• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Can INTJs develop their Ne to be dominant?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I use this new phangly thing called legs, where you look at the outside, then go inside, and compare and contrast with the inside :coffee: :smooch:

It is possible to switch from one version of N to another. You just have to do a 're-take' on the same information, using a different set of goggles. And yes, it is especially Ne doms that seem to not want to pick and choose, and want to have it all, go outside that box and walk in and outside that house. Hell, wanting to change perspectives and seeing things from all possible angles is like...part of the Ne-DNA. Every corner is interesting, so the different outlook that the other side of N offers? Dude, that's plain gold! Why would you not be motivated to go there? And in that regard, I agree that our poster is ENTP ;)

But I've also met my fair share of INXJs who readily have access to Ne. They are typically a lot more invested and preferential about their Ni-dom, but when certain moods hit....suddenly they turn into ENTP trolls and go all out. Nothing to do but wait it out, usually :coffee:

One does have access to their shadow. And typically, the first two shadow functions are readily accessible, albeit less exercised, meaning they cost a lot more energy to utilise properly. The second one, on top of that, tends to be used in a knee-jerk reaction and a negative way, as that is how it's often experienced. But with a little bit of elbow grease and a touch of awareness, it's there for the taking. (The next ones however, omg, are they a pain in fucking shadow realm).

Oh and I'm ENFP - Ti is about my biggest nightmare.

...but I do get typed NFJ an awful lot because I like to go for a walk now and again :D :smile:

ENFP has ability to project itslef as NT type so they can aslo think they are all-powerfull cuz they can't choose anything! :blush:
For INxJ eveything is black or white. It's a dom Ni! And that is the source of INTJ arrogance or INFJ ethical self-righteous :bye:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP has ability to project itslef as NT type so they can aslo think they are all-powerfull cuz they can't choose anything! :blush:
For INxJ eveything is black or white. It'a dom Ni! And that is the source of INTJ arrogance or INFJ ethical self-righteous :bye:

Exactly:wink:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
O Hello Death... :wubbie::rofl1:
INTJ.jpg

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think a lot of the time peoples top function- like if they are sensing dominant- well theyll develop their... opposite function- to an extent. Because of its similarity- and opposite utility.

Not sure that makes sense but. Yes its possible for an INTJ to have fairly high USAGE of Ne developed over time- it wouldnt be their dominant function/wouldnt be WHO THEY are- would more be a tool.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your dom function can significant down your poor developed INF function.
In many cases in your life can literally suffocate it.
If you know this you can't have expectation you can develop your infant functions. :bye:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For INxJ eveything is black or white. It's a dom Ni! And that is the source of INTJ arrogance or INFJ ethical self-righteous :bye:
It's black and white primarily at the point of action: we either do this or do that; we act or we wait; we we choose A or B or C. Until then, it is a constantly evolving map of grey scale pixels, which "collapse" like a wavefunction in the optimal course of action based on circumstances.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Or Si? I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute. I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?
You can become whatever you want to become.
Long range thinking, poise and equanimity, and fierce and insidious execution is what INTJ is all about. I used to sit, plan, and lead behind the scenes. Now, I am all about leading and domination. I'm more extroverted than ever, and I enjoy it. The crowds don't seem as boring, I don't really mind the spot light anymore, and I have the feeling that I can thrive anywhere, challenging myself and my old beliefs to the limits, and learning from every experience and opportunity.
Now, I think less, efficiently, and ferociously execute. Even the expression on my face and the way I carry myself is different, and somewhat Intimidating for other males.
Whatever is necessary to be done to reach my goal, I will ruthlessly do it.
I feel more like an epic ENTJ version with all the greatness of INTJness.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs can develop out of being INTJs.
Which I would recommend.

For all the self fapping I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to be wrong about everything (Dom Ni), crippled and limited by control issues (Aux Te), arrogant (Tert Fi), and constantly annoyed by any sensory imperfections (Inf Se).

Its easily the weakest type, the only real super power being the ability to use all the functions I just mentioned to cultivate the perfect storm of duping oneself into thinking their weaknesses are their strengths.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's black and white primarily at the point of action: we either do this or do that; we act or we wait; we we choose A or B or C. Until then, it is a constantly evolving map of grey scale pixels, which "collapse" like a wavefunction in the optimal course of action based on circumstances.

Exactly! ;)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTJs can develop out of being INTJs.
Which I would recommend.

For all the self fapping I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to be wrong about everything (Dom Ni), crippled and limited by control issues (Aux Te), arrogant (Tert Fi), and constantly annoyed by any sensory imperfections (Inf Se).

Its easily the weakest type, the only real super power being the ability to use all the functions I just mentioned to cultivate the perfect storm of duping oneself into thinking their weaknesses are their strengths.

Thats an unhealthy INTJ you are describing there. A healthy INTJ is visionary and able to see the big picture (Ni), organized and practical (Te), can care and empathize for others (Fi) and take action in the moment (Se). Any type can be insufferable if unhealthy like for example an ENTP like myself when messed up could be living in a world of possibilities that mean nothing (Ne), uses logic to detach from people (Ti), be very manipulative or insecure with emotions (Fe) and stuck in the past (Si).

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Thats an unhealthy INTJ you are describing there. A healthy INTJ is visionary and able to see the big picture (Ni), organized and practical (Te), can care and empathize for others (Fi) and take action in the moment (Se). Any type can be insufferable if unhealthy like for example an ENTP like myself when messed up could be living in a world of possibilities that mean nothing (Ne), uses logic to detach from people (Ti), be very manipulative or insecure with emotions (Fe) and stuck in the past (Si).

I think I met a healthy one once. Maybe.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
INTJs can develop out of being INTJs. Which I would recommend. For all the self fapping I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to be wrong about everything (Dom Ni), crippled and limited by control issues (Aux Te), arrogant (Tert Fi), and constantly annoyed by any sensory imperfections (Inf Se). Its easily the weakest type, the only real super power being the ability to use all the functions I just mentioned to cultivate the perfect storm of duping oneself into thinking their weaknesses are their strengths.
An unhealthy individual has the potential within, to come into a better version of themselves. No one is truly trapped in this unhealthy state no matter their impressions. This is unrelated to type. An INTJ is not a descriptor of someone as you've described, but rather, those unhealthy INTJs have left that unfortunate perception of the typing with you. Certainly they can and must develop out of their unproductive state, but it is not out of their typing they must develop.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
An unhealthy individual has the potential within, to come into a better version of themselves. No one is truly trapped in this unhealthy state no matter their impressions. This is unrelated to type. An INTJ is not a descriptor of someone as you've described, but rather, those unhealthy INTJs have left that unfortunate perception of the typing with you. Certainly they can and must develop out of their unproductive state, but it is not out of their typing they must develop.
This is probably true, but out of the legions of INTJs that I know, maybe three are what could be called healthy? Oddly enough they all have something in common: children. (Though I know plenty of unhealthy INTJs who also have kids, I know zero who do not).

á´…eparted

passages
According to the theory, four of the eight functions will be outside of our realm of use. This doesn't mean there is some sort of deficiency, it's just a way of looking at and organizing the world. As such an INTJ can't develop Ne, as it is not in their function stack. Their other functions will do what they need and there really isn't any gaps that Ne would need to fill.

As far as I can see personal development has more to do with enneagram, than it does with MBTI. The latter is pretty static.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is probably true, but out of the legions of INTJs that I know, maybe three are what could be called healthy? Oddly enough they all have something in common: children. (Though I know plenty of unhealthy INTJs who also have kids, I know zero who do not).

Hmm, this may be an interesting thing to look into. Something about their situation, maybe it is the kids (the decision to have kids), or what led to their current situation, may have gone against their better judgements, leaving them in a place that has negatively impacted their views. Something about how they got to where they are now, doesn't seem to sit well with them. Seeing as how they are all INTJs, maybe there's something within that type makeup that influences their outlook?

This post is already off topic within this thread, but it'd be interesting to explore this further in a new thread. :)

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If Ne is one's dominant function, then one is by definition not an INTJ.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

In theory every type sound grate. In practice not so much. :blush:
For example INTJ can see the big picture (Ni) and use their mind to transform their thoughts into reality (Te) but not perfectly as ExTJs (Te). Why? Because all functions below dom suffer consequences from its action and because of that each function is somewhat downgrade. ;)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Did you just say INTJ Se function is the same as ESTP Se function? :dry:
To reach Se INTJ brain must go trough Ni Te Fi and only if all of them passed INTJ Se can do something. INTJ Se is not weak but rather suffocated by other functions beneath and as our brain grow and think more in large scale we eventually get consensus about our abilities.
ESTP/ESFP can take actions no meter how they sound illogical, unethical and so on. There is no worry about consequences. There is no weakness in their Se.
They CAN do things cuz they WANT to do like literally. :)

Action functions or how I like to called them "DO functions" are Ne and Se. ;)