• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: What motivates people?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • I thought this was a really interesting video on what motivates people. It takes a few minutes to get going but there is some fascinating information

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I've always been championing this kind of purpose-driven motivation for years.

This is readily observable to anyone who engages with life outside the motivation to work for money as security.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like the developers who were mentioned in the video, I've spent a fair amount of time with opensource development in my free time and I could list a bunch of different positive and negative motivators that drove me (or forced me) in different stages of my life. The mentioned method is indeed a nice technique that helps extracting more work or more good/creative/innovative ideas from certain types of people. However the video only scratches the surface in explanation and wrongly assumes only good intentions behind this technique used by some companies.