• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Second attempt, scenario-based questionnaire edition

Amberiat

Infinity
SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

At first I would feel extremely betrayed and I would try to figure out what happened and why, I would go through the options eliminating them as I go until I'm left with what seems like the most likely solution and act based on it. I would be likely motivated by a desire to figure out how and why I was betrayed like that and quite possibly a desire of a well deserved revenge as well. I would feel betrayed because a relationship should be based on mutual trust and honesty, communication and openness regarding both the positive and the negative, a betrayal or a lie like that would destroy everything and it would eliminate the hope of me ever trusting that person again. Now, after finding out what actually happened I would be shocked, simply because out of all the things, that's something that I wouldn't have realistically considered(assuming there were no signs previously, which the question doesn't mention, so I'll answer on the assumption that there were no signs of illness previously). I would still not be pleased though, instead of running away and avoiding me, they should have instead talked to me about it, finding out eventually would've been inevitable, so why postpone the inevitable? It makes no sense.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

The primary focus? I don't know really. Inward, I suppose? Feeling betrayed, and then being driven to find out the truth of the situation for my own sake. That's the progression it would have I guess, after the revelation I'd probably feel bad for assuming betrayal, especially when the reality is so brutally ultimate.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I would accept, it'd be more beneficial to help him, I'd have done him a favor, so they owe me one, which I can claim somewhere down the line. Not to mention that would strengthen our relationship overall, and that can prove beneficial in a variety of situations as well.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

Risk vs Benefit... I guess? I'll expand on this in the next point.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

As mentioned before, I would start by thinking which course of action would benefit me the most in the long run, I would consider the fact that if my roommate shows sudden and extreme improvement in a short span of time despite having a history of struggling before he'd arouse the teacher's suspicion, naturally, the teacher would know his roommate is one of the top students and assume I helped him, considering this would damage relations between the teacher and me, I would try to figure out a way to help him and shrug off potential suspicion/accusations thrown my way in an attempt to gain the benefits mentioned in the first point and avoid damaging my relationship with the teacher. What I would do is help mentor my roommate in the areas they especially struggle in, without giving him the answers on a silver platter, I'd go about it in a way in which I can make him understand the material himself, so he'd be able to solve the problems independently afterwards, it would still count as helping him, hurdle one is out of the way. Now the second issue, assuming step one goes smoothly, the scenario where my roommate shows sudden improvement and the teacher becomes suspicious of me ensues, however now I can throw a counterargument his way saying that whether I'm the reason for the suspicious improvement or not can be easily proven by questioning my roommate in real time. Because I made sure that my roommate understands the material itself properly, they can handle themselves under questioning. Done, it is proven that I didn't help my roommate cheat because they understood the material themselves and they proved it in class, the teacher now figures he made a mistake and relations don't take damage. Roommate knows how much I've actually helped them and boom, win-win.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project one. It allows me to have a greater degree of control over multiple operations at the same time, this way I can watch over multiple things at once to make sure they're going smoothly, impacting the project on a bigger scale and taking on a front, leadership position.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

The greater impact on the overall project, the greater the degree of control and the opportunity to take on a leadership position. The scope of project 2 seems way too limited, and it's pushed far too back in the background, even if the work is perfect, if the higher ups mess up, then my work is gone to waste, and even if it isn't, they take all the credit for the work I've done. On the other hand with project 1 I can personally make sure that things go smoothly overall, thus increasing the chances of success and by serving as a front, leader image I can secure the credit I deserve, amongst other things.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

Since all members are reliable and valuable overall, I wait for them to present their ideas, taking them in one by one and putting them against each other (Which of these two work better? Which of them has a higher chance of success? Is the effort worth the reward? How can I improve them?) After they're all done, I would present my own stance, taking the pros and cons of their own ideas in consideration, implementing all of them together in a way that works and fixes the weakness of their standalone contributions.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

The competence of the members, assuming they were average or below average, I'd take over as a one man show 100% of the time. However in this situation they are supposedly well above average, I take that into consideration as I don't want the ability and hard work they've put into the project to go to waste, in this instance they deserve their share of the credit, and their contributions are good enough to be considered and implemented.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

For the most part I would relax inside, listen to music, watch TV shows, maybe read some books on subjects I'm interested in/I find useful. If possible and/or I'm not especially physically tired, I would try to bring a group together for a night out as well.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Reading books and watching TV shows with deep plots would be the first to come to mind. I would add listening to music here, but that gives me physical energy in addition to non-physical.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

1. Entrepreneur; Being my own boss, having full control over the direction where my business goes, the people I associate with and everything else. The success/failure is determined mainly by my own level of competence and decision making, plus the immense potential behind starting a business from scratch.

2.Scientist; I would love to work in Astrophysics, astronomy is one of my bigger hobbies. Outer space fascinates me and the prospect of figuring out the truth behind things excites me. Plus I love math/chemistry/physics.

3.Psychologist; Another one of my hobbies, I study psychology regularly as a hobby and I could see myself working as a psychiatrist. It's not a big enough of an interest for me to actually pursue in the long run, it's just a hobby, and deep knowledge of psychology is useful in all areas of life that deal with people.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

First two choices were selected as soon as they came up on the screen, the third one was slightly more difficult because I was trying to decide between psychology and lawyer, ended up going with the former because it's a hobby I pursue more actively overall.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

I would most likely find the most fulfillment as an Entrepreneur for the reasons listed above, also I trust myself to be able to make it big and persevere through the inevitable hardships. The rest I think I explained well enough before.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

295170d1427136256-short-effective-scenario-questionnaire-2-0-self-type-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

Uhh.. everything? There's nothing in particular that caught my eye, I saw the picture and took it in as a whole.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

Uhh... Because I wanted to know what I'm looking at?

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

It's quite appealing, nice piece of art and good quality. Not exactly my first choice in terms of aesthetics, but it's good. I like it.

Amberiat

Infinity
Just a little thing I did, please share your interpretations of this freely.

There's also an explanation of what each scenario is supposed to show/focus on which I'm posting here, it's kind of a guide to properly interpreting the answers, you decide if it's necessary or not. (I personally didn't look through it)

Side note, I didn't really focus much on Scenario 7, that was a pretty tiring questionnaire, so I kind of brushed over it. Feel free to make me go into detail if it's necessary.

Edit: Mass-tag was to make sure the thread didn't go unnoticed.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
This isn't intended to be flippant, but I have an extremely hard time processing hypothetical emotions around situations I've never been placed in.

Not because I lack the imagination to 'see' those scenarios in my mind's eye, but because I'm well aware that delusion and idealised images of oneself can heavily influence any hypothetical version of ourselves. And I would hazard that most will either give too much or too little credit to their own standing in these situations.

Ultimately, we love to believe that our ideals will hold us in good stead, but any decent thought experiment reveals that....not only are we uncertain about ourselves, but also each other. We cannot trust the next person any more than we can trust ourselves, which is a factor or degree of a belief system as to how much one trusts. And it is unlikely that any one degree will be correct for every single situation and context.

And to determine what one is feeling, in totality, at any given time? Good luck.

The only certainty here, is that people are oddly certain about what they cannot possibly know.

Though, in fairness, I'll probably come back to actually attempt this series of events at some point.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AH I LOVE SCENARIO BASED ONES CUZ I FEEL LIKE THEY PREDICT TYPE SO MUCH BETTER

I'll actually give a lengthy answer to this soon.

Are we supposed to be analyzing the OP answers or answering ourselves? I found all the scenarios (especially the first) very interesting.

Edit: This is what happens when I read while feverish.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we supposed to be analyzing the OP answers or answering ourselves? I found all the scenarios (especially the first) very interesting.

Analyzing the OP. You can always answer the questions in a new thread for you to be typed. :)

Amberiat

Infinity

Analyzing the OP.

It was an interesting questionnaire to fill out, if you decide to do it and make a thread about it tag me as well, I'd give it a look.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like this questionare. Its very in depth and BTW from what I can see of you Ambi Te is very obvious all over your answers with some lower Fi obvious in the more personal questions. Imma do a quick review of each question for cha.

1. Lower Fi and possibly some Ne with the possibility seeking and although your need to find the truth could seem Ti I think that's Te serving your lower Fi here.

2. Extremely Te and with a N function in there (Not sure if Te/Ni or Te/Ne is being used here but I incline Te/Ni due to the linear way you seem to plan out the future rather than the more spontantious Te/Ne combo.

3. Very Te/Pe (Lol I know tepee pun but :p) in general. Not sure if Se or Ne here though.

4. Dom Te with a little inferior Fi.

5. You seem ambierated overall but then as a obvious Te dom that's to be expected as I find Te doms aren't exactly social butterflies (That's more ExFJ types).

6. Te/Ne as hell. I can see the Fi influence in how you do seek to at the end of the day want to feel competent and good about yourself workwise.

7. Very straightforward and to the point. Your clearly don't have inferior sensing at the very least from this.

Overall type= ExTJ 3w4 5w6 (Not sure on gut thought from this but I incline a 1 of some stripe).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Lord Lavender about seeing a lot of Te in you (though the guide tries to make some of that sound like Fe).

I think INTJ might be a better fit than ENTJ, though... as I doubt that Fi is the lowest in your stacking.

You're a hard one to type. ;)

Amberiat

Infinity
I like this questionare. Its very in depth and BTW from what I can see of you Ambi Te is very obvious all over your answers with some lower Fi obvious in the more personal questions. Imma do a quick review of each question for cha.

1. Lower Fi and possibly some Ne with the possibility seeking and although your need to find the truth could seem Ti I think that's Te serving your lower Fi here.

2. Extremely Te and with a N function in there (Not sure if Te/Ni or Te/Ne is being used here but I incline Te/Ni due to the linear way you seem to plan out the future rather than the more spontantious Te/Ne combo.

3. Very Te/Pe (Lol I know tepee pun but :p) in general. Not sure if Se or Ne here though.

4. Dom Te with a little inferior Fi.

5. You seem ambierated overall but then as a obvious Te dom that's to be expected as I find Te doms aren't exactly social butterflies (That's more ExFJ types).

6. Te/Ne as hell. I can see the Fi influence in how you do seek to at the end of the day want to feel competent and good about yourself workwise.

7. Very straightforward and to the point. Your clearly don't have inferior sensing at the very least from this.

Overall type= ExTJ 3w4 5w6 (Not sure on gut thought from this but I incline a 1 of some stripe).

I agree with Lord Lavender about seeing a lot of Te in you (though the guide tries to make some of that sound like Fe).

I think INTJ might be a better fit than ENTJ, though... as I doubt that Fi is the lowest in your stacking.

You're a hard one to type. ;)

Interesting, and surprising answers overall.

I haven't read the guide to minimize the bias in my answers, so I don't know how it tries to make my answers seem like Fe. However, it is a good question. Whether or not Fe can take a "selfish" calculated form like that. Whether this is Te or Fe or something else, I'm pretty sure the end result would be the same (in the scenario) only the motivation/reasoning would differ.

For example helping the roommate, whether I do it just because there's a potential benefit in the future(like I did) or doing it simply because they're my friend and I wanted to help, the end result would be the same, I did them a solid, nothing more nothing less.

Also curious as to why you think Fi might be higher in the stack(if it's even there).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first answer seemed quite Fi-ish to me. And, more importantly, from having talked with you, it feels to me like you have certain principles related to others that you will staunchly uphold, in a more iron rod sort of way (Fi) rather than in a more bending fashion (Fe). Principles that are more individualistic than collective...

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At first I would feel extremely betrayed and I would try to figure out what happened and why, I would go through the options eliminating them as I go until I'm left with what seems like the most likely solution and act based on it. I would be likely motivated by a desire to figure out how and why I was betrayed like that and quite possibly a desire of a well deserved revenge as well. I would feel betrayed because a relationship should be based on mutual trust and honesty, communication and openness regarding both the positive and the negative, a betrayal or a lie like that would destroy everything and it would eliminate the hope of me ever trusting that person again. Now, after finding out what actually happened I would be shocked, simply because out of all the things, that's something that I wouldn't have realistically considered(assuming there were no signs previously, which the question doesn't mention, so I'll answer on the assumption that there were no signs of illness previously). I would still not be pleased though, instead of running away and avoiding me, they should have instead talked to me about it, finding out eventually would've been inevitable, so why postpone the inevitable? It makes no sense.

I know people have provided useful responses already, but you seem very NTJ/Gamma quadra, at least from what I can tell. Seems like a pretty clear case of it; but it's your type so it's your decision.

Te (solutions, what to do, best and most effective course of action)
Se (spc. socionics - vengeance, revenge, getting even; force, power play, respect, strength)
Fi - personal feelings of what is right and wrong, doesn't have to come 'from outside'; in socionics, feeling of distance or closeness with someone; making the decision to be close based on personal subjective criteria; judgment of "right or wrong."
Ni - Forseeing the future, being prepared, being able to predict how things would unfold over time, preferring to stick to this vision and prioritizing that over possibilities (Ne).

Just to give a short glimpse of what I see in your answers...I know I did not do the whole thing, but hopefully this helps at least somewhat.
Also, your collage on the typing thread immediately reminded me of Ni valued and 5-8 line.

Bring it.

Amberiat

Infinity
I know people have provided useful responses already, but you seem very NTJ/Gamma quadra, at least from what I can tell. Seems like a pretty clear case of it; but it's your type so it's your decision.

Te (solutions, what to do, best and most effective course of action)
Se (spc. socionics - vengeance, revenge, getting even; force, power play, respect, strength)
Fi - personal feelings of what is right and wrong, doesn't have to come 'from outside'; in socionics, feeling of distance or closeness with someone; making the decision to be close based on personal subjective criteria; judgment of "right or wrong."
Ni - Forseeing the future, being prepared, being able to predict how things would unfold over time, preferring to stick to this vision and prioritizing that over possibilities (Ne).

Just to give a short glimpse of what I see in your answers...I know I did not do the whole thing, but hopefully this helps at least somewhat.
Also, your collage on the typing thread immediately reminded me of Ni valued and 5-8 line.

More insights are always appreciated, so thank you for the input.

I didn't think of bringing the recent collage post into this, only question I'd have is how it gives off Ni.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SCENARIO 1: I see a certain level of thinking exposing itself here. You want to sort through options, but I also see compelling to the emotional side, a desire for revenge. Sorting through options sounds more like a usage of Te to me at the beginning here. Te is looking for the most reasonable and efficient solutions. At the same time, discussing inward feelings would point at Ti, but the process doesn't sound very Ti, it sounds like you're compelled by your emotional state to search through.

SCENARIO 2: Holy shit I wish I thought out my own decisions that much. You have a cause-effect relation to literally everything. I still am seeing the cause'effect resolve of the Te but I also am feeling there's intuition showing here. It is very future oriented as to how each scenario choice will "play out". Something comes off very Ni to me.

SCENARION 3: This is the first time you've appeared extraverted to me in any sense, wanting to take the leadership role. The conversation seems quite Te - Te's feel a need to have leadership to prevent losing all their controlled efforts. I am seeing a lot of Te from you actually.

SCENARIO 4: This is Te as all fucking hell. XD

Scenario 5: It suggests you are personally introverted although I do not find most of it very type related. It does seem in your spare time you prefer to indulge yourself with things that make you think and solve - Te and Ni.

Glossing over the last two they show me a similar mentality.

Final result: I definitely think you are Te-dominant actually. It seems you have Te and the Ni helps you sort through by showing you outcomes and enhancing your vision, putting pieces together. Your answers show a ton of this. It is definitely a difference in what I said before, but I think you are actually an ENTJ based on this. I didn't catch a whif of Ne craziness.
Enneagram wise, I'd scope to say 5w6 3w2 8w9 Sp/So. You definitely have assertive triad with your desire for control and being a leader. You have a thirst of knowledge but also a hint of a desire to assist, even if it is turned in a how would this benefit me fashion, which hints a wing rather than a fix.

Amberiat

Infinity
SCENARIO 1: I see a certain level of thinking exposing itself here. You want to sort through options, but I also see compelling to the emotional side, a desire for revenge. Sorting through options sounds more like a usage of Te to me at the beginning here. Te is looking for the most reasonable and efficient solutions. At the same time, discussing inward feelings would point at Ti, but the process doesn't sound very Ti, it sounds like you're compelled by your emotional state to search through.

SCENARIO 2: Holy shit I wish I thought out my own decisions that much. You have a cause-effect relation to literally everything. I still am seeing the cause'effect resolve of the Te but I also am feeling there's intuition showing here. It is very future oriented as to how each scenario choice will "play out". Something comes off very Ni to me.

SCENARION 3: This is the first time you've appeared extraverted to me in any sense, wanting to take the leadership role. The conversation seems quite Te - Te's feel a need to have leadership to prevent losing all their controlled efforts. I am seeing a lot of Te from you actually.

SCENARIO 4: This is Te as all fucking hell. XD

Scenario 5: It suggests you are personally introverted although I do not find most of it very type related. It does seem in your spare time you prefer to indulge yourself with things that make you think and solve - Te and Ni.

Glossing over the last two they show me a similar mentality.

Final result: I definitely think you are Te-dominant actually. It seems you have Te and the Ni helps you sort through by showing you outcomes and enhancing your vision, putting pieces together. Your answers show a ton of this. It is definitely a difference in what I said before, but I think you are actually an ENTJ based on this. I didn't catch a whif of Ne craziness.
Enneagram wise, I'd scope to say 5w6 3w2 8w9 Sp/So. You definitely have assertive triad with your desire for control and being a leader. You have a thirst of knowledge but also a hint of a desire to assist, even if it is turned in a how would this benefit me fashion, which hints a wing rather than a fix.

I appreciate the answer Jazzy.

Any reason why that couldn't be Fe instead of Te besides the orientation towards personal gain?

I've never seen one, but I am wondering how a 358 tritype would influence an Fe dom in their actions/motivations.