• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Are Ns superior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Basic troll thread. Don't feed it.
Look, if this thread leads to the discovery of an ancient Sanskrit passage that addresses MBTI, it'll be worth the price of admission.

Maybe that's what the Tower of Babel thing was all about? "No, fuck you, everybody; I henceforth partition all of creation into the Types, and ye shall adhere to them."

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No no, but i have experience in addition of S. Or ES. I myself care about ideas as IN, therefore i know.

And sience (and mbti or typology) observes, and theories are not facts. Jung drew this mbti based on the old religions from Asia, and there S equals earth and N heaven. These were facts.

So...S's are grounded while N's have their head in the clouds. Cloudy head isn't a good thing. They actually have some new innovative drug that will make you the smartest person on earth by removing brain fog from having your head in the clouds. It grounds you and brings you back down to earth. Sorry, I would tell you more, but I am not an N so I don't do that research thingy you speak of. It's all over facebook though...:) gotta be an N thing because us S types don't really know how to use the inter webz thingy. It's to complicated all this http, www, url, ssl, ftp, tcp, etc. I don't know why we moved from smoke signal to laser with that fancy voiP or was it fios. Crap, sucks to be an S in an N world.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK guys i mean to be honest, not offensive. But what does an S know when he votes? Materialists care about their pocket and i have firsthand experience with this as IN. There will be chaos if one doesn't use his mind.

oh how cute! I bet he doesn't know that I'm a Sensor who has a degree in political science even and he's already judging me :wubbie:

and to make it worse, I'm an ESTP... I mean, I shouldn't even be able to TYPE *gasp*

I'm afraid that you are woefully uneducated as to how type theory actually works, good sir. These things are preferences, not abilities... just because I can be aware of things surrounding me does not mean that I cannot process things mentally on a less than linear or traditional manner, just as I am sure that you are able to look both ways before crossing a street and can tell when food tastes good. Please go and read up on things before going around and insulting an entire group of people with your prejudices. If you would like, there are probably even some nice members here who would be happy to explain how MBTI works to you! :holy:

** said as a normal posting member here... and a Sensor

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very good, OP. Now, tell me about your father.

oh how cute! I bet he doesn't know that I'm a Sensor who has a degree in political science even and he's already judging me :wubbie:

Oh god. I have a degree in political science too! Am I a sensor?? What does this mean? MY WHOLE MBTI RELATED LIFE IS A LIE!

tumblr_n1kvp4WzzF1r1x4nlo3_400.gif

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
This is circular as hell.

If I ascribed things to cognitive functions, I would hope to Jesus that you're not a Ti user. But I don't, so I won't.
If this is a fact, surely you have a source?

Like, the old religions from Asia described JCF's Sensing as being from earth and JCF's Intuition as being from heaven? I'd love to see a passage to this effect from, say, the bhagavad ghita.
I am sorry. And it is circular but i have Aspergers and they are honorable (and IN).

I searched and the first hit was this. Heaven Man Earth Internal Arts International. In Zen they say earth heaven and man, hence our saying between heaven and earth.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

and to make it worse, I'm an ESTP... I mean, I shouldn't even be able to TYPE *gasp*

I'm afraid that you are woefully uneducated as to how type theory actually works, good sir. These things are preferences, not abilities... just because I can be aware of things surrounding me does not mean that I cannot process things mentally on a less than linear or traditional manner, just as I am sure that you are able to look both ways before crossing a street and can tell when food tastes good. Please go and read up on things before going around and insulting an entire group of people with your prejudices. If you would like, there are probably even some nice members here who would be happy to explain how MBTI works to you! :holy:

** said as a normal posting member here... and a Sensor

I know a clumsy ESTP..lol...that should be impossible

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh god. I have a degree in political science too! Am I a sensor?? What does this mean? MY WHOLE MBTI RELATED LIFE IS A LIE!

I just felt your IQ plummet 100 points! :cry:

I AM a clumsy ESTP :doh:

we have a tally at work as to how often I smash my fingers or get cut on things... :sadbanana:

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Dear [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]. I am sorry you are right, you have according to mbti two heavenly attributes, the firmness and structure of J and reflective and pondering attitude of I. S is not the important thing here, or N. It is heaven and earth. And finally you have a compassionate outlook.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

we have a tally at work as to how often I smash my fingers or get cut on things... :sadbanana:

Wait..your not a feeler. How can you feel it?...IMPOSTER

You remind me so much of my ESTP niece...lol.

Cygnus

The roughest relevant answer would be that Thinkers are most capable and hence most "superior," Sensors are somewhat more valuable than iNtuitives because they can better adapt to the speeds of their environs, and Feelers are basically the weakest single category. Again, this is relative. Neurological, and, most importantly, circumstantial, factors must be accounted for and individual talent often overrides the role of functions.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ohh noessss those were all the IQs I had!!! :cry:

(I was trying to save them up to buy something nice for the missus, you know? She's such a lady. It would be nice to take her out once in a while like the dame she is.)

AHA! I'm not the only one who's been living a lie it would appear. I bet you don't even lift, bro. :rolleyes:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would be interesting to create a thread about Buddhism and its relationship to functions. I've noticed that Se is helpful in being truly in the moment to experience the "now" instead of never really living, but always thinking about the next step which never comes. Buddhist meditation quiets the mind, lets go, and rests in the now. I value it because it helps to balance me away from my "N" inclinations and makes use of Se - to use MBTI speak.

Profound insights can come when one quiets the mind and stops over thinking.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait..your not a feeler. How can you feel it?...IMPOSTER

You remind me so much of my ESTP niece...lol.

OH MY GOD WHAT IF THE STEREOTYPES ARE WRONG?!?!?!?!? HOW WILL WE SURVIVE?!?!?!?!?

:overreact:

and your niece sounds like a nice girl :yes: (and absolutely brilliant!)

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Very good, OP. Now, tell me about your father.

My father I believe is ESTX and he was a prominent fighter aganst saddam of Iraq.
MBTI is a shaddow, you dont know for real if there is light or darkness.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The roughest relevant answer would be that Thinkers are most capable and hence most "superior," Sensors are somewhat more valuable than iNtuitives because they can better adapt to the speeds of their environs, and Feelers are basically the weakest single category. Again, this is relative. Neurological, and, most importantly, circumstantial, factors must be accounted for and individual talent often overrides the role of functions.

I can drop a feeler to their knees :devil: I wouldn't consider voluntary weakness a weakness though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So...S's are grounded while N's have their head in the clouds. Cloudy head isn't a good thing. They actually have some new innovative drug that will make you the smartest person on earth by removing brain fog from having your head in the clouds. It grounds you and brings you back down to earth. Sorry, I would tell you more, but I am not an N so I don't do that research thingy you speak of. It's all over facebook though...:) gotta be an N thing because us S types don't really know how to use the inter webz thingy. It's to complicated all this http, www, url, ssl, ftp, tcp, etc. I don't know why we moved from smoke signal to laser with that fancy voiP or was it fios. Crap, sucks to be an S in an N world.

I know they say you shouldn't drive in the fog if you can help it, and it applies to making some decisions as in if you feel foggy you probably shouldn't decide to get married and make a family. but wait for the fog to clear. actually if that happens go take a nap.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be interesting to create a thread about Buddhism and its relationship to functions. I've noticed that Se is helpful in being truly in the moment to experience the "now" instead of never really living, but always thinking about the next step which never comes. Buddhist meditation quiets the mind, lets go, and rests in the now. I value it because it helps to balance me away from my "N" inclinations and makes use of Se - to use MBTI speak.

Profound insights can come when one quiets the mind and stops over thinking.

I was wondering about that... I mean, mindfulness is about as Se as you can possibly get :shrug:

there is a lot of attention paid to being aware of the present as well... which seems a bit in the Se category to me as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.