• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am scared

Illmatic

I am am finishing school this year and I'm scared about leaving everyone. My closest friends, they're gonna drift apart......it's scary

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you'll lose some old friends, but the important ones will keep in touch. i've been out over 3 years and live on the other side of the country with one of my high school best friends. and you'll make new ones too.

Jack427

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is natural to leave friends and probably never talk to them again. I grew up in a military family, I moved around every 2 or 3 years. Friends come and go, if they were really good friends just add them on facebook. That has worked for me. I even found a friend from back when I was 5.

I'm still good friends with a few people from high school and high school was a long time ago. We really don't keep in touch regularly and most of us are scattered over different countries but things click into place very easily when I see them again. It's the same way for college friends; I barely get to see them ever since we graduated and I'm honestly not good at keeping up regular contact, but the friendships run deep and I think they'll last.

You'll keep the friends you're meant to keep so try not to worry about it too much and don't let it hold you back from making new ones as you move on.

A

Anew Leaf

I am am finishing school this year and I'm scared about leaving everyone. My closest friends, they're gonna drift apart......it's scary

It's ok to find the change scary. Just don't let it petrify you too much. :)

You will have lots of opportunities to stay in touch that I wish I had had when I was your age. (*feels incredibly old now*) Keep in touch over facebook, texting, emails, skype, etc.

It is only natural that you will lose people in your life when major changes like this occur. However, the truest friends won't go anywhere.

I talk to one friend several times a week that I went to school with overseas. We've been friends for 18 years now. :)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
See it positive: if your friends leave you all, they might have never been real friends to begin with, and learning that might be more worth than sticking with them. I made that experience (although I had not very big illusions about it before to begin with), although it wasn't as easy back then, I think it is for the better.