• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
NYT: Biden Bars Trump From Receiving Intelligence Briefings, Citing ‘Erratic Behavior’

President Biden said on Friday that he would bar his predecessor, Donald J. Trump, from receiving intelligence briefings traditionally given to former presidents, saying that Mr. Trump could not be trusted because of his “erratic behavior” even before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The move was the first time that a former president had been cut out of the briefings, which are provided partly as a courtesy and partly for the moments when a sitting president reaches out for advice. Currently, the briefings are offered on a regular basis to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Mr. Biden, speaking to Norah O’Donnell of CBS News, said Mr. Trump’s behavior worried him “unrelated to the insurrection” that gave rise to the second impeachment of Mr. Trump.

“I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings,” Mr. Biden said.

“What value is giving him an intelligence briefing?” Mr. Biden added. “What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?”

I'm pretty sure I remember Schiff publicly saying this too, maybe a month or two back.

This is a very good decision.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I agree, it would be a total liability to keep him in the loop, unless they fed him bad intel, which I could have seen them doing anyway even when he was in office.

He will monetize anything he can, including US national security. He already has. Him and his whole fucking family.

Lark

He will monetize anything he can, including US national security. He already has. Him and his whole fucking family.

Anyone who could invent too big to fail and whose fortune is a legacy of tax fraud is not to be trusted with anything.

I cant believe that he was able to run a scam on the US public for as long as he did. Even if they were conservative bums for the most part.

Jaguar

NYT: Biden Bars Trump From Receiving Intelligence Briefings, Citing ‘Erratic Behavior’

President Biden said on Friday that he would bar his predecessor, Donald J. Trump, from receiving intelligence briefings traditionally given to former presidents, saying that Mr. Trump could not be trusted because of his “erratic behavior” even before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The move was the first time that a former president had been cut out of the briefings, which are provided partly as a courtesy and partly for the moments when a sitting president reaches out for advice. Currently, the briefings are offered on a regular basis to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Mr. Biden, speaking to Norah O’Donnell of CBS News, said Mr. Trump’s behavior worried him “unrelated to the insurrection” that gave rise to the second impeachment of Mr. Trump.

“I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings,” Mr. Biden said.

“What value is giving him an intelligence briefing?” Mr. Biden added. “What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?”

I'm pretty sure I remember Schiff publicly saying this too, maybe a month or two back.

This is why I have problems with the NYT. I'm a subscriber but they jump the gun—often—and because of that repeated offense, I have to corroborate their claims elsewhere. In this case, Biden did not bar him. "Would" =/= "did." I don't like paying for shitty reporting. I also subscribe to WAPO.

WAPO got it right:

President Biden said Friday that former president Donald Trump should not have access to classified information in the form of the briefings usually given to ex-presidents, citing Trump’s “erratic behavior” and the risk that he might recklessly reveal sensitive information.

Biden stopped short of announcing that he had officially decided to prevent his predecessor from receiving the briefings, which are traditionally given before former presidents travel abroad, particularly in an official capacity. But Biden has the unilateral authority to deny intelligence access to anyone he chooses, and his remarks amounted to a statement that Trump — who for four years controlled the entire U.S. security apparatus — was himself a security risk.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not seeing any above convos about the impeachment in any existing thread, so I guess this is as good a thread as any for this:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Former president millions of dollars in debt, some of which to foreign entities, and also showed he wasnt afraid to use his power in pursuit of his own self-interests? Sounds more than reasonable to assume he may have a slip of the tongue that could possibly bail him out.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Republican primary poll for 2024:

Trump: 53%
Pence: 12%
Trump Jr. : 6%

(out of dozen or so names these are top 3)

So already it is kinda safe to say that 2024 will be Harris vs. Trump.

Jaguar

Biden doesn't exist in 2024 but Harris does. I see. Will some asshole assassinate him, leaving Harris to run?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Biden doesn't exist in 2024 but Harris does. I see. Will some asshole assassinate him, leaving Harris to run?

Well I said "kinda". But looking at how things are going Trump vs. Harris is probably surprisingly realistic guess even if we are this far way. Since the incumbent will be 80+ at the time and GOP is kinda "Trump party" at this point in the terms of base.

:shrug:

Jaguar

Well I said "kinda". But looking at how things are going Trump vs. Harris is probably surprisingly realistic guess even if we are this far way. Since the incumbent will be 80+ at the time and GOP is kinda "Trump party" at this point in the terms of base.

:shrug:

These are extraordinary times. If Joe is still as healthy as he is now, he should run for re-election. I don't care how old he is. Furthermore, to this day, I cannot fathom why so many people brought up Joe's age when he was running for office but said nothing about Bernie's. He's older than Joe.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
These are extraordinary times. If Joe is still as healthy as he is now, he should run for re-election. I don't care how old he is. Furthermore, to this day, I cannot fathom why so many people brought up Joe's age when he was running for office but said nothing about Bernie's. He's older than Joe.

If he is healthy perhaps, but at the end of the second term he will be 86 or something like that. This term is ok but the next one is really under question for him in this regard.
But yeah if there is no Joe, DNC should probably organize primaries instead of just passing everything to Harris. Nothing personal, I am just not sure she will win, especially if whole MAGA thing stays relevant. My original point was that just by looking in the cards it is easy to see how all of this could turn into another 2016 in 2024, if someone is not careful.

To be honest I saw that everyone from top people got age challenged, since just about everyone is 70+.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Let's hope that between now and 2024 Trump gets a massive fatal heart attack while eating a burger.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
f2caae2db24524073a447600089bfa89.png

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Let's hope that between now and 2024 Trump gets a massive fatal heart attack while eating a burger.

True, that is possibly the biggest argument that the candidates for 2024 are not certain.
On the other hand when I said Trump vs. Harris, that doesn't necessarily includes Donald. Since there is plenty of "the family" around and now they have good years to polish a new face under the supervision of the father. Which may not even have many of his flaws.

I know that I am scaring people but I find all of this to be too realistic to dismiss as a topic.