• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carbon Dating Innacurate

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Looks like creationists and big bangists were both wrong. Carbon dating, as we know using simple syllogisms, is not a valid way of dating. This article implies that carbon dating is only now becoming obsolete but logically speaking, if we were unaware of this issue, then how many more issues are we unaware of involving the accuracy and effects of our environment on dating using carbon.

Again, science today is an enterprise bordinger religion. Philosophy is still the logical king for discovering truth and constructing a model of reality. The scientific method is a philosophical tool first. Science has hijacked it to waylay funding and spending.

If we were truly scientific we would spend more money on raising human conciousness, and technologies that improve the quality of life.

As it stands, like Beavis and Butthead, instead we use our resources to improve and upgrade soft drinks and construct weapons of mass destruction.

Kudos to science...the enterprise...not the scientific method - distinguish between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150720154505.htm

93JC

:rolleyes:

Radiocarbon dating is not "inaccurate"; we've known about this "problem" for decades. The natural proportion of C[sup]14[/sup] to C[sup]12[/sup] has fluctuated over time; accurate radiocarbon dating has always corrected for it.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Carbon dating becomes more inaccurate the more nuclear weapon testing we do. Destroying our heritage and past by a bunch of guys who want to show they have the biggest dick.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is old hat, as pointed out. I'd have to read the publication to see what's novel about the whole thing.

But generally, sometimes we get things wrong but then we correct those wrong things. It's been a net positive for us, even though, yeah, science has been used for relatively trivial and/or bad things, such as soft drinks, WMDs, typology forums' servers, and word processors used to write journal articles.

I.. have no idea how carbon dating relating to measuring time is anything like a syllogism.

Science did essentially branch out from philosophy, yeah, and scientists need to be damn sure that they understand that before they dismiss philosophy as a whole.

I haven't seen any episodes of Beavis and Butthead where they used science to improve soft drinks or make weapons of mass destruction. Would probably have blown the whole "Fire!" controversy out the window, so I think I'd at least have heard about it..?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is old hat, as pointed out. I'd have to read the publication to see what's novel about the whole thing.

But generally, sometimes we get things wrong but then we correct those wrong things. It's been a net positive for us, even though, yeah, science has been used for relatively trivial and/or bad things, such as soft drinks, WMDs, typology forums' servers, and word processors used to write journal articles.

I.. have no idea how carbon dating relating to measuring time is anything like a syllogism.

Science did essentially branch out from philosophy, yeah, and scientists need to be damn sure that they understand that before they dismiss philosophy as a whole.

I haven't seen any episodes of Beavis and Butthead where they used science to improve soft drinks or make weapons of mass destruction. Would probably have blown the whole "Fire!" controversy out the window, so I think I'd at least have heard about it..?

Because Cornholio

Cornholio.jpg

He looks Macaulay Culkin-ish now.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
There is the scientific method...and then there is science, which perports to be teh scientific method, or be founded on it, but which is an enterprise guarded and steered by the almighty dollar.