• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] INFJ Tertiary Temptation. Can someone look into this and tell me what you think?

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ah, thanks, makes sense. Now I think I get what you mean by "how people will use their Fe to interpret the article is almost fixed".

Personally, when I post some theory here about type, I do so in hopes to get feedback about whether or not other people agree. It's sometimes difficult to tell whether that's what someone is doing- bouncing their theories off others to test it out- or if they actually feel entitled to dictate shared reality, as if they can make a thing true through sheer willpower (it's not done consciously, but the imbalance is clear to other people). The latter is indeed very grating to deal with, and I'll concede that I do catch a whiff of it in this guy's posts. I've also learned that sometimes other 'types' get overzealous in a way I don't understand, and it might be a case of the guy just not knowing he's coming on too strong. It's hard to say without extended exposure to a person (to see if they're just worked up in the moment and aren't paying attention to their tone, or if they consistently expect others to ingest their ideas whole). I believe I understand what you're saying though, and I agree.

This is a link in my signature I kept for a reason. For faster reading, check the "False guru" session.

I am in your boat man, and I feel the hurt when something like that happened. Not only the hurt of the others who refused or have no space to participate, but I feel the hurt of the author who posted out those stuff with or without realization, be it they deliberately doing so, or not.

In previous forums where I used to browse, which now I stopped posting, are full of people who posted their opinion not for the sake of discussion but the attempt to dominate the discussion by controlling whatever others are trying to post, and call people stupid, derailing, names, placing disagreement, insults, personal degrading, etc, to those who express a slight disagreement to the points that they are trying to lead people to believe. It happens so often in certain books I used to read and groups that I used to be in, and people just praise their masters as if they are Gods.

Nowadays, when I sense these threads, I simply choose not to participate at all.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I like articles such as this that try and suggest how you can grow in the use of your functions. As I'm not an INFJ, I can't say for certainty if what he recommends makes sense but as an INTJ, a lot of it fells like it does. The part abound finding a method of expression is exactly right for me. I have all these jumbled thoughts in my head and can do special things if I get them down on paper because it distills them and forces them to coalesce.

From what I read from your post I would assume that there are countless ideas that go undigested in your head. And I read somewhere too that this is a problem that an INTJ got. So the result is, that this thought lead you to something on how you are going to strenghten the functions that you either have, or sorta set it aside and look deep into something like the tertiary.

But anyways, if this article is something, despite how badly written it is, spark the exact thought you need to improve yourself and your life, then that is a good thing, and a good start for any kinds of constructive discussion :)