• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's something positive you try to keep in mind when negativity surrounds you?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That I'm a few hours, I'll get to sleep.
I also try to remember that whatever bad thing it is, it'll be over eventually.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmmm to deal with negativity i tend to withdraw really bad I go into a private quiet space away from people and isolate myself so I can be alone with my feelings and not other peoples then I tend to reflect on what I feel myself about something then try and come up with a solution to deal with what is upsetting me personally. I also seek out someone who cares for me and I have a heart to heart with them. And he he he he we have the same thinking process [MENTION=34748]LucieCat[/MENTION] I also think that bed will always be around the corner as my bed is a common space for me to be alone plus sleep is good for moods and negativity I find.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to tell myself it will "be over soon". Basically try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's not an anology about dying, just that I try to see when whatever it is that's bothering me will be over.

Lark

What way does everything that everyone's said tie into the actual forum?

I mean its all very well talking in the abstract but when the forum has reached peak negativity from time to time the only thing which has worked to sort of half stabilise things has been to temp or perma bann someone who's apt to pay no attention to notifications or mod msgs.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What way does everything that everyone's said tie into the actual forum?

I mean its all very well talking in the abstract but when the forum has reached peak negativity from time to time the only thing which has worked to sort of half stabilise things has been to temp or perma bann someone who's apt to pay no attention to notifications or mod msgs.

My answer was more related to something internal, like feeling depressed, or being bummed out for some reason.

If the problem is external though, that requires a different solution, I see your point in that regard.