• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this Braveheart character?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love him! <3333 Yes, he's crazy and a bit bizarre, but he protects Wallace and actually has a really deep core. ;D

[YOUTUBE="lwx2ce_AyOE"]Stephen - You're f****[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="qcaG718ZnQE"]Stephen - Wasn't right in the head[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="t5kNHiGIKGQ"]Stephen - My island[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="MLEpZm957jk"]Stephen - Just answer the f***** question[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="sUJDMaVDgtU"]Bad Quality - Insane Irish[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Wp9R8iNBVGo"]Stephen - Pics and Audio Clips[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

Crazy ESFP, I think (no, that's not necessarily an ENFP imo :D).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about the ESFP point.

Stephen 'wears' that sort of thing as a disguise, but it's just a persona.
The extroverted emo craziness is just a ruse, meant to throw people off so he preserves maximum options for himself.

I think the true Stephen is far more like the thoughtful reasoned Stephen we catch briefly right before Wallace heads to town (after being decked in frustration by Hamish), and then the Stephen we see in town with Hamish watching the execution.

Bottom line: A crazy person can't convincingly act that deeply sane; but a sane person can pretend to be convincingly crazy.

Stephen's not actually mercurial, he's actually got a stable core to him. This is more an introvert's trait, or one of the more introverted extroverts (of which ESFP is definitively not). He's actually one of the "wisest" characters in the film, so I would look at types that typically end up filling that role.

(As comparison, Wallace himself is some sort of NF -- he's a "catalyst" by nature, and most consciously in his speeches to Robert the Bruce.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know about the ESFP point.

Stephen 'wears' that sort of thing as a disguise, but it's just a persona.
The extroverted emo craziness is just a ruse, meant to throw people off so he preserves maximum options for himself.

I think the true Stephen is far more like the thoughtful reasoned Stephen we catch briefly right before Wallace heads to town (after being decked in frustration by Hamish), and then the Stephen we see in town with Hamish watching the execution.

Bottom line: A crazy person can't convincingly act that deeply sane; but a sane person can pretend to be convincingly crazy.

Stephen's not actually mercurial, he's actually got a stable core to him. This is more an introvert's trait, or one of the more introverted extroverts (of which ESFP is definitively not). He's actually one of the "wisest" characters in the film, so I would look at types that typically end up filling that role.

(As comparison, Wallace himself is some sort of NF -- he's a "catalyst" by nature, and most consciously in his speeches to Robert the Bruce.)

I know, I tried to find a video of that. But I couldn't find it. That pissed me off because I also thought that was the 'real' him. That's why I included the videos with the pictures, because that - at least - gives a little glimpse.

That's one of the things I love about the character. He's silly and crazy, but deep down, he expresses truth with what he says. And at the end, he's really deep and wise, as you put it. Argh. I wish I could find it.

KDude

Why does thoughtfulness negate ESFP? It's not like they're stuck in a teenage stage or something.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not saying he's not ESFP. I asked because I was rather perplexed myself. :)