• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne and Se-doms, do you have trouble with bios?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a very difficult time with self-conception, I am always stumped when asked to give an accounting of myself. I can always say what I did in the past, but never feel that's truly indicative of me, and I have a very hard time setting it in a definitive narrative. I feel like I am essentially what I have on my mind which is always to a degree some function of my environment. I feel like I'm more of a ballistic path than a location, but the target itself is somewhat irrelevant. That all ends up being too vague for a world that wants to know what you are.

So, I generally write out a couple of glib phrases. Or maybe I'll ask a friend and go with that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a very difficult time with self-conception, I am always stumped when asked to give an accounting of myself. I can always say what I did in the past, but never feel that's truly indicative of me, and I have a very hard time setting it in a definitive narrative. I feel like I am essentially what I have on my mind which is always to a degree some function of my environment. I feel like I'm more of a ballistic path than a location, but the target itself is somewhat irrelevant. That all ends up being too vague for a world that wants to know what you are.

Do they really want to know what you are? I don't think so, at least not in writing. I don't mean people don't want to know you, you're a cool person so I'm sure they do. I only mean that I don't think a bio needs to be that revealing or in depth.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, I feel the exact same way. I don't take bios seriously at all. I can't seriously summarize myself that way without feeling inauthentic. Not that people who put actual information down in their bio are inauthentic, I just feel weird about talking about my personality and who I am and trying to summarize that all up as if it fully encapsulates everything. I'd rather have my bio be short and sweet with maybe some relation to my identity or just whatever I feel like. Talking to me will let who I am speak for itself.

My TypeC bio: "Will you be my sea slug?"
My Tumblr bio: 20 | Cis | He/Him | ENFP
My Tinder bio: weeeee

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just not comfortable sharing that much, and my default response is heavy handed sarcasm. :shrug:

Exemplar: TC bio; “I am the major mannequin in the dance revolution.”

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes, it's either i dunno what i want to share or i do know and start it and end up talking about something not having to do with me. which i guess isn't the same problem, it's like i know the end point but can't manage to get their.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So, I generally write out a couple of glib phrases. Or maybe I'll ask a friend and go with that.

Actually this is interesting because I always thought I understood who I am internally but when I was asked to tell someone about myself at an audition I found it really difficult. I ended up talking about learning languages and my children and what they are like and what i hoped for them. I messed it up because i was completely blank and lost for ages before i even started speaking.

It's much easier for me to speak about what I think about things and other people. I suppose I do not see myself as a subject but rather a lens.

Oh wow interesting reading about peoples bio's mine are also rather avoidant of any directness. I have 'may take a while' as my typo C bio... I joined in 2011... hahaha. I think I had 'muthatrucka' and 'finger in pies' on my old myspace account.

Edit: I joined in January 2010 doh, also a difficulty i have is with time... not just time but timelines... its the area of organisation i most struggle with

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any serious attempt at self-description falls terribly flat. Whenever I think of a descriptor that I think might do, I can think of at least a few instances where it's not really true. I'd need apt of foot notes and parenthetical asides if I were to ever attempt to feel comfortable with a self description. Also it would be LONG as FUCK.

So yeah, I do what [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] said and keep it vague or light.