accurate. Thanks for help