• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Sociable is Fe?

adventureawaits

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah I see. Thanks for the input.

Would you consider ENTJ to be an emotional type? I personally find that I am calm if my emotions aren't involved. But if I am emotionally involved in anything, it's turbulent and causes a great deal of stress and anxiety. I made a thread about it actually, though I realize my problems may stem from an extreme 6 like paranoia than anything else. Because of this reason, I end up presenting a different version of myself to my loved ones - anxious emotional and a totally different one to others - patient and even tempered. I guess my emotional nature causes this in me. How about you though? How does Fi show in you? I can't really tell how good my Fi is though I have moments where I can't ignore it and it has to be expressed.

You're welcome!

I would consider everyone to be emotional to some degree. I think it's just expressed in different ways. The way you are describing your emotions is very similar to the ENTJ I know. Probably one of the calmest people I know. However, if it was an emotionally charged situation, it usually made him anxious and then they came out as anger/defensiveness or he would shut down the situation quickly by refusing to engage in it. He wasn't super emotionally expressive, but showed his emotion in a variety of ways - more so by doing things that would "improve" my life, making time for me when he was consumed with work, or by defending me (or others and ESPECIALLY animals. He would get downright emotional if an animal was in trouble and I couldn't tell you how many animals he saved in our backyard over the years!).

As for how I experience Fi, I take my emotions very very seriously. I analyze the crap out of them and then analyze them again. I place a lot of value on how I feel and I regularly refer to/reflect upon my emotions in my day to day life. They literally drive me to do whatever it is I'm doing (or not doing) at the time. I personalize a lot and have a hard time not taking things as a personal attack (and this does sometimes come out as defensiveness). My values mean everything to me and I consider them part of who I am as a person. I'm very quick to defend them. I'm all about authenticity and feel uncomfortable when someone's emotional actions don't match up with their true self.

I'm not sure how different this is from you, but I look at my emotions as a strength and a path to self growth. Just drawing on my experience with an ENTJ, he looked at his emotions as negative and more of a weakness. They made him uncomfortable, whereas I pretty much live in mine because they are my comfort zone.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're welcome!

I would consider everyone to be emotional to some degree. I think it's just expressed in different ways. The way you are describing your emotions is very similar to the ENTJ I know. Probably one of the calmest people I know. However, if it was an emotionally charged situation, it usually made him anxious and then they came out as anger/defensiveness or he would shut down the situation quickly by refusing to engage in it. He wasn't super emotionally expressive, but showed his emotion in a variety of ways - more so by doing things that would "improve" my life, making time for me when he was consumed with work, or by defending me (or others and ESPECIALLY animals. He would get downright emotional if an animal was in trouble and I couldn't tell you how many animals he saved in our backyard over the years!).

As for how I experience Fi, I take my emotions very very seriously. I analyze the crap out of them and then analyze them again. I place a lot of value on how I feel and I regularly refer to/reflect upon my emotions in my day to day life. They literally drive me to do whatever it is I'm doing (or not doing) at the time. I personalize a lot and have a hard time not taking things as a personal attack (and this does sometimes come out as defensiveness). My values mean everything to me and I consider them part of who I am as a person. I'm very quick to defend them. I'm all about authenticity and feel uncomfortable when someone's emotional actions don't match up with their true self.

I'm not sure how different this is from you, but I look at my emotions as a strength and a path to self growth. Just drawing on my experience with an ENTJ, he looked at his emotions as negative and more of a weakness. They made him uncomfortable, whereas I pretty much live in mine because they are my comfort zone.

Ah I see. I usually am not even aware of how I feel and it's not my focus. I have taken up therapeutic writing to help myself understand the feelings that cause me anxiety but now, ironically, writing is starting to induce anxiety in me. I started keeping a journal. It's severely disorganized and I often wonder, 'Am I doing this right?' and I have to repeatedly tell myself, there is no right way to make a journal entry. It has helped me identify a lot of stressors for me so I am pleased with the results.