User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sp/sx

The best way I can describe it is that Ni really likes seeing what's behind something, what is more than what seems. When I try describe what I see and what I'm interested in, S types, especially Se users, see it as unnecessarily convoluted, and often, in the moment, it's true. It doesn't directly yield anything and worse of all, it is very difficult to explain.

Ni is very interested in making connections between many things and condensing it, and filtering down to a single idea, discovery, thought, whatever it is.
    Through experience and with time, Ni gets better and better at paying attention to these small details, and gets faster and faster with making their conclusions, and applying it to whatever it is their field of interest (via Fe or Te). They might seem suddenly good/insightful, even, at something (eg: an INFJ will suddenly be able to psychoanalyze you in the first 5 minutes of meeting), when all this time they've been unconsciously processing it all along.

Why this is a thing, is that Ni users (very, very prominent in very heavy Ni users) really want to see the answer behind everything, and how everything works, why they are as they are. They're fans of fundamentally understanding how something works, often so they can tinker with them and make them even better. This is because they are interested at what could be, more than what is. They gather their insights with Ni, and do something about it with Fe or Te, in their own ways.

I find these things, for the most part, true for IN_J in general. Just apply them to just about any aspect of anything, and you might get an understanding of what Ni is like, though do note that I'm taking notes off myself and off INTJ (since... I don't run into INFJ as often, offline anyway) so this is from my own + somewhat of an INTJ's perspective, at least in wording. But these things, as fellow Ni-doms, we can agree upon.
    ⸻ 空蝉うつせみ 描えがく 夢ゆめ
    Likes Fidelia, lifebouy liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    As an INFP, I can confirm that this is definitely a weakness of ours. It usually appears in young INFPs who have yet to develop their Te, thus not knowing how to properly handle objective fact when it involves their Fi ideals, perhaps even discounting it altogether. In comparison to an INFJ who is suppressing their inferior Se, they can come up with overly subjective views of the world and theorize with singular truths while being blind to their Se that may provide evidence that their intuitive ideas don't hold up as well in reality. If you are stuck typing an unhealthy or young INFX, this might be a useful bit of information to remember. Both Fi and Ni can be very stubborn and singular, but in different ways.

This is an amazing clarification.
    ⸻ 空蝉うつせみ 描えがく 夢ゆめ
    Likes notmyapples liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

It’s interesting to see what you guys see Ni as. Keep going.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    As an INFP, I can confirm that this is definitely a weakness of ours. It usually appears in young INFPs who have yet to develop their Te, thus not knowing how to properly handle objective fact when it involves their Fi ideals, perhaps even discounting it altogether. In comparison to an INFJ who is suppressing their inferior Se, they can come up with overly subjective views of the world and theorize with singular truths while being blind to their Se that may provide evidence that their intuitive ideas don't hold up as well in reality. If you are stuck typing an unhealthy or young INFX, this might be a useful bit of information to remember. Both Fi and Ni can be very stubborn and singular, but in different ways.
    I've found it especially difficult to interact with this aspect of a particular INFP ex and best friend now. He's so honest about it now it is so refreshing.

What weakness would you see in an ENFJ using Ni as a secondary function?

Trying to avoid unconscious mistakes here

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

MBTI
    ENFJ

Btw thank you guys I'm starting to understand the concept much better now

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfairy View Post
    I've found it especially difficult to interact with this aspect of a particular INFP ex and best friend now. He's so honest about it now it is so refreshing.

What weakness would you see in an ENFJ using Ni as a secondary function?

Trying to avoid unconscious mistakes here
    I haven't interacted as much with ENFJs, but most of their troubles would probably come from their Ti, not as much their Ni. Fe can make very in-the-moment emotional decisions that defy rationalism if they aren't utilizing Ti correctly. This is why EXFJs are sometimes portrayed as gossipy, without filters or emotionally volatile. Ni/Se tends to function a bit more naturally in an ENFJ because both functions are close in their stacking. Of course, this is all hypothetical based on the ENFJ's state of mind.
    Likes Riverfairy liked this post