• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude, in the genuine 2nd world countries there are no elections at all. There is only "THE PARTY".

True, the term originally existed edas a way to define the different blocs in the cold war. The 3rd world was the "non-aligned" bloc which mostly consisted of ex-colonial nations in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.

It's kind of outdated in that respect.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dude, in the genuine 2nd world countries there are no elections at all. There is only "THE PARTY".

Ahhhh by 2nd world country I don't mean China though that is a good example too I was thinking more Ukraine, South Africa e.t.c Still democratic at least in theory and not a total mess but not the best(I am aware 1st,2nd and 3rd world used to be a political term back in the cold war for poltical blocks but in this context I mean not quite 3rd world not sure what the official term is those days, I'm probably missing something somewhere admittedly im not always good at reading the room :newwink:)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True, the term originally exist as a way to define the different blocs in the cold war. The 3rd world was the "non-aligned" block which mostly consisted of ex-colonial nations
in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.

Yes.
I know pretty well why I said that. Since Banana republics are third world.
While China evidently wouldn't tolerate any of this and it would be cut down in it roots.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ahhhh by 2nd world country I don't mean China though that is a good example too I was thinking more Ukraine, South Africa e.t.c Still democratic at least in theory and not a total mess but not the best(I am aware 1st,2nd and 3rd world used to be a political term back in the cold war for poltical blocks but in this context I mean not quite 3rd world not sure what the official term is those days, I'm probably missing something somewhere admittedly im not always good at reading the room :newwink:)

The East European countries that started the path of democracy are somewhat of a disputed area in this sense. Since they are somewhere between 1th world and 2nd world. Plus a lot depend from country to country since they all haven't equality progress over the last 30 years. However South Africa evidently doesn't classify as 2nd world in standard definition. Which is primarily defined through Communism, or at least being Communist at one point.

dYSUHT1wLh36KAgFfOWjtN8Py5-OCouojafUmLPnrHRJXP_9OLjd3SvMWWjrGdEpENCbUsxXjOdlNh7Ly_TBlg43BQSI0TM

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes.
I know pretty well why I said that. Since Banana republics are third world.
While China evidently wouldn't tolerate any of this and it would be cut down in it roots.

Not arguing, really, I'm just adding my own clarification.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no "bothsideisms" "whataboutisms" to do here. What they are doing is disgusting. Treasonous. Criminal. I care LITTLE what they identify as. I prefer to call them by their proper name.

Terrorists. They are terrorists attempting to destroy a country to get their way. Whoever or whatever they are does not matter. What matters is what they have DONE. And there is no defense. There is no defense. Do not defend them, I don't care what political fucking party you belong to. If you are okay with them, and what they're doing, you are a terrorist too.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
On my local sites I see something that the most famous twitter account got suspended for 12 hours. I don't know if this is true but it could be, otherwise this could really be a tough night. It really is the time to pull the plug and end the show.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There's no "bothsideisms" "whataboutisms" to do here. What they are doing is disgusting. Treasonous. Criminal. I care LITTLE what they identify as. I prefer to call them by their proper name.

Terrorists. They are terrorists attempting to destroy a country to get their way. Whoever or whatever they are does not matter. What matters is what they have DONE. And there is no defense. There is no defense. Do not defend them, I don't care what political fucking party you belong to. If you are okay with them, and what they're doing, you are a terrorist too.

My local sites claim that this doesn't really fit that term and that this is just trollism that got out of control. :D

It is kinda fitting word.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My local sites claim that this doesn't really fit that term and that this is just trollism that got out of control. :D

It is kinda fitting word.

They put up a noose. They went into Pelosi's office leaving a "we won't back down" note. They called it the start of a "Revolution". Giulini is out cheering for them. Trump said he "loves them". I am calling it terrorism.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
They put up a noose. They went into Pelosi's office leaving a "we won't back down" note. They called it the start of a "Revolution". Giulini is out cheering for them. Trump said he "loves them". I am calling it terrorism.

I know, I am just joking in the dark times.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

And they all to a soul believe that history will remember them as Patriots, just like in their stories. :dry:
Millions of ears and they all hear the music of "liberty"

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can we arrest Giulini too for god fucking sakes, trial by combat? YOU INCITED VIOLENCE YOU DUMB BITCH.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Errr. What we have is two party duopoly largely influenced by the corporate elite. So it’s not far off.

We have the illusion of democracy in the USA

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Errr. What we have is two party duopoly largely influenced by the corporate elite. So it’s not far off.

We have the illusion of democracy in the USA

Yes, but the concept of the second world also has economic and other implications. Not everything is in "democracy". I am basically a second worlder and here quite a few things are pretty different than in the US. Over the years US indeed moved in second world direction but in my book that is not enough. However Trump is clearly one of the things that are actually pushing in this direction.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I am reading the thread, I don't have much to say, though, just wish you luck.

I think that the US is still a first world country, but, yeah, if things go downhill that might change in a few years, I don't think that changes in a few weeks unless Trump supporters starts to internally nuke "democrat" cities. I know the US had a civil war, don't know or remember when, but I am pretty sure there were not nuclear bombs back then. I always thought that Donald Trump being a likely psychopath is actually very dangerous because of the nuclear bombs he probably has the right to launch, so this conflict can actually get very dangerous, but I don't think it will head that way.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am reading the thread, I don't have much to say, though, just wish you luck.

I think that the US is still a first world country, but, yeah, if things go downhill that might change in a few years, I don't think that changes in a few weeks unless Trump supporters starts to internally nuke "democrat" cities. I know the US had a civil war, don't know or remember when, but I am pretty sure there were not nuclear bombs back then. I always thought that Donald Trump being a likely psychopath is actually very dangerous because of the nuclear bombs he probably has the right to launch, so this conflict can actually get very dangerous, but I don't think it will head that way.

As a U.S. citizen, lemme just say this:

What happened today is a clear indicator that we’re not a completely civilized country. Since apparently half of our people support this bullshit, we deserve to lose the credibility of being seen as a “first world” democratic nation.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
As a U.S. citizen, lemme just say this:

What happened today is a clear indicator that we’re not a completely civilized country. Since apparently half of our people support this bullshit, we deserve to lose the credibility of being seen as a “first world” democratic nation.

I don't really think so, because the first world has economic implications as well, even though I know that the Gini on US is getting quite high, so while in countries like Finland capitalism and the system is great for like 95-99% of people who live there and any reason of them being unhappy are unrelated to economic despair, the same can no longer be said about the US, since yeah, life sucks for the 20-30% poor people, but this is very far from a third world country. I know, however, that you were quite unlucky to have Trump on the COVID pandemic - I guess Obama, Bush or almost any of the earlier presidents would handle it better.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but the concept of the second world also has economic and other implications. Not everything is in "democracy". I am basically a second worlder and here quite a few things are pretty different than in the US. Over the years US indeed moved in second world direction but in my book that is not enough. However Trump is clearly one of the things that are actually pushing in this direction.

Cost of living vs income, high poverty and homelessness, extreme disparities between upper and lowest classes, declining infrastructure et al.

Economically we are worse off than any other so-called first world country. We are post-first world, which essentially makes us second world.

If it helps, don’t think of us in terms of what you think of when you imagine most second world countries—think of us as a second world empire. Late period Western Roman Empire, if you will. Break the USA down into regions and you see a handful of prosperous oases scattered around several larger second world regions.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Expel Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley from the Senate.