• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus Rant Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think [MENTION=14857]Powehi[/MENTION] had a great idea and I also will probably find myself here because I seem to find these articles of people like...dipshits in Kentucky who test positive and have to have house arrest put on them for refusing to abide by the quarantine.

:doh:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People keep throwing their masks and gloves all across the road... I was hoping since people were sticking to their houses that there would be a little bit less litter, but it seems my hopes were a bit high.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't like Governor Cuomo's ban on the sale of hydroxychloroquine outside of the hospital and clinical trial setting. This chemical works best when administered early. Once the virus has damaged the lungs and created inflammation, it's a bit late and pointless to administer it. Cuomo's decision will cause people who would have otherwise recovered fully from using hydroxychloroquine early on to get really, really sick and die. A good number of hospitals have also decided not to administer hydroxychloroquine early on when the patient is still in good health. Other nations, like France, are giving this drug on Day 1 of the hospital visit.

When this is over, I hope our leaders take a good, long look at the practices at hospitals; some of the decisions have been very poor and illogical. It'd also be a good idea if public health experts would scour the net for scientific journal articles on this particular subject. Scientists have already figured out how to kill the coronavirus back in November 2010. Fauci, do your damn homework!

á´…eparted

passages
I don't like Governor Cuomo's ban on the sale of hydroxychloroquine outside of the hospital and clinical trial setting. This chemical works best when administered early. Once the virus has damaged the lungs and created inflammation, it's a bit late and pointless to administer it. Cuomo's decision will cause people who would have otherwise recovered fully from using hydroxychloroquine early on to get really, really sick and die. A good number of hospitals have also decided not to administer hydroxychloroquine early on when the patient is still in good health. Other nations, like France, are giving this drug on Day 1 of the hospital visit.

When this is over, I hope our leaders take a good, long look at the practices at hospitals; some of the decisions have been very poor and illogical. It'd also be a good idea if public health experts would scour the net for scientific journal articles on this particular subject. Scientists have already figured out how to kill the coronavirus back in November 2010. Fauci, do your damn homework!

Read this and stop posting this bullshit.

More on Chloroquine/Azithromycin. And On Dr. Raoult. | In the Pipeline

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My inclination is to punch people in the face who threaten the health of my mother, who needs that drug to treat her lupus. Thankfully her insurance company is looking out for her and making sure she has a supply that will last her quite awhile. But the idea that the people who have an established need for it should just go without because it might help. Fuck that.

Jaguar

My inclination is to punch people in the face who threaten the health of my mother, who needs that drug to treat her lupus. Thankfully her insurance company is looking out for her and making sure she has a supply that will last her quite awhile. But the idea that the people who have an established need for it should just go without because it might help. Fuck that.

Indeed.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People keep throwing their masks and gloves all across the road... I was hoping since people were sticking to their houses that there would be a little bit less litter, but it seems my hopes were a bit high.

for fucking real? like this doesn't help people NOT GET CORONAVIRUS YOU DUMBSHITSSS AHHHH humans make me so mad.

- - - Updated - - -

:hug: Hope you're mother is ok hun.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This is awful, honestly this who situation is showing how self absorbed/unsympathetic people can be, especially when in regards to the well being and lives of other people. Similarly to this, my neighbor's mothers medication was actually stolen from her mailbox when the road's mailboxes were looted the other day. People are frantically looking for anything that will help them during this bs and I hate that all the backlash seems to center around those who are already struggling.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is awful, honestly this who situation is showing how self absorbed/unsympathetic people can be, especially when in regards to the well being and lives of other people. Similarly to this, my neighbor's mothers medication was actually stolen from her mailbox when the road's mailboxes were looted the other day. People are frantically looking for anything that will help them during this bs and I hate that all the backlash seems to center around those who are already struggling.

Oh my god, that's so awful. I hope that she was able to get her medications replaced quickly.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But then her pharmacy wouldn't fill the whole refill. :doh:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm out of Kleenex. I can't get Kleenex until this thing is over and this won't be over until New York gets its act together. California's numbers appear to be flattening already. We had 15, 21, 32, 34, 41, and 44 deaths the past 6 days (187 deaths combined). New York's numbers are still peaking.

Lark

I'm out of Kleenex. I can't get Kleenex until this thing is over and this won't be over until New York gets its act together. California's numbers appear to be flattening already. We had 15, 21, 32, 34, 41, and 44 deaths the past 6 days (187 deaths combined). New York's numbers are still peaking.

Why do you suppose that is?

Either the kleenex shortages or the NY figures.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lark said:
Why do you suppose that is?

Either the kleenex shortages or the NY figures.

People act irrationally during crises and that manifests in hoarding perishable goods that they think won't be available if this pandemic continues. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. All the shelves are empty for napkins, toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex. I'm guessing that some of this behavior comes from immigrants who've experienced toilet paper shortages for a prolonged period of time in their native lands, like Venezuela.

New York is a mess because of the population density, all the high-rise buildings with crowded elevators, and the mass transit system - the subways. I don't think New Yorkers got the message to stay out of crowded elevators or the subway, so this bug has spread much faster and further than in other places.

I also think Governor Cuomo's ban on the sale of hydroxychloroquine outside of the hospital/clinical trial setting has contributed to the problem. If you take this drug early enough, as in France, you get far better outcomes. We have no statistics on how many of the 9500 + dead people were treated with hydroxychloroquine. When the stats do come out (and it'll probably be many months), I think we'll find out that very few of them got the treatment early, if at all.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People act irrationally during crises and that manifests in hoarding perishable goods that they think won't be available if this pandemic continues. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. All the shelves are empty for napkins, toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex. I'm guessing that some of this behavior comes from immigrants who've experienced toilet paper shortages for a prolonged period of time in their native lands, like Venezuela.

New York is a mess because of the population density, all the high-rise buildings with crowded elevators, and the mass transit system - the subways. I don't think New Yorkers got the message to stay out of crowded elevators or the subway, so this bug has spread much faster and further than in other places.

I also think Governor Cuomo's ban on the sale of hydroxychloroquine outside of the hospital/clinical trial setting has contributed to the problem. If you take this drug early enough, as in France, you get far better outcomes. We have no statistics on how many of the 9500 + dead people were treated with hydroxychloroquine. When the stats do come out (and it'll probably be many months), I think we'll find out that very few of them got the treatment early, if at all.

I am sorry there's no Kleenex. surprisingly in Idaho they haven't raided that one...yet...

á´…eparted

passages

No, this a sack of shit lies. Holy good god why will you not listen?!?!?!

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
to be clear: there is no confirmation any of the things discussed currently work. It is purely speculation.

The only thing we are noticing positives on:
my mom has mentioned online friends who got it, got the shortness of breath, and were prescribed inhalers with steroids. this appears to help some, it was also originally discovered as a possible aid in Japan. this is the one doctors are going to besides bedrest and ventilators.

There is a doctor in new York saying he thinks ventilators at fullest use may be the wrong treatment, because he mentioned never seeing anything like it before. but he compared it to decompression sickness, the way the lungs are struggling. He said it is working but even with ventilators they are still turning blue and suffocating. If this is true, it may also explain the broad range of symptoms as depending where the "bubble" exists in the body, the symptoms of decompression sickness will vary. He suggested possibly lowering the strength of the ventilator to see if it helps more. He was putting it out to see if anyone else has ideas. I truly hope our doctors do come together on the issue and find something.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The drug can only treat corona with strict doctor supervision, and when the pros outweigh the cons. I've read nothing about it being administered before pnemonia stage. The drug works by entering cells, amd preventing rna/dna replication. It can also rupture cells, and it also blocks potassium from leaving cells, which stop muscles from contracting (messaging between neurons). Aka, your heart can be affected and it stops beating. It should not be used for outpatient at all for corona. One accidental misdose can be fatal. It has to be used in pair with other drugs as well to keep the heart beating properly.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The drug can only treat corona with strict doctor supervision, and when the pros outweigh the cons. I've read nothing about it being administered before pnemonia stage. The drug works by entering cells, amd preventing rna/dna replication. It can also rupture cells, and it also blocks potassium from leaving cells, which stop muscles from contracting (messaging between neurons). Aka, your heart can be affected and it stops beating. It should not be used for outpatient at all for corona. One accidental misdose can be fatal. It has to be used in pair with other drugs as well to keep the heart beating properly.

that sounds like serious shit...x.x

á´…eparted

passages

No. There is no meaningful evidence th the t this "treatment" is helpful, and if anything is potentially harmful due to side effects.

Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

Small Trial Suggests Antimalarial Drugs Not Effective For Treating Coronavirus

More on Chloroquine/Azithromycin. And On Dr. Raoult. | In the Pipeline

Hydroxychloroquine Update For April 6 | In the Pipeline