• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Might be all that metaphorical Trump dick sucking Lindsay Graham has done for the last 5 years. Dunno....

Well, the challenger also seems to be pretty decent guy.

But besides that I have honest question: Despite polls and TV what does your gut feeling telling you, will your state really flip in November ?
I mean one thing are media and their stories, while situation on the field is usually much more complex story (even if both are going in the same direction).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, the challenger also seems to be pretty decent guy.

But besides that I have honest question: Despite polls and TV what does your gut feeling telling you, will your state really flip in November ?
I mean one thing are media and their stories, while situation on the field is usually much more complex story (even if both are going in the same direction).

Mine as in Michigan? Flip as in Trump or Biden or the US senate race or both?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Mine as in Michigan? Flip as in Trump or Biden or the US senate race or both?

Race for president, I mean you are from one the key states in the whole election.
The things is that I can only see polls and TV stuff, but that isn't quite it for me. Since general social atmosphere is often much better indicator of what will happen than polls. I am not after an essay on the issue. Simple "the polls could be true" is enough for me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Race for president, I mean you are from one the key states in the whole election.
The things is that I can only see polls and TV stuff, but that isn't quite it for me. Since general social atmosphere is often much better indicator of what will happen than polls. I am not after an essay on the issue. Simple "the polls could be true" is enough for me.

I think there is huge voter regret in Michigan from 2016. The protests and violence happening thousands of miles from here, don't impact in the way some people might make you think it does. People are sick of Trump and his shit and inaction from the senate after the house has passed hundreds of bills to help the majority of people in this country. Full stop. That's from years of talking to voters in this state. COVID and the economy since aside. That's how I truly see it and what I have heard and it doesn't really matter the party. Full on MAGA are hopeless and I don't care what they think or say.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't really get the point in making New Mexico, Colorado and Virginia a major talking point, since those aren't really the swing states anymore.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think there is huge voter regret in Michigan from 2016. The protests and violence happening thousands of miles from here, don't impact in the way some people might make you think it does. People are sick of Trump and his shit and inaction from the senate after the house has passed hundreds of bills to help the majority of people in this country. Full stop. That's from years of talking to voters in this state. COVID and the economy since aside. That's how I truly see it and what I have heard and it doesn't really matter the party. Full on MAGA are hopeless and I don't care what they think or say.

Ok, because I asked you that question for a reason.
I mean watching from aside I am getting impression that the democratic base is spending large amounts of time talking with itself or at least people who fairly strongly lean blue anyway. While there is something like half of the country that wouldn't vote in the the end, since they lost all hope. However these are actually the people with which you should insure clear electoral victory, since otherwise it will be pretty tight in the end and with uncertain result. After all polls are concentrated on likely voters, what simply isn't the full picture.

Therefore at least when it comes to internet/media once you get away from the democratic partisan places the Biden isn't really that present (my general impression). People talk about Trump in good or bad fashion, but they are talking about Trump. Even in good situations for Biden he is more of a candidate that should replace Trump, instead that he is Joe Biden the candidate. I mean you probably know all of that but this is indeed potential pitfall. He is doing better campaign than HRC but there is just a clear deficit of "juice". Even the good stuff often aren't really memorable and even political propositions that are being made just don't get enough of media presence. So that they land with the people (especially those that aren't into politics). For example I don't know that the house passed so many stimulus bills and I tend to pay attention to what is going on. While your right understands one thing and that is keeping of presence. Therefore if real life looks a lot like the virtual world that isn't good for team blue. I am not saying that people should risk getting the virus but more contacts or signs perhaps wouldn't hurt. Because if the democrats are generally too dug in that is vulnerable position. Since their presence will be lowered and with this you are losing the control over narrative. Especially since the general trust in the media is down. The fact that your right managed to trivialize the current pandemic is kinda red flag when you think about it. If they can do that they can make any narrative relevant.

Take this simply as a "review from audience", this is just my impression.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
However since I typed half of my thought I may as well type the other half, even if I know that some people here aren't going to like this. These are the thoughts before Ginsburg came fully into the picture but I am not sure that this changes the story all that much. In other words: if something big doesn't happen between the election day and debates are more of a draw I would actually put more money on Trump as a winner. However I will be fair enough to explain why.

The first part of the story is already in the last post. So I will be more concrete.
The thing is that plenty of states should go to Biden as it looks for now, but in many of them the lead isn't all that large. At this point Florida for Biden at best can be rated as "Tilt D", if we judge by 538. The 2 point lead is simply within margin of error. While NC is even closer, it is so close that is practice the state is probably red. However if these two states go red then Trump evidently has a shot. Pennsylvania in polling average is at Biden +5 and that is reachable. Nevada also narrowed down to that number, for Arizona is kinda a miracle that it also has Biden at plus 5. In New Hampshire about 1/4 of the lead is lost this month. Some districts in Nebraska and Maine could perhaps go red (again). From what I understood Texas doesn't do mail voting and with that during the pandemic it is hard that there will be more blue votes there. Georgia seems to be toying with list of registered voters. If polls miss as much as the last time on current numbers Wisconsin will be red again. Minnesota is also being called into question. Ohio used to be a pure toss up and now it is leaning very slightly red. Colorado is still fairly blue in polls but the drop since mid July is large 7 points.

In other words when you scratch the surface it doesn't look THAT great for Biden. However what is perhaps most concerning is that plenty of narrative is rotating around the polls. In other words if 1 in 50 voters in every state lied for whatever the reason that he will vote for Biden while he will vote for Trump that changes everything (even if the person still doesn't realize that their mind will flip in a few weeks under social media or whatever). Therefore if 2% of the voters don't vote as they said to the polls that means Biden is going down for 2 points and Trump is going up for 2 points. What suddenly changes the whole map and you will have toss ups or "within margin of error" all over the map. Especially since you have to add lower enthusiasm of Bernie people (out of which some probably wouldn't vote in the end), plus games with voting places, then games with postal service, rural areas probably aren't polled in the most precise way etc. Also the pandemic got trivialized as a talking point and it is now just "new normal". Plus there is also this story of removing green party from the ballot in certain states and if the democrats are really doing that they will probably lose more votes than they will gain for doing that. Or if the whole story is fake that is kinda even worse, since the effects will probably be as if it is real. Therefore all these states where Biden has a lead of 5 to 7 points can be quickly remade by "real life". As I said all of this really reminds me of my own corona elections that ended with unexpected right wing landslide. Since people simply didn't vote and the left establishment was in the clouds all the time. So when the debates went terribly wrong there was just not enough time to fix it. To the point that they got slammed so hard that even places like New Jersey and Oregon went red. Since the pandemic, low enthusiasm and simplistic talking points "forced" people to stay away. What tilted the whole country for 15 points or perhaps even more. Yeah, it is different political system and reality but I can really see the clear parallels.

Maybe all of this will indeed be enough for a win but this is a huge gamble that probably isn't justified, since there is indeed active risk of another 2016. Therefore the blue campaign and the base in my book have to rethink approach and strategy. That is really my honest opinion.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
UK, France, Germany oppose US deadline to reimpose sanctions on Iran

In other words even your allies don't agree (while enemies certainly don't). I mean on the level of permanent UN security council members it is currently 4vs1 against US. Therefore US probably wouldn't have the power to do what it wants. On the other hand the only thing that questioning of this deal has done is that it gave the window to Iran for restarting it's nuclear program. Plus Iran is now seeking more protection internationally, which it is increasingly getting from China. Therefore Iran got a friend that will protect their back while China will get a large foothold in the Middle east and large oil supply. Also over the last 2 decades US "invested" trillions into Middle East since the region is vital for the countries interests. While with this single move regarding the Iran deal they put all of that in jeopardy, since they created wide open door for China to come in and play. Research this on your own, there are decent pieces on the issue.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
b904f53a7223e92ec237cee5d31280b4.png

I share this sentiment completely. But more importantly, given Trump's systematic and compulsive tendency to accuse the other side of everything he's doing: did he basically just admit he receives shots of performance enhancing drugs in his ass before publicly speaking?

Jaguar

But more importantly, given Trump's systematic and compulsive tendency to accuse the other side of everything he's doing: did he basically just admit he receives shots of performance enhancing drugs in his ass before publicly speaking?

She used it first:

EgRvmvkWkAEExsC.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL. That or she made the rookie mistake of starting on the dose he takes, not realizing that his dose is higher because he's built a higher threshold for it.

eta: And if these drugs manifest differently for different people, it could explain that lime green dress too. :rly???:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
That entire cabinet is like the villains in a Saints Row game.