• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please!!

Dandelion2352

Hi there! I've been having trouble trying to type myself, so I thought I might as well ask for help from strangers on the Internet who can really be objective about me. Here is a questionnaire I found and filled out :)

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that may effect?
I am an 18 year old female living in the United States (NY). No impairments that I know of. No strong political beliefs, but I tend to lean Republican on certain issues.
b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?
I honestly don't know lol. I am not good at typing myself because I feel like I can never be objective about my answers when I am typing myself. I also can't make up mind about which type I am and tend to switch which type I think I am so often that I just confuse myself even more.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
The one thing I really want it success. I want lots of money and the ability to live comfortably and not have to worry, and at the same time do something that I love. The idea of falling in love and marrying has always come second to that, like I wouldn't be opposed, but it's never been a main priority. I have never wanted children.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and least and why?
Most: Probably greed or pride. I always find myself wanting more and I am very proud of my achievements.
Least: Sloth maybe? I love being active and getting out and just lying around is not appealing to me.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe: a) The type of people you are drawn to. b) The type of people who are drawn to you. c) The type of people you are repulsed by.
a) Based on my friend group, I would say I have a pretty clear preference toward extroverts. I really love people who are interesting, funny, and share my sense of humor (really weird, sarcastic, and dark). People who embrace their inner child also appeal to me, as well as those who don't take life too seriously.
b) Kind of hard to say, but I treat everyone as equals, so lots of people younger than me (like the freshmen at school) really like me, as well as people who are quiet and don't get paid attention too that much.
c) I really don't like people who get offended be everything, especially because I have such a dark sense of humor, it really annoys me when they are so sensitive. I also don't like people who always use excuses such as gender, race, and sexuality as a reason to why they can't get ahead in the world, because I believe that anyone can succeed if they are willing to work hard enough for it.

5) What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I really admire people who can constantly voice their opinions, because in debates I generally shy away from voicing my true opinions and admire people who have the guts to.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger: It is pretty easy to make me angry, but I don't show it very often. People generally see me as a pretty happy-go-lucky type of person, but I do experience anger much more than people think. Usually I just bottle it up, but occasionally I just get so angry that I have an outburst on pure impulse. I also yell a lot when I am frustrated, which is pretty often, but I don't really consider that a major outburst per se.
b) Shame: I don't really feel shame all that often. Like, I consider myself a very confident person, for example, at school I regularly wear weird and ugly clothing just to get a rise out of people, so I don't live with too many regrets. The only time I really feel shame is when I fail and have to admit it to those around me.
c) Fear: I have a pretty bad fear of failure, I think because all my life it has been very important to me to impress people. Even if it is about something stupid like a grade on a test, I get all freaked out about it.
d) Love/passion: I don't usually express love towards those around me too often, just because it makes me feel awkward. I also don't fall in love of even get crushes too often either, but when I do, I love hard. Even though I'm not too affectionate, I do little things to let people know I care, like remember some random thing from a conversation we had months ago, or do something to make them happy.
e) Conflict: I generally don't get into conflict myself, and try to stay away from being in the center of the drama. However, I do like to watch everything go down from the sidelines, and I do enjoy hearing all the gossip as much as I hate to admit it lol.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you've been unable to conquer, etc)?
Though my life hasn't been too turbulent, I would say a struggle I have always had is trying to find my own identity all while trying to live up to my expectations. I always had trouble relating to those my age, and I just needed to learn to be happy with myself and be who I am.

8) Answer only one of the following:
b) [Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
I plan on going into areospace engineering and astronomy. I have always wanted to pursue the science field, and I especially find space and physics fascinating. Even though I love science, if I had the choice, I would do something with music, like be a classical pianist. I just went with the science option because it makes more money and I feel I would be really good doing science for a living.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I usually focus on their facial features, such as eyes and smile. Once I start talking to them I pay attention to their voice and how they express themselves through speech.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I think that humans as a whole are self absorbed and put their interests before everyone else's. I think one big problem with humanity is how ignorant everyone is and how so many people put their personal values above what is right and needs to be done for the greater good.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Hmm, well I like to play the piano, play tennis, wrote comic books, make flower crowns, crochet, hike, go camping, kayak, make funny videos, just explore some place I've never been before

13) How do you usually "hang out" with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I don't really have a "group" of friends. I have a pretty wide variety of people that I hang out with and lots of close friends, but no designated group. When I do spend time with my friends, we usually meet up to play tennis or just hang out at someone's house. I prefer to hang out in small groups, like 4-7 people, just because I naturally like to entertain and tell jokes, and it feels more comfortable to do so in front of a group. I just like to do this with friends though, like when the group is too big or I don't really talk to lots of people in the group, I tend to keep to myself.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
I would say actions. I feel like it's a lot easier to not be true with your words, but actions reveal a lot more about a person's character. Like, it's easy to lie to someone, but I think most people express themselves most honestly through what they do.

15) Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose....
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste. b) To be immortal. c) To lose your memories. d) To be poor for the rest of your life. e) Or to never experience passion. Elaborate on why!
I would say to be immortal. Even though it is a curse and I would eventually lose everyone, I would have so much more time to do everything I want to in life. I would still be able to experience life as I do now, I would just live forever. I could also use it to the advantage of others, like I could make scientific discoveries in space and not have to worry because I couldn't die :p

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoiI get n/you as a villain, etc.
I really don't want to be known as a boring person, like someone who has nothing to talk about and someone that no one wants to talk to. I also don't want to be known as a someone who cries or gets upset over every little thing. People like that make me super uncomfortable and I never know how to handle it.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
When I find something that really interests me, I dive into research and obsess abou it for days until I get bored of it or find something new. My obsessions are generally things that interest me and not what the popular crowd is interested in. I don't really understand what it means by "merging interests", but if it means whether or not I am interested in fads like most of the population, I usually am not. I only go with fads if I am interested in the fad myself.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are your preferences and tendencies?
Definitely messy. It's not that I necessarily work better in mess, I'm just a messy person and I can't help it. I also am not good with plans- even if I make a plan, I find myself still doing everything last minute.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Comfort is important to me. I spend time with the people I see as "comfortable" aka low maintenance. I wear whatever is comfortable and my home environment is always comfortable.

All right that's it! Type me please!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
369 (with the 9 being 9w8) so/sp is my guess

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think you have conscious Te and Fi, but that's all I can say with confidence at the moment.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure! I'm not so great at typing MBTI wise, but I would guess ENTP as a possibility. (I consider myself better at typing enneagram). Dichotomy wise, ENTP, but function wise, not so sure... xNTJ may also be a possibility.

Dandelion2352

Ah that would make sense! I have scored as an ENTP on several online tests, just wasn't sure about how accurate they were.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
An ISFP.
An introverted judger tends to be naturally spontaneous rather than planned. Confidence, and optimistic is a state of mind of an introverted judger.

I do not recommend studying science at university level for ISFP. You could get some trouble when it comes to research. I have no opinion of engineering for an ISFP. Astronomy is much better for an ESFP/ENTJ. An architect Frank Gehry, in one of interviews told that when he was a child, he also wanted to be a scientist.

I recommend study arts that utilize your hand: architecture, fine arts (pottery, paitings, animation, ceramics, sculpture), music. To balance with the spiritual side, try study psychology, mathematics. Jungian psychology is a recommended one. David Bowie, a musician, once tell that he was a jungian. MBTI is an extension of Jung Psychological Types. You can search the free e-book on the net.
You aspire to be come rich. You can make your dream come true by running a business of selling an art work. Try selling your work on the net. There are marketplace you trough which you can sell your work: e.g etsy, fiverr. You can see that some whose hobbies playing music open their stores on fiverr. You can see that some whose hobbies are making a handcraft sell their artwork on etsy.

You are like me when I am interested in a topic, like jungian typology, the same way I am interested in mathematics. I research those thoroughly. But after having conducting empirical research, I realized that It is just not feasible for me and any individual to do the same as Psychology and mathematics. An empirical social science research is feasible only be conducted by a company. The researcher is the company. A natural science researcher could also be an organization only ; instead of an individual.
I learn a lot in typology. One of the lesson learnt is when something is right, suitable, feasible for others, it may not also be right, suitable, feasible for me. vice versa.

Btw, Have you ever participated in an art competition (s)?