• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does non-verbal reasoning have more to do with iNtuition than Sensing? Type me?

d0rmancy

Ok, my school made us do this cognitive assessment test thing measuring verbal, non-verbal, quantitive(maths), and spatial intelligence. Being the indecisive, distracted slow-thinker I was, I scored under-average on the non-verbal intelligence assessment (which I think most of the kids scored well on) and now I can't stop thinking about it. I do tend to have moments of brain-fog a lot where I don't recall something at the right moment or have problems with quick reasoning and I suspect that might have been what was happening since I can relate to many of the ADD symptoms stated online. People have told me that I'm smart for my age, but my CAT results (specifically the non-verbal part) are making me think otherwise. Now, I'm aware there are many types of intelligence and that IQ tests or tests measuring intelligence aren't to be trusted very much since intelligence is such a tricky thing to pinpoint but I want to know--do you correlate non-verbal intelligence with iNuition, or Sensing? And what about verbal intelligence? From what I know about INTPs (TiNe), they are said to tend to be slow thinkers because they have a more step-by-step, in-depth approach to logical patterns. I'm wondering, is this because INTPs feel the need to consciously evaluate each and every step before reaching a conclusion? Wouldn't that be counter-intuitive to think so since intuition has more to do with gut-feelings rather than conscious-reasoning? I'm really confused, please enlighten me. I can't seem to come to a pinpoint conclusion about what my type is. I think I'm an INFP with ADD or Sluggish Cognitive Tempo, or just actually kind of retarded when it comes to quick logical reasoning. I scored fairly well on the verbal, quantitive, and spatial reasoning parts though. I may even be an unhealthy ISTJ with INFP behavioral traits. Does my type have anything to do with this?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have something similar with my tests I've taken. You mention spatial intelligence, I'm dismally low on it. Or at least I was when tested at about 13. I don't think much has changed. I have a hard time gauging how far away things are or how deep. My spatial intelligence was so dismally low, it was seen as an indicator of a learning disability, which was ruled out since that was literally the sole indicator.

Then, I guess you could say my lack of spatial intelligence is connected with the fact that I'm an Ne dom. But I haven't observed this in the Ne doms I have met/listen to/read about. So I don't think there's a correlation. Other intuitive friends of mine don't seem to have a problem with it.

If anything, I'd attribute non-verbal intelligence to people with a great deal of Fe or Se. Not exactly a sensor intuitive thing though. Fe is very in tune with group dynamics, social standards, and what people need. Se is very present in the physical moment and gains information from what is at any specific moment. So out of all the functions, I'd peg people who have strong Se or Fe as people with higher non-verbal intelligence. Stereotypically of course. This would mean that ESTPs, ESFPs. ISTPs, ISFPs, ESFJs, ENFJs, INFJs, and ISFJs would be more likely to have higher spatial intelligence. I don't have any empirical data though, just observations and guesswork/reasoning. That's all if I'm using the same definition meant here (picking up on non verbal cues like body language).

But you're fine the way you are, trust me. My lack of spatial recognition skills does not make me unintelligent. That's only one part of who you are and one test on a specific day.

As to whether you are INFP or ISTJ, it really comes down to Ne or Te. I think not being able to make up your mind would correlate more with the Ne of an INFP (instead of Si and Fi). My image of ISTJs depicts them more as decisive individuals, mostly because of Te. That doesn't eliminate the chance of an Si-Fi loop. I can't say for sure which you are. Though it's usually not to hard for me to tell STJs and NFPs apart, but I would need to know more information. The NFP and STJ types have a very distinctively different feel to them. Though maybe that's bevause I'm an ENFP.

Fi can can also be slow to make decisions (along with Ti). They often take time to withdrawal and rumiate over the info. That's how you get the well-known picture of an ENP who is an extrovert, but feels more like an introvert. We need to withdrawal to process quite a bit. Haven't noticed this really with ESPs but I wouldn't be surprised if some felt the same way.

But whatever type you are, there are intelligent people of every type. Intelligence or lack thereof doesn't determine S or N. Literally Se, Ne, Si, and Ni just describe our perferred modes of taking in information.

rav3n

Non-verbal reasoning on cognitive tests, has to do with pattern matching problem solving which is a component of iNtuition.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ok, my school made us do this cognitive assessment test thing measuring verbal, non-verbal, quantitive(maths), and spatial intelligence. Being the indecisive, distracted slow-thinker I was, I scored under-average on the non-verbal intelligence assessment (which I think most of the kids scored well on) and now I can't stop thinking about it. I do tend to have moments of brain-fog a lot where I don't recall something at the right moment or have problems with quick reasoning and I suspect that might have been what was happening since I can relate to many of the ADD symptoms stated online. People have told me that I'm smart for my age, but my CAT results (specifically the non-verbal part) are making me think otherwise. Now, I'm aware there are many types of intelligence and that IQ tests or tests measuring intelligence aren't to be trusted very much since intelligence is such a tricky thing to pinpoint but I want to know--do you correlate non-verbal intelligence with iNuition, or Sensing? And what about verbal intelligence? From what I know about INTPs (TiNe), they are said to tend to be slow thinkers because they have a more step-by-step, in-depth approach to logical patterns. I'm wondering, is this because INTPs feel the need to consciously evaluate each and every step before reaching a conclusion? Wouldn't that be counter-intuitive to think so since intuition has more to do with gut-feelings rather than conscious-reasoning? I'm really confused, please enlighten me. I can't seem to come to a pinpoint conclusion about what my type is. I think I'm an INFP with ADD or Sluggish Cognitive Tempo, or just actually kind of retarded when it comes to quick logical reasoning. I scored fairly well on the verbal, quantitive, and spatial reasoning parts though. I may even be an unhealthy ISTJ with INFP behavioral traits. Does my type have anything to do with this?

What type do you think you are?.
Every type or really any kind of people is smart in their own way .
If you aren't happy about just do something to fix it . Actually Intp are one of the most faster thinker but they are thinking so many variables that make it slower and they don't trust intuition if they already know the reasoning of that point of view , That is why intp in test show high Ni ,' cause they can reach Ni conclusions really fast but they don't trust it without more investigation .

If you are worry about your intution , i think you are an Intp xD . Chill out and learn an activity that need imagination and creativity and enjoy unlimited intuition.