User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Icedream View Post
    Perfect! That's pretty accurate
    I think another villain archetype for ENFJs would be the one who works as a right hand or prominent figure for the main villain, and then usurps the villain and takes their place when it matters the most.
    I always imagined an INTP doing something like that, being smarter/more capable in general than the "big bad" but letting him put in the effort while influencing things from the background until it's time to take his crown from the temporary holder, but that could work too, in a different context.
    Johari | Nohari

Moving forward, put aside all unnecessary preconceptions, eliminate all biases, analyze all the facts without letting external influences cloud your better judgement and put together a coherent picture of the truth like a jigsaw puzzle, you have the pieces you need, the only thing left to do is to learn how to put them together properly.
    Likes Icedream liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    I always imagined an INTP doing something like that, being smarter/more capable in general than the "big bad" but letting him put in the effort while influencing things from the background until it's time to take his crown from the temporary holder, but that could work too, in a different context.
    I'm curious about the context now.
    "I think we play the heroes in our own stories without realizing that we may be the villain of someone else's."

"Fear is the death of music."

Permabanned

How do villains relate to their shadow functions? Without having formed a complete idea about it, my first impression is that they incorporate their shadow to an extend that it might make their type unrecognizable.
    When the tools available to our ego are not sufficient to defend us from assaults upon our personal integrity, the shadow usually steps in, unconsciously, with its alternative ways of operating, unfettered by moral constraints.”
    – Mark Hunziker, Depth Typology
    Shouldn't a villain actually be someone who takes this to an extreme, crosses all moral boundaries to defend an unrealistic idea of self/the world? If that's the right perspective, their shadow should distort their true personality type, no?

On the other hand, if the shadow is unconscious, then all Ni types are naturally shadowed or more prone to have shadows creeping in in challenging situations, away from their comfort zone? Or is it the opposite - since Ni are more familiar with their unconsciousness, they are more likely to tell the difference? I'm not sure how this must be interpreted tbh.