• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Balance

Striver

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
I am trying 2 find a balance between fitting in and expressing my soul. Its hard. I find that doing yoga daily helps me connect with my body and there4 am more grounded and able 2 cope with life. But when im feeling disconnectd from myself i usualy end up alienating myself from people and al the typical infj problems surface. I wish i cld maintain people connection as wel as being and openly living the real me! Does anyone think this is asking alot of myself?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Does anyone think this is asking alot of myself?

No. We all are social animals. When you have comfortable relationships around, they will not disconnect you with yourself.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
‎"Problems begin when we don’t get what we think we want, when this
physical world becomes for us all that there is. This world is but a journey, a mere traveling experience on our way to our real journey. If we know this, then how we be sad or affected by this physical world? Today, don’t let the world get you down.” Yeheda Bergreal

Striver wrote, "Does anyone think this is asking alot of myself?" Yes for it happens to be an ideal few attain, for life is in constant flux and it is hard to stay grounded. Oh, i'm sure some are more capable in comparison with others. But, i think every one has a struggle and we can not always see the struggle in other people's lives. It is a worthy idea, but it is a constant journey. One needs to change course directions. Do not be too hard with yourself.

An ideal to follow is:
In a religious sense one is one with Tao, in Taoism.
One is with reality.
One is not fighting reality.
One is not trying to control reality.
One is surrendering to the universe.
One is surrendering one's ego.
One is one with the "holy ghost".
One is one with Gaia.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Remember to be one with the people also. They are part of Gaia... :yes:

And I would add that you will have to surrender to your ego in order to let it go. Like they point out in zen, nothing is so full of ego as trying to free yourself of it.

Striver

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
You have both given me food for thought - thanks

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am trying 2 find a balance between fitting in and expressing my soul. Its hard. I find that doing yoga daily helps me connect with my body and there4 am more grounded and able 2 cope with life. But when im feeling disconnectd from myself i usualy end up alienating myself from people and al the typical infj problems surface. I wish i cld maintain people connection as wel as being and openly living the real me! Does anyone think this is asking alot of myself?

At least your doing yoga, thats positive :). Why do you feel disconnected from yourself? My situation is opposite from yours but similar, for the past month Ive been wanting to disconnect from people...it's been hard. I want to disconnect from them because I need to work on my own issues. Maybe you just need to work out your own personal issues to be able to feel comfortable connecting with others?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Will we find balance in our lifetime? How does one achieve this mysterius balance, and finally what impedes us from achieving this ideal?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Will we find balance in our lifetime?

That's a big question. :yes:

I find it interesting that this "balance" is such a big part of the common mythology. It comes from the east, but doesn't bring much with it. It isn't like you have a bible about balance. Even the sages who wrote about it are more often than not saying that you cannot describe it.

What do you personally find impeding you from living in balance?