• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Jaguar

Bernie Sanders said:
Is this a democracy or an oligarchy? Sheldon Adelson, a multi-billionaire, is contributing $176 million to elect candidates who represent the rich and powerful.

He's dead. You're going to have to find another scapegoat.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Sen. Tom Cotton campaigned on his "experience as an Army Ranger" — but he didn't have any | Salon.com

In his first run for Congress, Cotton leaned heavily on his military service, claiming to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan," and, in a campaign ad, to have "volunteered to be an Army Ranger." In reality, Cotton was never part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the elite unit that plans and conducts joint special military operations as part of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Rather, Cotton attended the Ranger School, a two-month-long, small-unit tactical infantry course that literally anyone in the military is eligible attend. Soldiers who complete the course earn the right to wear the Ranger tab — a small arch that reads "Ranger" — but in the eyes of the military, that does not make them an actual Army Ranger.

lol

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's a guy I follow on Twitter, Jeff Nichols, who tweets a lot of interesting tidbits about Chicago history. Low key, mild-mannered guy who only occasionally complained about Trump. But when this Cotton story broke, it was like the last straw and he (Nichols) went on a spree posting political ads and speeches in which Cotton either directly said he was an army ranger or he didn't correct someone else saying it. :laugh: Historians can only take so much, I guess. (I guess part of why I thought it was so funny is because he was clearly worked up, but still didn't lose his mild-mannered composure - it doesn't get more "nice guy's breaking point").

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Independent: Trump trolled by ‘pathetic loser’ banner upon return to Mar-a-Lago

Someone flew "Trump worst president ever" and "Trump you pathetic loser go back to Moscow" over Mar-A-Lago.

Delicious.

I thought I'd mentioned this somewhere on the forum before, but what did he think was gonna happen? Did he really think he was just gonna retire down in Florida and just be this ex-President, local celebrity that people were wave at and take pictures with as he ventured out to do normal errands. Like, what did he expect? This doesn't surprise me one bit, and I'm honestly shocked things haven't really escalated beyond this point thus far (probably due to his secret service protection).

Jaguar

bernie-memes-003.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
f0876d569d875a61dd48010ebc7f4518.png

This next one I got from [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION].

f11bbf18666eb753993a0c60bca43ee0.png

I can't get enough of these.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I'd mentioned this somewhere on the forum before, but what did he think was gonna happen? Did he really think he was just gonna retire down in Florida and just be this ex-President, local celebrity that people were wave at and take pictures with as he ventured out to do normal errands. Like, what did he expect? This doesn't surprise me one bit, and I'm honestly shocked things haven't really escalated beyond this point thus far (probably due to his secret service protection).

I'd be really surprised if he's capable of that kind of forethought. He's not exactly the type to ace the marshmallow test, he's more the "take the marshmallow - from orphaned baby if necessary - then lie/bully as needed afterward".

I am surprised his spawn didn't think about it though. They're relatively young, and New York (for one) fucking hates them now. Ivanka and Hecubus bought some estate on a small island in Florida and the residents are already organizing to make sure they're never able to join the country club.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think Hawley has the vapours? (Like Lindsey Graham, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, and Devin Nunes)? Maybe that's why he's like that?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think Hawley has the vapours? (Like Lindsey Graham, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, and Devin Nunes)? Maybe that's why he's like that?

Hawley tried to implement the steps found in the "Populism for dummies" handbook: it started with his vocal support of the $2,000 increased stimulus by Trump, which won him favor initially, but he miscalculated how deranged Trump supporters would get during their Capitol protests.

Josh Hawley's reaction when he heard the protestors breached the Capitol:
x6CPGwR.gif

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ted Cruz is also a gigantic piece of human garbage. Josh Hawley was just a try hard that tried a little too hard -- Ted Cruz is the man who wants to watch the world burn just for the sake of spectacle.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be really surprised if he's capable of that kind of forethought. He's not exactly the type to ace the marshmallow test, he's more the "take the marshmallow - from orphaned baby if necessary - then lie/bully as needed afterward".

I am surprised his spawn didn't think about it though. They're relatively young, and New York (for one) fucking hates them now. Ivanka and Hecubus bought some estate on a small island in Florida and the residents are already organizing to make sure they're never able to join the country club.

It will never equal the damage they wreaked on the country, but being treated like pariahs on some level in the social and economic circles they value is at least some measure of poetic justice for a family that values its name and desires adoration.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I learned last night all about how Lori Lightfoot wants CPS teachers to go back to the classroom rather than continue teaching remotely.

Good to know idiocy can be bipartisan.

BTW, kids tend to be asymptomatic, but they can definitely spread the virus to their parents (and teachers).

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Josh Hawley's reaction when he heard the protestors breached the Capitol:
x6CPGwR.gif

And yet he's doubling down on it, insisting (on television, to an audience of millions) that he's being "silenced" by "cancel culture" and the liberal mob. *The vapours*. Honestly, especially Lindsey Graham, the lot of them just seem nuts to me, like a bunch of histrionic Trumpsplainers - they *always* start from the premise that Trump is right, no matter how insane it sounds or how much it contradicts what was 'right' the day before, and vomit out some justification for it, seemingly 100% oblivious to how infantile the logic is).

+1 [MENTION=12138]Ted[/MENTION] Cruz is a pungent bag of turd garbage.

It will never equal the damage they wreaked on the country, but being treated like pariahs on some leveol in the social and economic circles they value is at least some measure of poetic justice for a family that values its name and desires adoration.

Yeah, cold comfort is better than nothing.