• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Villain archetypes by MBTI type

Amberiat

Infinity
Perfect! That's pretty accurate
I think another villain archetype for ENFJs would be the one who works as a right hand or prominent figure for the main villain, and then usurps the villain and takes their place when it matters the most.

I always imagined an INTP doing something like that, being smarter/more capable in general than the "big bad" but letting him put in the effort while influencing things from the background until it's time to take his crown from the temporary holder, but that could work too, in a different context.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I always imagined an INTP doing something like that, being smarter/more capable in general than the "big bad" but letting him put in the effort while influencing things from the background until it's time to take his crown from the temporary holder, but that could work too, in a different context.

I'm curious about the context now.

Lib

Permabanned
How do villains relate to their shadow functions? Without having formed a complete idea about it, my first impression is that they incorporate their shadow to an extend that it might make their type unrecognizable.
When the tools available to our ego are not sufficient to defend us from assaults upon our personal integrity, the shadow usually steps in, unconsciously, with its alternative ways of operating, unfettered by moral constraints.”
– Mark Hunziker, Depth Typology
Shouldn't a villain actually be someone who takes this to an extreme, crosses all moral boundaries to defend an unrealistic idea of self/the world? If that's the right perspective, their shadow should distort their true personality type, no?

On the other hand, if the shadow is unconscious, then all Ni types are naturally shadowed or more prone to have shadows creeping in in challenging situations, away from their comfort zone? Or is it the opposite - since Ni are more familiar with their unconsciousness, they are more likely to tell the difference? I'm not sure how this must be interpreted tbh.