• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cipolla Human Temperament Test (IDRLABS)

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'll at least skim through the book on which this test is based, The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity (1976) by the economist Carlo Cipolla:

Human beings fall into four basic categories: the helpless, the intelligent, the bandits and the stupid...If Tom takes an action and suffers a loss while producing a gain to Dick, Tom's mark will fall in field H: Tom acted helplessly. If Tom takes an action by which he makes a gain while yielding a gain also to Dick, Tom's mark will fall in area I: Tom acted intelligently. If Tom takes an action by which he makes a gain causing Dick a loss, Tom's mark will fall in area B: Tom acted as a bandit. Stupidity is related to area S and to all positions on axis Y below point O.

Cipolla Temperament Test: I like the terminology that they use better than the original.

I took the test, but I will not tell my results, as I feel I would be bragging ;).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cipolla-temperament

- - - Updated - - -

I took the test, but I will not tell my results, as I feel I would be bragging ;).

I knew it! You got 100% crooked, didn't you?!?! tsk. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cipolla-temperament

damnable moral upbringing

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was a great way to make something truly bad even worse -- so congrats!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. That was very kind of you to say.

I just want you to feel great even when I'm frustrated! :smile:

(or was I supposed to say, "Thanks, that was very stupid of you to say" lol)

yeghor

I just want you to feel great even when I'm frustrated! :smile:

(or was I supposed to say, "Thanks, that was very stupid of you to say" lol)

That wouldn't be very kind either coming from someone who thinks they are very very kind and moral according to their test result, don't you think? What would you call such a person?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That wouldn't be very kind either coming from someone who thinks they are very very kind and moral according to their test result, don't you think? What would you call such a person?

Carlo Cipolla, I guess?

yeghor

Carlo Cipolla, I guess?

Well the thing is you are not Carlo Cipallo, are you?

You are this very very kind hearted person with such good morals, who would not have any qualms calling people stupid because some other guy categorized them so, are you?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the thing is you are not Carlo Cipallo, are you?

CLICK ON THIS THREAD FOR THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION TO THIS DIALOGUE -- YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found it amusing that this test came with a warning reminiscent of what Disney+ puts up for some of their content.

cipolla-temperament

I did like this part:

Stupid People: Do bad to others while simultaneously doing bad to themselves (lose-lose). Non-stupid people always underestimate the damage these people can do.

Well, that's not at all relevant to our current situation.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This test assumes way too much, and is too one dimensional in its questions.

JK0IPNJ.png

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

yeghor

I'll at least skim through the book on which this test is based, The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity (1976) by the economist Carlo Cipolla:

Cipolla Temperament Test: I like the terminology that they use better than the original.

Put the MBTI functions on it.

What do you think?

View attachment 23038

In the original test, the stupid component is actually defined as Naivete btw.

Thus, results can be associated to MBTI S, N, T and F as show quoted, to cross-check typing.