Thread: Going Numb?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yes. When i just chose to concentrate on my thinking side and doesn't follow my heart, i end up being numb which is now. But guess what, when I'm numb, and when i don't have feelings, i do productive stuffs. I feel like I'm being as intj or whatsoever. But I'm not happy. My social abilities went zero, i don't wanna socialize nor even tries to. But it's sad.. Sad.. :/ it's like, yeah i could be successful, but then if being sad comes with being successful what's the point of life? I'd rather be stupid and happy rather than intelligent, successful but lonely and sad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by atamagasuitanaa View Post
    Yes. When i just chose to concentrate on my thinking side and doesn't follow my heart, i end up being numb which is now. But guess what, when I'm numb, and when i don't have feelings, i do productive stuffs. I feel like I'm being as intj or whatsoever. But I'm not happy. My social abilities went zero, i don't wanna socialize nor even tries to. But it's sad.. Sad.. :/ it's like, yeah i could be successful, but then if being sad comes with being successful what's the point of life? I'd rather be stupid and happy rather than intelligent, successful but lonely and sad.
    This does sound like the INTJ stereotype, and in fact is close to how I operate. For me, though, happiness most often comes in the doing of that productive stuff, in the process of putting my ideas into practice/implementation. I make a distinction here between feeling as in the MBTI function, and feeling as emotions. There is not much of an emotional dimension to all of this, and I do find it more productive that way, but there most definitely is subjective (feeling) judgment. That tells me what is important to me, what I value. It informs what I choose to spend time on, in what way I wish to be productive, and serves as a source of motivation to help me persevere through challenges.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes kotoshinohaisha liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PalebloodHunter View Post
    RIGHT? Music DOES help. But, again it's just so temporary. It feels like drug addiction (not that I've had any), you just need to keep doing something at that point else you reset back to this state.
    I can relate to the music addiction. GOd. It's like there must be something to stimulate the brain 24/7.
    Regarding the things that have been said, love definitely helps. No matter what you do, the void will come back unless you manage to identify the cause and fix the problem, which will lead you to the 'love' factor again. Ahhh love sucks...maybe we should reconsider the use of vacuum cleaners?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

read your bible...Jesus can help

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

when you get older, the feeling of nothingness becomes a feeling of stability and you will ground a lot of people around you and make them feel safe by being that way. In teenage years tho its taxing.

The thing with music tho, never changes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

A while ago, I felt like nothing was important. After work, I just came home, watched some Animes, ate something and went to sleep. I rarely felt joy, often felt sad or just nothing and on times to times I cried myself to sleep. I cried not because I wanted to die, but on the contrary, I wanted to live. Music also helped me, but I couldn’t listen to it all the time. But one night, during one of my debates and monologue I have in my head, I changed of mindset. I still think that nothing has value, but now I made it my strength. I can take risks, I don’t care if somebody dislikes me, laugh whenever something bad happens and so on.
    I’m going to die, it’s inevitable, so why shouldn’t I have fun living? I don’t believe in afterlife, once you’re dead, you’re dead. I won’t be able to remember anything, and thus, won’t be able to regret anything. Now I change interest every 5 minutes. Everything seems interesting and my curiosity keeps growing.