• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Encouragement?

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello,

I was recently typed as a ENFP. It seems as if, from my perception, we have no real redeeming qualities other than BeIng sO RAndOm and people orientated.

I know there is being creative, free spirit and all but other types are creative while having some intelligence (NTs). Most ENFP's I know are just down right idiotic.

People are shit, so what's the point being a people person.

Even the most glowing ENFP descriptions still paints us out to be annoying and useless.

I've been having a hard time accepting myself as a ENFP person just because I see no real positive aspects. Any proud ENFP's want to help persuade me otherwise?

xx

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Though we may all be typed into one personality type or another, we are much more complex than some personality type description. Not saying I don't see any merit in the MBTI system or any other personality system out there, but think about it, there is still SO much about the human brain that we have no understanding of. Emotion, experience, outlook, everything comes together to make each one of us unique and positively radiant in the eyes of anyone else that just pauses to take notice. I wholly believe this, and wanted to tell you my perspective as it relates to your feeling dissatisfied about your type. We can be given a type and basis for understanding ourselves and how we may process information, but what we do with that information and how can further develop ourselves into the people we know we want and can be, is where the real magic lies.

As you can see in my bio, I too, am an ENFP. The more I read about our shared type, the more I become frustrated for the very reasons you bring up. I know many perceptions are merely stereotypes, but having an image of some bouncing ball of doofus is nothing to be proud of, particularly when you see yourself as much deeper and thoughtful than that sad image. Listen, I used to be very hard on myself growing up as I never fit into the typical qualifiers of what classifies a student as "smart" in high school. I was no math wiz, I had a hard time remembering dates and names in history, and to this day, I still have a hard time with spelling as my brain often thinks words should be spelt the way they sound and not follow some organizing structure of rules no matter how logical. However, I found architecture and have found my secret talent that just so happens to allow my ENFP personality type to shine where some other personality types may struggle. Our scattered thought process and ability to make connections between seemingly disparate metaphors means that I am very adept at pulling from my personal background in the arts, design, and music, and synthesize those influences to solve spatial and design issues that I often come across in a building project, and my solutions are always highly unique and original. I never brag of my abilities and prefer to let my work do the talking.

So even though our type is often pointed in the direction of social work or other career paths where we can use our abilities to easily connect to people, those very same abilities and the ones I mentioned above, can also be used in other applications, and particularly when called upon to come up with a creative solution to a problem, ENFPs are pretty bad ass ;)

So find your secret weapon, and go out and amaze the pants off of the people you meet with our type's uncanny ability to see the invisible, to see the not yet imagined, and to see a life that is far greater than anyone else can ever imagine.

Nowhere

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'd like to think being good with people is the foundation of it all, no matter what your profession or expertise happens to be, it surely is one of the biggest assets one can have. But that's only me.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello,

I was recently typed as a ENFP. It seems as if, from my perception, we have no real redeeming qualities other than BeIng sO RAndOm and people orientated.

I know there is being creative, free spirit and all but other types are creative while having some intelligence (NTs). Most ENFP's I know are just down right idiotic.

People are shit, so what's the point being a people person.

Even the most glowing ENFP descriptions still paints us out to be annoying and useless.

I've been having a hard time accepting myself as a ENFP person just because I see no real positive aspects. Any proud ENFP's want to help persuade me otherwise?

xx

ENFP's have one of the highest levels of intelligence. We are amazing at getting through the fluff and seeing the core of an issue. We are really good at adapting in any situation. Most ENFP's love themselves. The fact that you don't tells me you need to explore a bit more about yourself and that something about your behavior isn't healthy.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Is a person who tend to get along with ENFPs and have two wonderful ENFPs friends good enough? ;) One is an artist, the second is more into science.

The fact that ENFPs are often people-orientated doesn't mean they are not inteligent.

If you concerned about practical abilities. I actually find ENFPs I know coping well with difficulties in life. When they decide what they want, they can find easily the solution and they can be pretty determined. Creativity and knowing a lot of people is rather an advantage than an obstacle. I find them very helpful and they can do a lot of to another people, but the good comes back sometimes and they find the job easier etc. They are also often adaptable, so when they need to move or make any other great change in life, it doesn't make them miserable, they may take it even as challenge, adventure or a bunch of new possibilities.

Oh and I'm never bored with them.

It's a good type. Really. It has weaknesses, but we all do.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
you think YOU got it bad. well at least you aren't an INFP. lol. seriously though i have a good enfp friend who turned me on to all this stuff. after 52 years of living you'd think SOMEONE would have told me about personality psych. Someone! And it was not a xSTJ. . (those are the people i get codependent on). Nothing personal against xSTJs. We all complement each other. That's the whole point of this forum..having said that i think're nfp will become a disability if you dont learn to understand YOU and how you work best in society. . your E will be your greatest (or easiest) asset since our society leans more toward rewarding Es....i'm in a HUGE hole right now cuz i went my whole life without the "owners manual"..... don't dig your hole any deeper. get out and go :)