• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever defined your core values?

Lark

Have you ever defined your core values? Do you think you could reduce them to five? What makes those values more important than any others? Does it influence your decision making on a daily basis or not?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1.Fairness 2. Understanding 3. Individuality 4.Awareness of self and others 5. Finding truth/competency

Not that I am a paragon of these values but these are what I aspire to be.

Yes. They affect my decisions on a daily basis. If I get carried away with my emotions, I try to check in with myself to see if it truly aligns with my values. And if it doesn't, I try to rectify the situation.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Belonging, closeness, uniqueness, imagination, compassion. Not really in any order.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Justice
Honesty
Respect for all Life, both human and animal
Advocate for those with no voice
Compassion

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I did when I was a teenager. Things like "always be honest" and "never hurt anyone."

Everything became more complex and nuanced as I grew older, so I can't define values in such an absolute way anymore. My approach is more situational now, and I'm more whimsical. So whether my values influence my decisions depends on my mood.

I feel like there's an ideal version of how I should act, what my natural inclination is, and how I actually act. They are not the same. Sometimes, they're in conflict with each other. I do whatever is easy, which is neither the ideal or the impulse.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
Have you ever defined your core values? Do you think you could reduce them to five? What makes those values more important than any others? Does it influence your decision making on a daily basis or not?

My core values are empathy and creativity. They are both now the content of the internet but I have barely begun to realise them on the internet.

I suspect I will make a breakthrough in an unexpected direction and realise my values electronically.

Duffy

1. Autonomy
2. Resolve
3. Nobility
4. Self-scrutiny Play
5. Understanding Empathy

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
My true driving motives are freedom and liberty, which include having choices and having the flexibility to adapt to situations and make changes as necessary. Nothing else even comes close to that but I do believe in constantly improving on an existing ideal and striving to achieve more than what came before. If I had to relate it to anything it would be the idea of manifest destiny. I'm basically 'Murica the girl.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
1. Self Expression/Creativity
2. Being genuine and true to oneself
3. Honesty
4. Freedom
5. To Constantly evolve and to grow

The moment I stop evolving and find myself stagnant in life, I shall find no use for living. I continually push myself and see how far my talents and abilities will take me. When it's time for me to leave this earth, I will have known that my life was not wasted and I lived a life worth living. One that was my own, one that was cherished.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

I've pretty much reduced them to 4 - I tend to subscribe to the 4 cardinal virtues of justice, fortitude, prudence and temperance. With varying degrees of success, if I'm honest.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. Self Expression/Creativity
2. Being genuine and true to oneself
3. Honesty
4. Freedom
5. To Constantly evolve and to grow

The moment I stop evolving and find myself stagnant in life, I shall find no use for living. I continually push myself and see how far my talents and abilities will take me. When it's time for me to leave this earth, I will have known that my life was not wasted and I lived a life worth living. One that was my own, one that was cherished.

How beautiful! :)

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Selflessness
Sincerity
Humility
Unending sense of wonder
Silent strength

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
REBELLION and DESTRUCTION

yeah I don't really have any values I attach myself to... other than the inner desire to base my decisions off what will produce the least amount of overall suffering in the long run, since I act based off the assumption that I am all life forms, but must act through a single one to preserve the others. Hive Mind POWER >: D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Biggest two are harmony and happiness. I am constantly striving for inner peace which is impossible unless the atmosphere around me is peaceful as well and I will do whatever I have to in order to achieve that. Hand in hand with harmony is happiness. Harmony causes happiness for me. It's important to me that I find what makes me happy and live a life where in the end I can say that I truly found happiness.

While harmony and happiness are my big 2, a few others that resonate with me are responsibility, justice, and kindness. (I probably need to work on being better at that last one though.)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

No.

I can't bring myself to form those kinds of restrictions. I'm what I feel I need to be in the context of the moment.

Be it saint, murderer, monster, liberal, conservative, saviour, destructor, freedom fighter, fascist, brave, cowardly, unexplained, overexplained, imaginative, dull, aggressive, regressive, proactive, reactive, spiritual, realist, religious, atheistic, rationalising, irrationalising, evil, good, right, wrong, gay, straight, bisexual, somethingsexual, violent, passive.......and so on.....etc.....indeed......yah!

I am the world and it is me. The world doesn't know what it wants or needs and I've been born to reflect that.

You can't trust me and you can trust me. You cannot rely on me and you can rely on me.

I am the only honesty that exists in objective truth.

Humanity is OBSESSED with pushing towards the paths they believe in most. But they diverge into the infinite and it's all fucked up in the insanity of the moment.

They cling to their judgement and their beliefs, to build a wall around themselves and keep out the existential cold. Not nihilism.

Just the quality of being.

And it is terrifying to them.

They will never learn wisdom; because their memories are too short and they operate from a position of "I am right" to begin with. The worst creatures I've ever witnessed.

We build heavens and hells in our heads and then make them a reality, because they were never NOT a reality to begin with. They are the only way we can relate to existence.

I think when we expire we understand it, for the briefest of moments.

It's the only time when we are actually true & perceive reality in it's expanse.

And then we go back to it.

I can't wait for you all to die....getting excited just thinking about it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Empathy and understanding
2. True to one self/Integrity
3. The 5 Freedoms for every living being - especially those in our care
4. Freedom of choice and basic respect for each others choices
5. Conscious reduction of suffering and focus on welfare for everyone

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I did when I was a teenager. Things like "always be honest" and "never hurt anyone."
So, you don't have those values anymore, now that you're a grown up?

Everything became more complex and nuanced as I grew older, so I can't define values in such an absolute way anymore. My approach is more situational now, and I'm more whimsical. So whether my values influence my decisions depends on my mood.
More whimsical than when you were a teenager, when you believed in honesty and not hurting others? Your mood determines your values? So, what happens when you are in a bad mood. Do your values change to reflect that? Everything becomes more nuanced and complex as we grow older. But you're saying your values changed when you grew up and are now dependent on your moods.

I feel like there's an ideal version of how I should act, what my natural inclination is, and how I actually act. They are not the same. Sometimes, they're in conflict with each other. I do whatever is easy, which is neither the ideal or the impulse.
Easier? You do what is easier. Obviously you don't have "core" values.