• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The Way of the Perceiver

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think many realize that Perceiving is a gift. Share some positive Percievery thoughts, observations, or something that your flexible and open cognitive slant did that was positive for you. The point is to honor, elevate, fetishize and to put upon a pedestal the behaviors and thoughts and actions that are typically associated with Perceivers. J's are welcome as well, Perceiving is a state of mind.

I'll start.

Looking back, moving out of the Midwest USA and to the West Coast with a very loose hair-brained scheme, a suitcase, and pitiful savings was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, but I found it. A hella lot of personal growth and a new career and so many things that were better than I could possibly plan for.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
qlip said:
The point is to honor, elevate, fetishize and to put upon a pedestal the behaviors and thoughts and actions that are typically associated with Perceivers.

To be clear, you mean extraverted perceiving dom/aux, correct?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be clear, you mean extraverted perceiving dom/aux, correct?

To be clear, I don't mean to be too clear. :D This is more about the traits that "extraverted perceiving dom/aux" are attributed to, but as you know there's a lot of stereotyping involved when it comes to it, and I refuse to believe that such traits belong to them entirely.

In short, it's just for when you say to yourself, "Damn, that's Perceivery", in a good way.

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
perceiever trsits are funny though, cause they make stuff as they go, and we got a "we'll make it as we go mentality". Percievers are real funny when theres a deadline or something that needs to be done cause we"ll do everything but prepare for it, but as we get closer to the thing we become more "anxious" and focused. Like when I have papers I do everything but do it, but like an hour before its do I become hyper focused

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to be pretty perceiverish when traveling and to some extents hiking, and also I've made some incredibly perceiverish 'life decisions'.

I moved to Colorado without any job lined up, deciding I'd figure it out once I got out here, though it wasn't 100% perceiver since I decided to do the move like 10 months prior and planned out when I was going to quit my job (wanted to save as much as possible before quitting and having no job for a minimum of 6 months and possibly a lot longer) and also bought plane tickets for a 7 week trip to South America prior, though I left a second trip out of the country undecided until pretty close to the date.

The last time I quit my job though was entirely perceiver, as I quit without any plans really. That time around, jobwise, didn't go so great, but ultimately I don't regret either decision and lots of interesting and not-bad things happened.

One of my favorite things to do is to wander offtrail whenever I get this intuition /urge to do so, and I'll do it when driving as well, on a few occasions I've suddenly exited or 'explored' a different area (it probably helps that I have a good internal sense of direction)... my photo-sense and curiosity play into it and result in some of my favorite pics ever.

perceiever trsits are funny though, cause they make stuff as they go, and we got a "we'll make it as we go mentality". Percievers are real funny when theres a deadline or something that needs to be done cause we"ll do everything but prepare for it, but as we get closer to the thing we become more "anxious" and focused. Like when I have papers I do everything but do it, but like an hour before its do I become hyper focused

I’ve handed in papers with the ink barely dry. In fact it was a preferred method.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
To be clear, I don't mean to be too clear. :D This is more about the traits that "extraverted perceiving dom/aux" are attributed to, but as you know there's a lot of stereotyping involved when it comes to it, and I refuse to believe that such traits belong to them entirely.

In short, it's just for when you say to yourself, "Damn, that's Perceivery", in a good way.

This short exchange in itself, I feel, presents the Perceivery way. Can’t quite put my finger on it atm, but when I saw this, I simply thought to myself, “yes”.