• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] NFs and mysticism...ENFJ?

Incroyable33

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.:)

I just had a few questions regarding NFs, particularly ENFJs, and the concepts of mysticism and spirituality.

Ok, so I recently began the journey of figuring out my type and have since realized that function-wise Fe-Ni-Se-Ti seem to fit my way of thinking and processing information pretty well.

My issue is that, after I began trying to find ENFJs online, I noticed many of them have a very strong connection to mysticism and were very spiritual. Saw lots and lots of crystals...
After doing some more research I saw that mysticism is actually something that all NF types tend to gravitate to.

It's making me question weather I'm an ENFJ because I've never really felt any connection or interest in spirituality. I think I rebelled against my Catholic upbringing once in middle school and that was about the extent of it.

I mean, I believe in compassion and kindness. I'm passionate about helping anyone that I am capable of and am actually pursuing a degree in social work because I could see myself doing so every single day of my life.

Ahhhhh. I really hope this doesn't make it seem like I think there's any wrong with mysticism or anything like that. Gosh, I love all NFs regardless of weather or not I'm one of you.:wubbie:

If I didn't have such low Si I'd just say I was an ESFJ. Guess I could just be an overly congenial ENTJ 3w2. Idk. Any thoughts?

á´…eparted

passages
Well, for most of my life I was very spiritual. Heavily into astrology, tarot, crystals, ceremonies, prayer. The whole shebang really. However around 2-3 years ago, I became Atheist, as I realized everything I believed in is garbage and unsubstantiated. I also happen to be a scientist.

It's a stereotype for ENFJ's to be into that sort of stuff, but it happens. It happened with me, but I got past it.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've noticed that phenomenon on dedicated ENFJ subforums/groups.

I don't relate to it. I can't even force myself to resonate with crystals and chakras and superstition and prayer and magical thinking and all. Just not going to work for me.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ's tend to be associated with mysticism, and by that I mean a mystic mindset.

I do think it's important to separate the idea of mysticism and Mysticism. Mysticism (small m) is colloquially in its least judgemental definition is having a dreamy quality and professing knowledge through intuitive insight. Mysticism as a tradition is an attempt to achieve union with God through a number of different practices, most religions have a mystical tradition associated with them.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a ENFJ acquaintance, who grew up a atheist and was an intellectual mist of his life. Suddenly, at 42, he has become a full on mystic, with visions, faith healing, mysticism, etc.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
I am not into crystals, visions, magic, astrology, healing, prayer, ceremonies, tarot, etc. But i love mysticism. My hobby is gematria (of cabala); when i read greek and hebrew all i see is numbers. For some reason i have to find 666s. Did you know 666 is me? I can prove it. In hebrew "me" is MVNI which is 600+6+50+10 or 666. ...I think the misunderstanding lies in the definition of mysticism itself. Mysticism at its core has to do with a 'personal relationship' with god. And that in ITSELF is confusing....What did Jung even believe? Did he not define union with god in a more pantheistic way? It does not matter cuz he believed we all understand "god" naturally by TYPES- which makes us ALL mystics....so then maybe the question isnt what types are drawn to mysticism, but rather what types are drawn to WHAT TYPES of mysticism?