First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

From what I was observed...
    ESFx or Social extroverts cannot become introvert.
    INTx or Rational introverts cannot become extrovert.
    Others are all flexible more or less.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I think that something like 90% of the population probably falls into the ambivert camp behaviorally speaking, as opposed to pure introvert or extrovert... I can turn on one or the other depending upon the circumstances
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett
    Likes Riverfairy liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

In some cases, I'm indistinguishable from an introvert. Lots of people would probably describe me as an introvert too. But, I'm an extrovert. I find that I need a lot of alone time. Also, my Ne is still running when I'm alone so I find that I'm not deprived of it. I do really connect with the label "ambievert."

I've come to the conclusion that I'm an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) extrovert, which effectively makes me an ambivert--for me this leads to a lot of internal confusion and contradiction. I'm constantly compelled to "be out there," engage (more so with known associates/acquaintances/friends that I have great connections and/or good conversations with, not really with random new people), see what's going on (I hate to feel like I'm potentially missing out on something good) and overall seek high external stimulation, and can subsequently get rather charged from this like the typical extrovert, but after an extended time (or, if god forbid, I get bored), become totally drained and need to recharge alone and fade into my head like an introvert.

I've been so hyped to go to a party, and I'll be a fucking fool and have a great time, but become so overwhelmed with stimulation (that I purposefully and gleefully sought out) that I end up falling asleep (not due to alcohol) on a massive amp...while it's BUMPING. And whereas I can be lulled to sleep by said amp reverberating through my skull, I feel inclined to punch someone square in the esophagus if they consistently make that "smacking" sound while eating. lol I have a very finicky hyper-sensitivity to lights, sounds and environmental stimuli; it all depends. I've learned that though I want to be "in the mix," I can't handle much of it. I need time to recharge and regroup. I'll go a week without seeing my friends because I need a break from the madness but the whole time I'm clawing like a wet cat in a garbage bag, wanting to get out, thinking about what they're doing and the next time I can chill with them again. lol I hate places like Times Square (that seem too chaotic, without a central focal point) but will be totally chill at a concert (that seems more structured, with a central focal point), even though both venues involve a shit ton of people.

I'm also like some sort of ersatz empath that can easily pick up on mood and vibes in a room/from a person, though I don't readily show it on the outside (Fi?), but if the vibe is "negative, (too sad, anxious, annoying, hostile)" then it pisses me off and (in the past), I'd go Super Saiyan (use Te as a sledgehammer) or do something to stimulate/provoke a resolution so that I'd feel better. I used to have a complete inability to tolerate "negative" emotion in any way beyond "raging" against it. And there have been plenty of times where I'd want to go somewhere and do something social, but end up not doing it because I couldn't predict the vibe of the room beforehand--walking around like a hair-trigger asshole doesn't always make for a good time. I've also noticed that when I'm not actively using my Te, I tend to come off and even feel a lot more reserved and introverted than I actually am. I'm a noticeably off/on person--no dimmer effect going on over here.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Lion View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) extrovert, which effectively makes me an ambivert--for me this leads to a lot of internal confusion and contradiction. I'm constantly compelled to "be out there," engage (more so with known associates/acquaintances/friends that I have great connections and/or good conversations with, not really with random new people), see what's going on (I hate to feel like I'm potentially missing out on something good) and overall seek high external stimulation, and can subsequently get rather charged from this like the typical extrovert, but after an extended time (or, if god forbid, I get bored), become totally drained and need to recharge alone and fade into my head like an introvert.

I've been so hyped to go to a party, and I'll be a fucking fool and have a great time, but become so overwhelmed with stimulation (that I purposefully and gleefully sought out) that I end up falling asleep (not due to alcohol) on a massive amp...while it's BUMPING. And whereas I can be lulled to sleep by said amp reverberating through my skull, I feel inclined to punch someone square in the esophagus if they consistently make that "smacking" sound while eating. lol I have a very finicky hyper-sensitivity to lights, sounds and environmental stimuli; it all depends. I've learned that though I want to be "in the mix," I can't handle much of it. I need time to recharge and regroup. I'll go a week without seeing my friends because I need a break from the madness but the whole time I'm clawing like a wet cat in a garbage bag, wanting to get out, thinking about what they're doing and the next time I can chill with them again. lol I hate places like Times Square (that seem too chaotic, without a central focal point) but will be totally chill at a concert (that seems more structured, with a central focal point), even though both venues involve a shit ton of people.

I'm also like some sort of ersatz empath that can easily pick up on mood and vibes in a room/from a person, though I don't readily show it on the outside (Fi?), but if the vibe is "negative, (too sad, anxious, annoying, hostile)" then it pisses me off and (in the past), I'd go Super Saiyan (use Te as a sledgehammer) or do something to stimulate/provoke a resolution so that I'd feel better. I used to have a complete inability to tolerate "negative" emotion in any way beyond "raging" against it. And there have been plenty of times where I'd want to go somewhere and do something social, but end up not doing it because I couldn't predict the vibe of the room beforehand--walking around like a hair-trigger asshole doesn't always make for a good time. I've also noticed that when I'm not actively using my Te, I tend to come off and even feel a lot more reserved and introverted than I actually am. I'm a noticeably off/on person--no dimmer effect going on over here.
    I agree it can be confusing being a highly sensitive extrovert or an empath and an extrovert. Also, sometimes poeple can not expect ur sensitive side to be non-existant or think that you were 'stronger' than they see now. SOrry to say it but such bullshit ... when did hiding one's sensitivities or true emotions become a 'strength' or being outwarly emotional become 'weak' .

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

Likes Digital Lion liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Depending on the triggers, I think so.
    Lately, I've had this Ni look, see-through eyes staring into the void trying to decipher the future events, as I'm thoroughly taking a step back, analyzing and going through many prospects before taking some major decisions. Even my body language was categorically different.

Stress, depression, purpose, coping mechanisms, state of mind, mindset and many parameters contribute into our extraversion/introversion. I believe that in essence, we are ambiverts who willingly choose one of both, and sometimes, both.
    Likes Riverfairy, Virtual ghost liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't believe you necessarily switch between being extroverted and introverted, you may reach out to other functions for short periods of time but you do not suddenly lead with that function. Concerning MBTI, there is a bit more that goes between being extroverted or introverted than how much you like being around people or how reserved you are. Because I lead with an introverted function and it's often quite difficult to interact primarily with an introverted function, I am commonly using Ne to talk with people. Am I extroverted during that interaction? No. I am using my extroverted function because I need to, but as an introvert I also need to back away from interaction often because that gets exhausting for extensive periods of time. As in, more than a couple hours. I could never even do sleepovers as a child because I needed time to internalize things alone with my Fi. It causes over-stimulation of my auxiliary function when I am interacting with others for too long due to this process. An extrovert reverting into their introverted function occasionally is not them turning into an introvert, it is them using that introverted function effectively and taking the time to internalize. Everyone needs to do that, introverts are just needing it constantly.

I believe I have read somewhere on this site or wherever that extroverts are more likely to relate to introverts than the opposite and I have to agree. I could never mistake myself as being extroverted, the need for personal time is constant throughout my life and goes far beyond introspective periods vs energized periods. Extroverts do need to dip into their auxiliary introverted function to reflect so their extroverted function has something to fall back on, that is a normal functioning extrovert in MBTI, but it's not what most introverted types experience and not you switching between a extroverted/introverted type.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    I don't believe you necessarily switch between being extroverted and introverted, you may reach out to other functions for short periods of time but you do not suddenly lead with that function. Concerning MBTI, there is a bit more that goes between being extroverted or introverted than how much you like being around people or how reserved you are. Because I lead with an introverted function and it's often quite difficult to interact primarily with an introverted function, I am commonly using Ne to talk with people. Am I extroverted during that interaction? No. I am using my extroverted function because I need to, but as an introvert I also need to back away from interaction often because that gets exhausting for extensive periods of time. As in, more than a couple hours. I could never even do sleepovers as a child because I needed time to internalize things alone with my Fi. It causes over-stimulation of my auxiliary function when I am interacting with others for too long due to this process. An extrovert reverting into their introverted function occasionally is not them turning into an introvert, it is them using that introverted function effectively and taking the time to internalize. Everyone needs to do that, introverts are just needing it constantly.

I believe I have read somewhere on this site or wherever that extroverts are more likely to relate to introverts than the opposite and I have to agree. I could never mistake myself as being extroverted, the need for personal time is constant throughout my life and goes far beyond introspective periods vs energized periods. Extroverts do need to dip into their auxiliary introverted function to reflect so their extroverted function has something to fall back on, that is a normal functioning extrovert in MBTI, but it's not what most introverted types experience and not you switching between a extroverted/introverted type.
    So do you think, nevertheless, that it is the secondary function (as an ENFJ: Ni) that is being developed during those periods or could it be any of the introverted functions?

I did feel drained by external interaction and did need time to reflect and be alone - not just because I needed to develop my internal world but also because I felt drained by spending time with people.

As I understand that my type might not have changed around that time. I wasn't acting through my Fe as much as through an introverted function (whichever that may be). Neveertheless, my interest in people and how they interact with each other was still present. This is why I thought maybe I was temporarily acting more INFJ or coming across as if I was even if I wasn't. The change was obvious people didn't really know what to do around me as it was very different from my usual self.

I have to say that I have has mental health difficulties. But, around that time I felt the most comfortable with myself and the most realised within my inner world. Which makes sense as the focus was on an introverted function. I am wondering which one that may have been and which one would be the 'default' per se? The secondary or the fourth or all of them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    From what I was observed...
    ESFx or Social extroverts cannot become introvert.
    INTx or Rational introverts cannot become extrovert.
    Others are all flexible more or less.
    Why such specific types?

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Depending on the triggers, I think so.
    Lately, I've had this Ni look, see-through eyes staring into the void trying to decipher the future events, as I'm thoroughly taking a step back, analyzing and going through many prospects before taking some major decisions. Even my body language was categorically different.

Stress, depression, purpose, coping mechanisms, state of mind, mindset and many parameters contribute into our extraversion/introversion. I believe that in essence, we are ambiverts who willingly choose one of both, and sometimes, both.
    Do you believe this for everybody?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    My social activity can become essentially non-exsistant for months at a time. My type, arrangement of functions, etc. doesn't change, nor do I become an introvert.
    Do you feel you develop your introverted functions during those times?