• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Gamma] is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?

Apeironstella

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I prefer to adhere to MBTI definitions.

The only thing this table proves is that the two systems are not interchangable, at least not readily.

For instance Socionics Fe sounds like MBTI Fi and Socionics Fi sounds like MBTI Fe. Similarly Socionics T and MBTI T definitons seem to be reversed.

Ni and Ne seem more or less aligned.

MBTI Si makes great sense to me cause it represents traditions and cultural rules of good conduct internalized by a person, which also extends to any other experience recorded internally in sensory terms (i.e. information related to 5 senses). Socionics Si is not necessarily off the mark in that Si also relates to serenity in that Si is supressed Se meaning primal impulses being kept in check, calmness.

Likewise Socionics Se is not off the mark.

So I can say that when making a conversion from MBTI type to Socionics type, Se/Si and Ne/Ni can be kept the same whereas Fe/Fi and Te/Ti should be reversed.

For ESTP for instance, this would mean in MBTI Se-Ti-Fe-Ni, when converting that to socionics type, the function names should be changed as follows, Se-Te-Fi-Ni.

That's why I avoid socionics.
I'd say perceiving functions especially differ between both systems with MBTI Si being halfway to Socionics Ni, with MBTI Se being simplified to the point of being one step away from "being able to perceive things with your eyes+physically being active and present" actually?

And I don't see why Socionics should rename things to comply with MBTI's descriptions of what functions is, frankly.

Both systems were developed independent of each other with very different goals, and Socionics information elements already have different names in use in Socionics circles as well.

And Ti is still the ability to create logical structures to scaffhold information in both systems, for it to be simply swapped to Te, especially when Socionics Te is about the concrete, objective logic in terms of being external.

And I don't see Fe and Fi that different in both systems, so much as what sides of it said element is focused on, really.

It's interesting to see how differently we perceive how functions are defined between systems, with which one we favor too, though.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't go by MBTI or socionics,
I just study the functions. o_O