• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I survive in this world?

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I won't pretend that I can immediately categorize your type just from a couple posts (I can guess, but it's not quite that important to what I'm going to say now), but I can definitely give you advice.

Number one? You need to figure out where you feel the most comfortable. It can be a place, situation, group of friends, anything. Then, do something to push yourself out of your comfort zone; I will guarantee that, since you are able to find emotional stimulation in the littlest things (a rare gift: not a lot of people are able to notice the beauty of the world around them), you will learn to love the new, exciting feelings you will experience from discovering what the world truly has to offer you.

My next bit of advice will surprise you, but I would then say that you need to get out of your own head. Why? Well, while introspection is a wonderful way to get acquainted with yourself and your own place in the world, it seems that you are just a tiny bit down on yourself. I could be wrong, of course, but that's the feeling that I'm getting from the way you're posting at the moment. Speaking from personal experience, the worst thing you can do when you're feeling that way is to continue thinking about it, simply because your brain is only going to direct itself further down the same path. It's a vicious cycle, and it can be a while before you get back where you really want to be if your negative thoughts and emotions are left unchecked. Instead, try to surround yourself with things that will make you happier; if that doesn't work, try and do something that will make you happier, instead. Sometimes, the feeling of accomplishing something that you can take pride in is just what you need to put yourself back on top.

The last bit of advice I'd have to give you is more or less what Litvyak already said; loosen up, go out, and get laid (believe me, you will feel a lot better once you do)! Social situations are nothing to be afraid of; most people out there are just as nervous meeting new people as you might be, so they're likely spending all their time in their own heads, worrying just what you're thinking about them. No, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enjoying your own company (I find myself needing to take breaks from people every now and then), but like all things in life, balance is key.

(By the way, if you were wondering, I'd put you as an INFJ. The INF part I think is pretty obvious, as for the J, I'm not too sure why, but I'm definitely getting that vibe from you, somehow :shrug: )

Again I would like to thank you. The advice you gave me was very helpful, and maybe you are right, maybe I should stop introspecting. For a while I felt kind of lost and I felt like I conformed to some peoples ideas of me, and what I put out there and showed. I am really always in my head thinking about everything, so even when I didn't think about myself and I felt lost I was still thinking about myself just not all the way. You are probably right about the comfort zone thing, I've taken baby steps for that. I can't really loosen up, because I get very hyper and playful when I am by myself, I can go out and hangout with people, but it isn't necessarily fun, but feels more of a task. As for the laid part again, I will keep in mind.

INFJ could be very possible, so can INFP, but how would I know if I using Fi or Ni first?

Also please nothing vague about Ni or anything on Fi about being morals and value, because I get that, but how would I know if I am doing either?

Thanks again for your kind words. :D