• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Working from home? Communications innovations

Lark

Are you working from home during the pandemic? If you are what is good and what's not so good about it? Do you think you'll work more from home when the pandemic ends? Do you think that more people should work from home or more meetings and communication could be conducted via computer technology? Why and why not?

Deprecator

Yes and I think it's great. When working on site there was a lot of pressure to maintain a certain aurora of professionalism, meaning we had to dress a certain way and at least look like we're paying attention during meetings. Now that I'm working from home as a consultant I have a lot more freedom, especially since I was expressly forbidden from doing any form of "side work", such as assisting processing teams (apparently leadership wanted to know how much each time could handle, and if any given team became overly reliant on my assistance then they crash as soon as I become busy with my actual job). The highlight of 2020 for me was when I solved a 3x3 rubics cube without any algorithms, guides or outside help. It took a LONG time for me to do and I had given up hope that I'd ever solve it on my own multiple times, but I eventually did solve it on my own and it was done 100% while on the clock.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I work from home and in the field so I have no need to go to an "office" regardless of Covid. While I am very comfortable this way and enjoy the flexibility, I don't know that it's good for everyone. I still think there is a need for face to face at least some of the time - that doesn't have to be staff meetings or something soul sucking, not some mandatory team "fun" time. But something specifically for fostering relationships with co-workers - like a casual lunch or whatever. The rest can be a zoom or email. But at this point, people aren't going to want to go back when they know their job can be done remote for the most part. All that $$ being saved on office rent and utilities can go towards higher wages for workers.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, the world will never be quite the same after this pandemic exactly because the working from home has become much more "popular". Especially since it brings plenty of savings in a various ways. While some business like local restaurant may go broke over this. I mean the whole documentaries have been made about this. Since this is the transformation that wasn't really expected just a year ago.