• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What MBTI and/or Enneagram do I sound like?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
But see, if asked by someone to "describe" the cup, I would first wonder why they want me to since they can see what it looks like. My understanding of "describe" is to tell about how something physically looks. I don't interpret it that way. That's what the word means.

Fine-tune a definition? I go off of definitions, I don't make them. I look things up to find the definition. How would I answer that?
I find this interesting. I'm much less strict with definitions of things. For example, I think "describe" means whatever the person being asked to "describe" something interprets it to mean. If I tell you to describe something and you don't interpret that the way I meant and you do something different than I wanted, then I should have used a different word or elaborated more. It doesn't really matter what I think the word means.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I find this interesting. I'm much less strict with definitions of things. For example, I think "describe" means whatever the person being asked to "describe" something interprets it to mean. If I tell you to describe something and you don't interpret that the way I meant and you do something different than I wanted, then I should have used a different word or elaborated more. It doesn't really matter what I think the word means.

I think this is a key difference between judging functions Ti v Fi.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Interesting. So what does that tell us about Idec Sdawkminn? What can we narrow him down to now?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think people are confusing matters for you, Idec.

None of this stuff has anything to do with type.

Post a video!

Then we shall see.....

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That's probably true... bring on the video!

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
LOL you guys. This is great.

Okay, so I was thinking last night about the video and what I should talk about. I looked at Youtube MBTI videos, but only found a few. I then found this sticky about posting a video and what questions to answer during it. I did a practice run last night, then got to the question asking what you think about and I talked about what I daydream about and got into it and that answer alone would take up the whole 10 minutes of the Youtube limit. I was thinking I could just have the video contain that, but I become much more dramatic and passionate when explaining my daydreams. It might be an inaccurate indicator of my type. Hmm. Maybe if I answer a couple questions first, then get into that so people can see the change?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh? Does that mean I observe things for a long time to determine what is generally accepted as true? Or does that mean looking at a graph that spans a good amount of time to see what trends I see?
Generally the former.

Fine-tune a definition? I go off of definitions, I don't make them. I look things up to find the definition. How would I answer that?
I think that's a no. Fine-tuning definitions means that you try to expand your knowledge of a given concept, and try to make it fit into your own logical framework (think of it in you own words), rather than simply taking note of the definition.

In sync? The only thing I can think of is if something is moving and I move in sync with it. I'm not usually around things that are moving. Maybe like if someone else and I are going to run into each other and I move out of the way or something. I don't know how to gauge this.
This one means that you basically automatically know where things are and you can easily coordinate yourself with your environment. It is indeed mostly related to motion, but not entirely.

Those are just some examples. Anyway, the first results were ISTJ. Then I changed some things that I thought maybe I didn't answer correctly and got ISTP. I was told at INTPc by one member that I was INFP. F because I wanted him to read a story I wrote. He later changed it to INFJ because they are supposedly really good at appearing to be INTP. I'll have to look into the cognitive processes more.
That guy sounds like an idiot, but reading about cog processes is a good idea. ;)

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Generally the former.
Hmm. Would this mean looking stuff up for several days about the same topic to get a better understanding of it? I'm just trying to fully understand the question so I can accurately and honestly answer it.

I think that's a no. Fine-tuning definitions means that you try to expand your knowledge of a given concept, and try to make it fit into your own logical framework (think of it in you own words), rather than simply taking note of the definition.
Well, I do try to expand my own knowledge on a given concept. I think "definition" to mean the definition of a word, though; something you can't really change.

This one means that you basically automatically know where things are and you can easily coordinate yourself with your environment. It is indeed mostly related to motion, but not entirely.
Ah. So like when I would walk to and from work while reading a book and know where each sidewalk ended and the new one began and when a car might be trying to turn where I was walking or when something like a bike was in the middle of the sidewalk and I'd walk around it without losing my place. I remember intentionally doing that. I was walking and saw a bike up ahead and glanced up at it and also saw my neighbors there. I went back to reading as I approached it and could tell my neighbors were watching. I got a good idea of where it was so I wouldn't have to look up and I could walk around it looking like I didn't even look up at it. Just as I hoped, my neighbors were impressed and fully expected me to trip over it since it looked like I didn't even notice it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to comprehend what I was reading at the time, though.

I was looking at the cognitive processes and it looks like describing the physical cup in detail is Se whereas it invoking memories and what it reminds me of is Si.

Still gotta do that video. I've been sick, though. I'm always the last to get sick. Everyone got diarrhea, threw up, got achy, got really tired, and had 102 fevers that lasted a couple days. I had diarrhea one time, never threw up, got a slight headache, got really tired, and no fever and it lasted at most one day. Go figure.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. Would this mean looking stuff up for several days about the same topic to get a better understanding of it?
More like building up a base of knowledge over time, by relating something new you've learned to what you already know. Like, if you're learning about biology and you find some random factoid about mammals, you make note of it.

Well, I do try to expand my own knowledge on a given concept. I think "definition" to mean the definition of a word, though; something you can't really change.
Then that's still likely a no. Fine-tuning a definition is about finding your own understanding of said definition, rather than just relying on the definition as it stands. Looking at the properties of a concept and coming to conclusions about it.

Ah. So like when I would walk to and from work while reading a book and know where each sidewalk ended and the new one began and when a car might be trying to turn where I was walking or when something like a bike was in the middle of the sidewalk and I'd walk around it without losing my place. I remember intentionally doing that. I was walking and saw a bike up ahead and glanced up at it and also saw my neighbors there. I went back to reading as I approached it and could tell my neighbors were watching. I got a good idea of where it was so I wouldn't have to look up and I could walk around it looking like I didn't even look up at it. Just as I hoped, my neighbors were impressed and fully expected me to trip over it since it looked like I didn't even notice it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to comprehend what I was reading at the time, though.

I was looking at the cognitive processes and it looks like describing the physical cup in detail is Se whereas it invoking memories and what it reminds me of is Si.
I think that description is more fitting of using Si and Te. Strong Se users, generally, become very absorbed in their physical environment and are aware of where things are automatically -- but paradoxically enough they're usually much less poised than Si users, because they enjoy their environment so intensely they more often than not focus on the wrong parts of it and don't watch where they're going. One ESTP poster here is semi-notorious for having at least one accident a week.

You on the other hand noticed what laid beyond you for the purpose of anticipating it so you wouldn't need to actually pay attention as you passed. For the purpose of this question that's likely little you or somewhat you -- you need to intentionally get in sync with your environment. It doesn't appear to be natural for you.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
More like building up a base of knowledge over time, by relating something new you've learned to what you already know. Like, if you're learning about biology and you find some random factoid about mammals, you make note of it.
Oh. Yeah, I definitely do that.

Then that's still likely a no. Fine-tuning a definition is about finding your own understanding of said definition, rather than just relying on the definition as it stands. Looking at the properties of a concept and coming to conclusions about it.
I think I need an example of someone doing this to compare it to myself.

I think that description is more fitting of using Si and Te. Strong Se users, generally, become very absorbed in their physical environment and are aware of where things are automatically -- but paradoxically enough they're usually much less poised than Si users, because they enjoy their environment so intensely they more often than not focus on the wrong parts of it and don't watch where they're going. One ESTP poster here is semi-notorious for having at least one accident a week.

You on the other hand noticed what laid beyond you for the purpose of anticipating it so you wouldn't need to actually pay attention as you passed. For the purpose of this question that's likely little you or somewhat you -- you need to intentionally get in sync with your environment. It doesn't appear to be natural for you.
Hmm. So you're saying that having strong Si means weak Se? I suppose that is how they work. Where can I find more about cognitive process pairings such as Si and Te. Also, what describes my desire to show off to people without looking like I'm showing off? Or my desire to appear unique to people in general, even if it is for something some people usually find unfavorable?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. So you're saying that having strong Si means weak Se?
Not necessarily, it is possible to have both a strong Si and a strong Se. MBTI orthodoxy says it's not (if Si is your dominant function Se is supposed to be your 5th), but objectively, that's often not the case. What I was saying is that your description, in particular, appears to be more Si rather than Se.

I suppose that is how they work. Where can I find more about cognitive process pairings such as Si and Te.
I don't think there's much literature available on how the functions work in tandem, only on how they themselves are defined. What I have said so far, and most user-generated content on function combinations, is based on synthesis of how the functions are described, and how they can be observed to work.

As for the Si and Te combination, it consists of the combination of reliance on experience and focus on details in order to match them to a set standard (Si), with an impetus to organize the external world for optimal efficiency, and reliance on evidence and externally-derived logic (Te). A person adept at using this functional combination would generally speaking be highly proficient at any task they set their minds on doing, provided they have enough information to complete it. Often said people are very comfortable with routines, and enjoy having an even-paced life. ISTJs and ESTJs are often stereotyped as being very traditional and rigid, but that may not necessarily be the case -- STJs are merely highly reliant on what information they have received, and in the old days this meant almost exclusively what mom n' pop taught you. In the information age, many SJs have views that may not be exactly mainstream.

I think I need an example of someone doing this to compare it to myself.
Hmmm... I think what I just did counts. I essentially took a definition, and made it fit into a personal framework based on what I've observed and learned on the subject in question.

Also, what describes my desire to show off to people without looking like I'm showing off? Or my desire to appear unique to people in general, even if it is for something some people usually find unfavorable?
That would be Enneagram 3, and Enneagram 4, respectively. There isn't any one Jungian function that precisely fits that description, although the latter is rather Fi-ish (which would fit ISTJ -- Fi is the ISTJ tertiary function). It seems from what you just said that you may be an ISTJ 3w4.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
What's odd is every description I find of ISTJ has a lot to do with duty, reliability, and responsibility. I don't think either of those are like me at all. Gonna try to do that video today. I think I'll split it into 2 since I have about that much to talk about.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's odd is every description I find of ISTJ has a lot to do with duty, reliability, and responsibility.
SJ descriptions in general are, unfortunately, far too geared towards what older SJs are like. The more I know you the more it seems to me that you function like an SJ -- even if you don't exactly act like one is supposed to. ;)

I don't think either of those are like me at all. Gonna try to do that video today. I think I'll split it into 2 since I have about that much to talk about.
Alright, go for it man.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be honest dude, I only watched part 1. You gotta learn to speak a little faster man. :laugh:

I'm getting an ISTP vibe though. Your speech pattern sounds like Ti mental regurgitation.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Sorry. The first one is the worst one, I think. I'm going to be posting some others about things I want to talk about. They should be better and not riddled with pauses so much. But you should watch the rest when you get a chance. I fear that this thread and the topic of my type is only of interest to you anymore.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK, Idec, I just watched the first video and skimmed through the other 3 videos.

WOW, was I wrong. :doh:

I think you're ISTP.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Dude can't be ISTP, he was using Ti but he was modulating the entire time. He was uncomfortable using it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude can't be ISTP, he was using Ti but he was modulating the entire time. He was uncomfortable using it.
He could just have been uncomfortable speaking. Ti-doms have a lot of trouble verbalizing their thoughts, which is why so often INTP analyses end up being borderline incomprehensible streams of thought for example.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
He could just have been uncomfortable speaking. Ti-doms have a lot of trouble verbalizing their thoughts, which is why so often INTP analyses end up being borderline incomprehensible streams of thought for example.

I suspect he's an ISFJ or INFJ with well-developed tertiary Ti.